Your All Time MLB Roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your All Time MLB Roster

Roman529 said:

Sorry but A-Rod has been a Shortstop most of his career and he is no where near the fielder that Schmidt was at 3rd base.

Yeah no kidding. I just meant numbers wise.

Ray Finkle said:
Yeah no kidding. I just meant numbers wise.

A-Rod has a shot to be the all-time home run leader if he plays another 8-9 years and continues what he has been doing. I got to see him play for the Texas Rangers in his first game back at Safeco Field in Seattle after the Mariners traded him to Texas. I think he is a lock for the Hall of Fame, and yes his numbers speak for themselves.

Roman529 said:
A-Rod has a shot to be the all-time home run leader if he plays another 8-9 years and continues what he has been doing. I got to see him play for the Texas Rangers in his first game back at Safeco Field in Seattle after the Mariners traded him to Texas. I think he is a lock for the Hall of Fame, and yes his numbers speak for themselves.

I hate the guy but I can't deny the guy is very good to great. Although you can argue that if Schmidt played at the same time ARod did his numbers might be better too. Geez Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth might have hit over 1000 home runs in his era.

Jt0323 said:
Read this

I read it. And when your list has the likes of Cal Ripken and Griffey Jr but not Joe D, Mays, or Mantle..the list is a joke.

It's not THAT hard to put together a list that won't be laughed at

unifiedtheory said:
Ever heard of Willie Mays? You can say "Any list without Joe D isn't a list its just a bunch of names." until you are blue in the face...but if we are picking one centerfielder it is Willie Mays and then a bunch of guys.

Whatever.....take either of them over Griffey JR!!

Ray Finkle said:
Other pitchers who could get some consideration would have to be Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez (1998 to 2000 might have been the best back to back pitching seasons in the history of baseball he was downright nasty), and Greg Maddux. Of course I'm very old school so what about Walter Johnson or S. Paige?
Greg Madux? He might be the WORST postseason pitcher of all time!

MikeO said:
I read it. And when your list has the likes of Cal Ripken and Griffey Jr but not Joe D, Mays, or Mantle..the list is a joke.

It's not THAT hard to put together a list that won't be laughed at
then u make a list, and besides idc what u think of it, thats who i would pick to be on my team, u can pick who you want but Griffey when he was on the mariners imo was one of the best

MikeO said:
Greg Madux? He might be the WORST postseason pitcher of all time!

Hey I hate the guy but he's won numerous Cy Young awards and won 15 games how many years in a row? I don't think this list has anything to do with the post season. If it did then I'm sure you'd see Curt Schilling, David Wells, David Ortiz, Bernie Williams and Derek Jeter's name mentioned.

As for worst postseason pitcher of all time I could name a few who are worse like Javy Vazquez and Tom Gordon ;)

Ray Finkle said:
Hey I hate the guy but he's won numerous Cy Young awards and won 15 games how many years in a row? I don't think this list has anything to do with the post season. If it did then I'm sure you'd see Curt Schilling, David Wells, David Ortiz, Bernie Williams and Derek Jeter's name mentioned.

Of course postseason numbers count for something. And Curt Schilling isn't even a hall of fame pitcher let alone someone who should be on a list like this. The man doesn't even have 200 career wins! Dont even bring his name up in a thread like this.

Jt0323 said:
then u make a list, and besides idc what u think of it, thats who i would pick to be on my team, u can pick who you want but Griffey when he was on the mariners imo was one of the best

A few good years in Seattle and you want him over Joe D, Mays, and Mantle?? Oh brother! :shakeno:

Any list that ignores Ty Cobb Babe Ruth and Willie Mays is beyond consideration. Sorry :lol:

MoFinz said:
Any list that ignores Ty Cobb Babe Ruth and Willie Mays is beyond consideration. Sorry :lol:

I was going to mention Cobb in my other post but I am still in shock of Ripken and Griffey and forget to type it.

MikeO said:
A few good years in Seattle and you want him over Joe D, Mays, and Mantle?? Oh brother! :shakeno:

:shakeno: its just my opinion, but imo when he was in Seattle he was one of the best players, he had the speed over joe d

Uni, thank you for mentioning Rogers Hornsby. For me, any list without him as the second baseman loses all validity. The guy was the best second baseman ever, hands-down. I'm going to make my own list some time soon, but not right now.

Back
Top Bottom