You know the Fins are cursed or plain stupid if this happens.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You know the Fins are cursed or plain stupid if this happens..

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
Manning signs with Denver in the next coming days, while waiting out, Miami misses out on signing Flynn who goes to Seattle. Draft comes around and Cleveland takes Tannehill with their 4th pick leaving the Fins with diddly squat. While waiting out for Manning, Fins lose out on other potential top FAs like Eric Winston, Jared Gaither and Reggie Wayne.

I don't see how Miami would miss out on these other FAs. They have had their meeting w/ Manning and know what hes demanding which means they know what they have to work with for potential free agents and are able to pursue them. I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne signed quick w/ Miami and tried to lure Manning here. But I expect alot of 2/3rd tier players signed over the next few days.

Not at all dismissing the possibility of that happening

....and that's precisely why I try not to walk too much out in the open for fear of being hit by falling space debris.

ya its kind of a stretch but seriously, with the Ryan Clark, Harbaugh, (fill in blanks here) incidents, nothing would surprise me.

110g5uf-1.jpg

That image is cute but flawed. Ryan Clark was regarded as a top tier FS in the league. Fins couldnt reel him in. Harbaugh is a grown man looking for his first Head Coaching job, I highly doubt a move was the mitigating factor, Crowder sucks most are okay with the move, Fisher, just like Clark is highly regarded in this league and once again, say what you want, but Fins couldnt reel him in.

This is the only thing that worries me. Not gonna cry if we miss out on Manning if we get Flynn. Not gonna cry about Flynn if we get Tannehill. Miss out on Tannehill and it's not gonna be pretty.

The scenario you have presented could happen.

Seattle could try to leap frog us to #7. We might have to out bid Seattle, and move up to #7 ourselves.

St Louis could trade back to #7, which will move Jacksonville up to #4, and then St Louis can trade back again with Seattle to #12, putting Seattle ahead of us to take Tannehill. St Louis will reap more additional picks for rebuilding....wow...with extra 1st round draft picks in the bank.St Louis is really in the catbird seat.

A lot can happen, but I doubt that Tannehill will be picked at #4. He could get picked at 6,7, or 8. The first 10 picks will be very interesting.

That image is cute but flawed. Ryan Clark was regarded as a top tier FS in the league. Fins couldnt reel him in. Harbaugh is a grown man looking for his first Head Coaching job, I highly doubt a move was the mitigating factor, Crowder sucks most are okay with the move, Fisher, just like Clark is highly regarded in this league and once again, say what you want, but Fins couldnt reel him in.

You'll believe what your agenda helps you to believe, but Ryan Clark was a run of the mill safety who got outed as such when Troy Palamolu went down. He deserved Antrell Rolle money as much as Matt Hasselbech deserves Peyton Manning money! With Harbaugh: "a happy wife equals a happy life." If actual winning coaches like Cowher and Gruden were available, Fisher would be low, if non existent on everyone's list. Anyone who thinks a guy who's produced 6 out of 17 winning seasons is more than mediocre has been drinking the media lemonade. People may say "well he needs control because of the way that mean Bud Adams foisted Vince Young on him" when in fact, if over 17 years he had at least 2 if not more opportunities to walk instead of renewing his contract under those awful conditions -that he didn't makes him the same dummazz as when hiring Schotty and not vetting Gregg Williams or wondering why he could wrest him so easily from the grip of NO. The irony is that if not for 2 of those seasons where VY started 15 games, Fisher would have had 2 less winning seasons. Pathetic! Chowder sucked period.. When Burnett got dug in, the obvious difference was like driving a Bimmer vs a Kia Rio. nuff said on that disruptive doosh.

But I agree with you that they couldn't reel Fisher in, but we ended up a helluva lot better with more potential upside with Philbin than Mr Mediocrity, so that was on Ross. But sometimes things happen for a reason and none of us should be too upset with the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
And...when it does and we draft Brandon Weedon...and he becomes our franchise....

Everyone will say Ireland is a genius...

Ryan Clark was never considered a top FS. He was considered a solid player that won't make mistakes. Nothing wrong with that. Fun fact about when the Steelers signed Clark, he was brought in to groom the Steelers 2nd round pick that year in Anthony Smith. The plan was for Clark to start a year and then give the spot up to Smith. That's what happened but the combo of poor play and stupid decisions put Clark back in the lineup.

Again, Clark is a good player to have. He won't make mistakes (aside from the occasional unnecessary roughness) and he doesn't get beat deep. But he was not worth Antrel Rolle money.

And yeah Harbaugh wasn't leaving Cali. Hell he verbally agreed to a contract with the Michigan Wolverines but had to back out because his wife didn't want to move.

Back
Top Bottom