Young, Bush Big Winners at Awards Show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Young, Bush Big Winners at Awards Show

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Texas quarterback Vince Young and Southern California tailback Reggie Bush each took home two awards Thursday night, one as best player in the nation and one for being the best at his position, as college football honored its stars.

oung won the Maxwell Award as the nation's top player and the Davey O'Brien Award given to the nation's top quarterback.

Bush came away with the Walter Camp player of the year award and the Doak Walker Award given to the nation's best running back.

"I'm just enjoying the moment right now," Young said. "All of these awards mean a great deal to me, because of all of the hard work that me and my teammates have put in this year. I guess we've got another one to go (the Heisman) on Saturday."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051209/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_t25_college_football_awards;_ylt=AiLK6e39daHEbemCC.DO8MKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3cm82NXAwBHNlYwM3NTU-

I cant believe Samardjiza didnt win the Biletnikoff award. I guess the extra couple yards that Hass had is more important than 9 tds

mike hass had 400 more yards than samardzija, and 30 yards a game more as well. hass gets double covered in the endzone, and he has almost no shot of getting TDs. quinn has several good targets to get to in the endzone, and thus samardzija had more opportunities (and a much better QB). pretty much the same thing can be said for jarrett

kastofsna120 said:
mike hass had 400 more yards than samardzija, and 30 yards a game more as well. hass gets double covered in the endzone, and he has almost no shot of getting TDs. quinn has several good targets to get to in the endzone, and thus samardzija had more opportunities (and a much better QB). pretty much the same thing can be said for jarrett

Hass has 18 more catches and 317 more yards vs 9 more TDs. The only argument for him getting it is he has a far worse team and qb throwing him the ball. But Samardzija had the better season. If Jarrett had won I would have kicked the dog, I can understand Hass to an extent because he did so much w/ so little help.

DonShula84 said:
Hass has 18 more catches and 317 more yards vs 9 more TDs. The only argument for him getting it is he has a far worse team and qb throwing him the ball. But Samardzija had the better season. If Jarrett had won I would have kicked the dog, I can understand Hass to an extent because he did so much w/ so little help.
hass was the only weapon on that team, plain and simple. he was continuously double-covered and still got 10 catches a game, and getting YAC, too. he's my sleeper for the draft and i hope we get him somehow. howard stern is no hass

kastofsna120 said:
hass was the only weapon on that team, plain and simple. he was continuously double-covered and still got 10 catches a game, and getting YAC, too. he's my sleeper for the draft and i hope we get him somehow. howard stern is no hass

yep, I wouldnt mind seeing Hass on the phins either

kastofsna120 said:

hass with chambers and booker would be very nice :yes:

but i wouldnt take him on day 1 too many needs other then wr

DT
CB
S
QB
OL

Buddwalk said:
hass with chambers and booker would be very nice :yes:

but i wouldnt take him on day 1 too many needs other then wr

DT
CB