Your All-Pathetic All-Time Heat Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your All-Pathetic All-Time Heat Team

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Alright Heat fans, dust off those noggins and tell me who your worst all-time starting five would be for the Miami Heat. I'll go first.

C - Duane Causwell - A 7-foot, 255-pound guy that was so bad, he didn't even play all that much in Miami, or elsewhere for that matter after his first couple years. Honorable Mention - Matt Geiger, a more-productive stiff that found his way after leaving the Heat. More potential that went down the crapper.

PF - Alec Kessler - you know he sucks when you are seven years old and at your first Heat game in 1991, HEAT fans are heckling Kessler. They were doing so behind my dad and me. The "Kessler you suck!" chants reverberate through a mostly empty Miami Arena all the way to the ears of Kessler, who turns around to look.This former first round draft pick played in the NBA for four years, with a career avg of 5.2 ppg. In his third year, he only appeared in half the games of the season, and his final season he logged 15 games.

SF - Jamal Mashburn - Yes, I know...somehow a talented player made it onto the list. Jamal is one of the most disappointing players to ever wear a HEAT jersey. I also like to call him "Grant Hill Lite", since he always seems to be hurt. He was notorious for disappearing in big games, and would always pass up the big shot.

G - Willie Burton - Here's a guy that notched double figures in his first two years on the Heat, then disappears for a year or two while physically still on the roster. He re-appears when traded to Philly and decides to go off...scoring 54 just days after the transaction against Miami. Thanks Willie.

G - Harold Miner - If he never won the slam dunk contest, he would never be talked about...period. Talk about wasted athletic ability. This guy couldn't hit a jumper if the basket was the size of a hula-hoop.

FYI - On your lists, make sure to not put Rony Seikaly on there. Sure he looked like a stiff when he played, but he was very productive in his heat career. From 89-94, he averaged 15.4 ppg. With a Heat team that was pretty awful during that era, I'll take it.

Your Jamal mashburn pick is misguided...

He was a total stud...but just a coward. It isn't his fault that he was a coward...he was born that way.

SF is a tough spot to fill...

Willie Burton must fill that spot.

My team would look like this:

PG: Khalid Reeves
SG: Harold Miner
SF: Willie Burton
PF: Alec Kessler
C: Duane Causewell

This years team they had all that talent and were only able to finish 52-30.

Perfect23 said:
This years team they had all that talent and were only able to finish 52-30.

You don't think that having the starters miss a combined 89 games had anything to do with that?

you know who was 21-5? The Miami Heat with their starting lineup intact.

This team actually was pretty scrappy to get 52 wins with all the injuries they had.

Section126 said:
Your Jamal mashburn pick is misguided...

He was a total stud...but just a coward. It isn't his fault that he was a coward...he was born that way.

SF is a tough spot to fill...

Willie Burton must fill that spot.

My team would look like this:

PG: Khalid Reeves
SG: Harold Miner
SF: Willie Burton
PF: Alec Kessler
C: Duane Causewell

Jamal still fits my definition of pathetic. So he belongs :cooldude:

TerryTate said:
Jamal still fits my definition of pathetic. So he belongs :cooldude:

Poor guy...

it isn't his fault that the NBA shrinks the hoop in the last two minutes of games....

:lol:

Where is Michael Doleac with his career 2.4 points per game average? :eek:

Roman529 said:
Where is Michael Doleac with his career 2.4 points per game average? :eek:

Doleac is adequate for his role. HE isnt a starter...if he was and that was the result, we'd have problems.

Back
Top Bottom