You know the Fins are cursed or plain stupid if this happens..

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by mandal24, Mar 13, 2012.

1. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

Manning signs with Denver in the next coming days, while waiting out, Miami misses out on signing Flynn who goes to Seattle. Draft comes around and Cleveland takes Tannehill with their 4th pick leaving the Fins with diddly squat. While waiting out for Manning, Fins lose out on other potential top FAs like Eric Winston, Jared Gaither and Reggie Wayne.

2. fatkirstyalley

fatkirstyalley Donut Enthusiast

Tannehill wont go 4th. But I feel ya

3. max68

max68 Active Member

we can draft Weeden in the 2nd round

4. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

ya its kind of a stretch but seriously, with the Ryan Clark, Harbaugh, (fill in blanks here) incidents, nothing would surprise me.

5. soldier1385

soldier1385 Well-Known Member

I don't see how Miami would miss out on these other FAs. They have had their meeting w/ Manning and know what hes demanding which means they know what they have to work with for potential free agents and are able to pursue them. I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne signed quick w/ Miami and tried to lure Manning here. But I expect alot of 2/3rd tier players signed over the next few days.

6. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Not at all dismissing the possibility of that happening

....and that's precisely why I try not to walk too much out in the open for fear of being hit by falling space debris.

7. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

I think he could go late 1st or early 2nd (obviously before we pick)

8. Vaark

[​IMG]

Dominate likes this.
  9. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

That image is cute but flawed. Ryan Clark was regarded as a top tier FS in the league. Fins couldnt reel him in. Harbaugh is a grown man looking for his first Head Coaching job, I highly doubt a move was the mitigating factor, Crowder sucks most are okay with the move, Fisher, just like Clark is highly regarded in this league and once again, say what you want, but Fins couldnt reel him in.

10. BassFin

BassFin Starter

This is the only thing that worries me. Not gonna cry if we miss out on Manning if we get Flynn. Not gonna cry about Flynn if we get Tannehill. Miss out on Tannehill and it's not gonna be pretty.

11. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

The scenario you have presented could happen.

Seattle could try to leap frog us to #7. We might have to out bid Seattle, and move up to #7 ourselves.

St Louis could trade back to #7, which will move Jacksonville up to #4, and then St Louis can trade back again with Seattle to #12, putting Seattle ahead of us to take Tannehill. St Louis will reap more additional picks for rebuilding....wow...with extra 1st round draft picks in the bank.St Louis is really in the catbird seat.

A lot can happen, but I doubt that Tannehill will be picked at #4. He could get picked at 6,7, or 8. The first 10 picks will be very interesting.

12. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Please don't even suggest it!

13. Vaark

You'll believe what your agenda helps you to believe, but Ryan Clark was a run of the mill safety who got outed as such when Troy Palamolu went down. He deserved Antrell Rolle money as much as Matt Hasselbech deserves Peyton Manning money! With Harbaugh: "a happy wife equals a happy life." If actual winning coaches like Cowher and Gruden were available, Fisher would be low, if non existent on everyone's list. Anyone who thinks a guy who's produced 6 out of 17 winning seasons is more than mediocre has been drinking the media lemonade. People may say "well he needs control because of the way that mean Bud Adams foisted Vince Young on him" when in fact, if over 17 years he had at least 2 if not more opportunities to walk instead of renewing his contract under those awful conditions -that he didn't makes him the same dummazz as when hiring Schotty and not vetting Gregg Williams or wondering why he could wrest him so easily from the grip of NO. The irony is that if not for 2 of those seasons where VY started 15 games, Fisher would have had 2 less winning seasons. Pathetic! Chowder sucked period.. When Burnett got dug in, the obvious difference was like driving a Bimmer vs a Kia Rio. nuff said on that disruptive doosh.

But I agree with you that they couldn't reel Fisher in, but we ended up a helluva lot better with more potential upside with Philbin than Mr Mediocrity, so that was on Ross. But sometimes things happen for a reason and none of us should be too upset with the outcome.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  14. vt_dolfan

vt_dolfan E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!

And...when it does and we draft Brandon Weedon...and he becomes our franchise....

Everyone will say Ireland is a genius...

15. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Ryan Clark was never considered a top FS. He was considered a solid player that won't make mistakes. Nothing wrong with that. Fun fact about when the Steelers signed Clark, he was brought in to groom the Steelers 2nd round pick that year in Anthony Smith. The plan was for Clark to start a year and then give the spot up to Smith. That's what happened but the combo of poor play and stupid decisions put Clark back in the lineup.

Again, Clark is a good player to have. He won't make mistakes (aside from the occasional unnecessary roughness) and he doesn't get beat deep. But he was not worth Antrel Rolle money.

And yeah Harbaugh wasn't leaving Cali. Hell he verbally agreed to a contract with the Michigan Wolverines but had to back out because his wife didn't want to move.

16. vans12

vans12 Scout Team

Wrong. I live in the Bay Area and it is well known Harbaugh was not up rooting his family. He told his high school football coach this much and I happen to work at this high school.

17. cljh19

cljh19 Starter

Free Agency hasnt even started yet, so we dont know what are front office is trying. We may miss out all the way around. Never know. But I do know one thing. That's I dont want to have knee jerk reactions. Dont panic and overpay Flynn, cuz your afraid of missing out. Manning is option number 1, but if our coach is confident about Flynn then dont wait for PM. Offering Flynn a contract may put some pressure on Manning. Bottom line lets not panic. Definately dont want to see us take Tannehill top 10?!? No way, not just for the sake of doing it. Worst case is we are left with Matt Moore. If its ok to believe in Flynn I think its fine to believe in Moore.

18. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

Well I personally hope that we do "lose out" on Flynn and Tannehill. Primarily because they both blow. Quote me on that.

19. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

No way in hell Tannehill goes 4th...

There are 5 studs in this draft...the two QBs, Claiborne, Blackmon, and Kalil...

They browns will choose what's left of the 5...Those 5 are sure fire hits...

Tannehill needs years to prepare for be an NFL QB and he will just be another average QB...

20. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

if their was a thanks button, id thank you.

people on here were not even mentioning matt flynn last year when we were 0-7 and were facing the prospect of needing a qb.

i understand people wanted luck, barkley, and griffin ahead, but no one even mentioned flynn as a fallback option. Now all the sudden, 1 great statistical game, everyone drools over him.

21. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

Yep, people are dumb.

22. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

its called potential and growth. flynn may not be the flashiest guy on film but hes gone from a backup to jamarcus russel, to being out brian brohm as a 7th round pick, to starting in the nfl and almost beating a great Patriots team. Its not about the destination, its about the journey ;) Flynn has the "potential" to be an amazing system QB for Philbin and his offense

23. BassFin

BassFin Starter

This is the part people keep missing. They are so focused on a strong arm, they miss the fact that in a WCO, you don't need it.

24. ladeback

ladeback Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

I agree with you that people tended to drool after his start last season. That being said I think it would bring a level of comfort if we signed him knowing the connection there is between our new coach and him. If Philbin has worked with him for a few years and knows him THAT well, and still wants to put his coaching future in the guys hands at QB, then I guess I'll trust him.

25. mandal24

mandal24 Genesis

ya agreed. schaub, rivers. great Qbs that dont have strong arms. Schaub plays in a WCO