You need to prove you are Bill belichick before you can behave like him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You need to prove you are Bill belichick before you can behave like him

Dmarino110

Starter
Reaction score
belichick had proven he can win with anyone. Gase has not. Last year gase only beat 1 team that was .500 or above.
Now I will be the 1st to say this roster is awful because it is.

I'll even give you that jay had bad knees.

But this weeks of cam Cameron getting rid of Marshall because he didn't like his attitude. We don't have the players that you can drop whom ever you want

The sad thing is most of you who are defending him, defended cam the same way.

Gase has proven nothing in this league yet so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt yet. He especially doesn't get it with tannenbaums fast behind in the office waiting to trade draft picks for over paid free agents

It's sad but Most of you will be defending the next coach in a year or 2 saying he knows what he's doing also.

These coaches are human. None of you looked at this line in the off-season and said, that's a line you could don a lot with. But three coaches let it ride and everyone was right. Stop acting like these people are mystics. Stop defending them like they are the team. The only coach bb1 that we have ever had that deserved any loyalty was Shula.

Hey you have to start somewhere. Ill be behind him ready for a pat on his back or a kick on his ass. Doesn't work dor many but qorks dor a few, we'll see.

Some of us are ok with it. Is that ok that we disagree? If we believe in what he's doing we're going to defend him. If you disagree, fine. We're not acting like he's a mystic. Some of you can't stand for people to have other opinions than yourself, so you make these wild accusations like we think he's a God or something. Sounds like you should be taking your own advice.

Bottom line, I have a difficult time trusting anyone who went into this season with this group of offensive linemen.

If this coaching staff and front office can screw up that decision, then I have no reason to believe they made the correct call in trading Ajayi for a similar pick that they sent to New Orleans for Stephone Anthony.

I don't have misplaced faith in anyone. The offense is a collection of odds and ends with no real identity. Never been a big fan of Tannehill either, but have advocated ad nauseum to fix the freaking offensive line. I've had many of you get on my case about not wearing the rose colored glasses in May, and here we are. Much closer to what I thought of this team, than those who ran around talking about playoffs.

You could think about this in terms of the old adage of "what comes first, the chicken or the egg?"

Is it possible to develop a team culture that produces winning, without giving the head coach the power to shape his roster in this way?

Or does a team have to win before a head coach should be given that power?

I'm thinking the former is probably the better way to go.

Sadly, the Dolphins always half step it. They should have moved what ever was possible on the offensive side of the ball today. Burn it down.

I agree, Belichick has proven time and time again he can make gold from other teams garbage. How many players have played for the Dolphins in the past two years and really outdone their expectations?

I'll go with Ajayi last year, Stills as well.

Once we know we can find good replacements easily, then getting rid of your better players is a risk worth taking.

I agree, Belichick has proven time and time again he can make gold from other teams garbage. How many players have played for the Dolphins in the past two years and really outdone their expectations?

I'll go with Ajayi last year, Stills as well.

Once we know we can find good replacements easily, then getting rid of your better players is a risk worth taking.

I don't know if Stills really qualifies. Stills played well in New Orleans and there are conflicting reports on why they moved on from him, but we did trade a 3rd round pick for him and we DID expect him to be a very good deep threat.

Actually, you don't.

So far, Gase has been an asset for the Dolphins as evidenced by their playoff appearance last year, and their WL column. This is without a starting QB for a majority of that time.

Trust him or don't, but it's clear Gase is going to do things his way, with or without the fans blessing.

I never supported fail forward fast cam cam. I do trust Gase. Who says that?

I thought there was some arrogance shown about the quality of both the O-line and the FS position after the draft. However, I'm not going to fully blame Gase.

Coaches make mistakes all the time, including Belichick. He thrives at finding up and comers from other teams, but when has Belichick the scout/GM ever picked a good NFL receiver? Edelman? That's it.

Back
Top Bottom