You know Mods | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You know Mods

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I hate it when you merge threads sometimes.
When a member makes a post with a unique thought about a topic and it gets buried into a humongus thread because they share a similar topic.

Geez, can you at least give it a little air time before you bury it?

A forum is about expressing your opinion, not being pigeon holed. Sometimes it makes sense, but not always.

You know, there at least three other threads about either Jay or Feeley as a starter and they didn't get moved.

HELLO?????????

Anyone out there?!?!?!?

I didn't move this thread. But the reason it was moved is because it was a COMPLAINT. And this is the Complaints forum. What did you expect??

In regards to the merging, I agree and that is being addressed with some of the new mods.

As for the Fiedler threads....where do you suggest we move them?? There's no Jay Fiedler forum at this time. And he's a Dolphin. So the Dolphins forum seems appropriate.

Moving this one is fine. The other one is my issue. I don't think you have to merge them at all. If they are of interest people will comment. If not they will migrate down the board and disappear. They always do.

The one thought I have about moving this one (complaint)is that it denies the oportunity for others who feel the same to agree. That way you know its not just one member whining. It would help identify problems and legitimate issues.

They would not have to stay forever, just long enough to get a sampling of popular opinion.

Thanks for responding.

First off, whomever moved this left a redirect and it has gotten 32 views with no one else complaining.

Secondly, when someone makes a new post for a slightly different subject than ones that are on the front page, it may eventually drop down... but it also causes other posts to do the same. Say someone has a good point about our WR's, and make a good post. Then, (as has been happening) 4-5 or more people make new posts about subjects that already have good discussions going, changing only a minor detail to try and justify a new thread. 9 times out of 10 that WR post is going to get bumped to the second page only to suffer a miserable death.

On the subject of long threads... I (and I would imagine many) would rather read through ONE multi page thread about the QB controversy, rather than to have to click into 20-30 or more individual threads on the same subject. Same amount of reading... less hunting through the boards for topics. The front page can only hold so many posts, and with the tendancy around here not to bother searching or looking on the second page... isn't it in the best interest of the boards to offer as large a variety of topics in as little space as possible?

[/rant]

BTW, this is just my personal feelings on the matter... it in no way is a mandate from AJ/Muck.

Who are the new Mods? I am guessing Triple P is one, but who is the other? Just curious. :)

Back
Top Bottom