You just can judge by preseason! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You just can judge by preseason!

DirkDiggler

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Really some people need to move away from the edge. Dallas, the Jets, Dolphins and many other teams didnt look that great. That means nothing until the real games begin. I am not worried. We will compete in this division.!

Completely agree. People get way too involved in preseason (not just Dolphin fans, but NFL fans in general. It's everyone's first taste of football since February and we're all way past due on our football fix). I'm a die hard Dolphin fan and I have been for as long as I can honestly remember. I want us to win every game (preseason included). However, we have to realize that preseason, for the most part, is meaningless. We can't get upset and worked up over losses and poor performances.

Remember a few years ago when the Lions went 0-16? Anyone care to take a stab at their preseason record?...4-0.

The only thing that matters to me in preseason is that we escape injury free.

I think there are areas the Fins do need to work on that have been shown in preseason. I trust the coaches are doing their jobs...

I just look for our rookies to show something and our offense to gel. the only thing that worries me is the dropsies. Koa Misi is the real deal. Just wait til next year!

The offense and defense will play much better once the season starts. They know what they have to work on and I'm confident they'll play well in the regular season.

The only thing I look for is Rookies & 1st time starters (i.e. Clemons), & so far no rook or Clemons has really disappointed me.

Really some people need to move away from the edge. Dallas, the Jets, Dolphins and many other teams didnt look that great. That means nothing until the real games begin. I am not worried. We will compete in this division.!

I totally agree. Just look at the Colts every year in the preseason, they never look good. The preseason doesn't really matter that much!!

All I look for is for Miami's bench players, new players and Rookies to show something. #s 40 and 41, for example, looked HORRIBLE. So did GARDENER. And also, nothing much from FOLSOM, WALDEN, #71 (whoever he is). And #28 better excel at returning punts and/or kicks, because he was terrible in the "slot" again--NESS looked a whole lot better. GROVE is noticeably more powerful, and better, than BERGER, although BERGER (honestly) is good as well. WALLACE looked good and appears to be a very promising young big and fast WR. TURNER used his body (size) a little more like O GADSEN, but MOORE fell back down to Earth. COBBS looked erratic, and mediocre or worse most of the time. PENNINGTON looks to be about 100% already. WHITE didn't impress overly.

I attach little importance to the final score, or even the performance of the various "units". For some teams, Game 3 is a "dress rehearsal" for the regular season. SIP, however, sprinkled 2nd, 3rd and 4th String players into the lineup long before Halftime! I think that SIP prefers ANSWERS to the questions they have. And i/m/o, they got quite a few! For example:

1) DANSBY--can cover a TE, and force a QB to make a perfect throw even for a simple short "out". Besides everything else, DANSBY "takes away the angle" as well as anyone I've seen for a long time. If you can do well against freakin' TONY GONALEZ, you can do well against anyone.

2) THE SLOT/NICKEL CB--Sapp supposedly was good on S/Ts, pretty good in coverage, and a good tackler. It looked to me like he's "as advertised". CARROLL isn't.

3) THE FS POSITION--CLEMONS looks pretty solid. I'm a lot less worried, now, than I was 3 weeks ago.

4) PENNINGTON--looks better and better, as far as being healed is concerned. And as it was when he first got here, it doesn't take him long to round into mid season form. WHITE played better, but what does THAT mean!?? He still hasn't impressed me, and time is running out.

5) OLMEN--I like what I'm seeing from "the usual suspects". Beyond those 7 or so, A HARTLINE flat-out sucks, as does GARDENER. As to MURTHA, he confuses the hell out of me by his inconsistency. Against TB, he looked pretty solid at LT. But against J'VILLE, he was...lousy. Against ATLANTA, just to confuse us all, he ALTERNATED between pretty good and mediocre-at-best. I hope that they can "coach him up" a bit, so that at least he's consistently decent, because he seems to have the physical skills, and he's needed.

6) DLMEN--A "strength". MIAMI could end up being 3 deep at NT, w/3 different kinds of NTs. We know about STARKS. But SOLIAI continues to be unmovable even when double-teamed, and that kid who plays DE and NT--he wears #90, and his name always escapes me--looks better and better too. In fact, he's reminding me more and more of JIM BURT, out of the U, who anchored PARCELLS' 3-4 w/the GIANTS. As to our DEs, I liked all of them, except #71 and 73.

I totally agree. Just look at the Colts every year in the preseason, they never look good. The preseason doesn't really matter that much!!

it's kinda easy to see why Indianapolis is struggling in the pre-season. they're not a good barometer for any other team since no other team has the best QB in football

Back
Top Bottom