Your First 4 Rounds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your First 4 Rounds

Philbin's Polo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who would you guys take in your first 4 rounds if you had control of the Fins' War Room?

Trade back in attempt to swap 1st and get additional 2nd. Explore moving Grimes for a 3rd/4th

1) Jack Conklin OT (Michigan State)
2) Kendall Fuller CB (Virginia Tech)
2) Vadal Alexander OG (LSU)
3) Tyler Mattekevach ILB (spelled wrong I'm sure) (Temple)
3) Carson Wentz QB (North Dakota State)
4) Will Likely CB (Maryland)

ETA: Early Vegas odds of a scenario like this materializing are in at 1.5 million-1.

1st-CB, DE, LB- If we win 2 of the games we are going to be out of the range to get Hargreaves or Ramsey at CB and also out of range of Bosa or Ndiemche. So that would leave Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack.
2nd-CB, DE, Lb
3rd-CB, DE, LB - BPA
4th-CB, DE, LB - BPA

We need all 3 of these positions badly and maybe two of each. I'm thinking LG is a FA like Osemele or Mosley and maybe even a TE as both Allen and Fleener are both FAs. The entire draft would be defense. I hope we try to sign Vernon but not for some crazy amount of money. This would solve one side of the DE line. Shelby back would be good to return for a reasonable price as well. Wake will be interesting to watch. LBs we need 2 minimum. Guys like Trevathan would look awesome in Miami. Look and see what Eric Berry is going to sign for as he would be amazing with Jones.

Wouldn't mind picking up either of those guards in FA, I like Alexander a lot, but they're proven commodities. I still think that we need to pick up a T either through the draft or FA, though, but I generally that our off-season focus should be defense.

Build up the O-line and build the D.

1st-CB, DE, LB- If we win 2 of the games we are going to be out of the range to get Hargreaves or Ramsey at CB and also out of range of Bosa or Ndiemche. So that would leave Jaylon Smith or Myles Jack.
2nd-CB, DE, Lb
3rd-CB, DE, LB - BPA
4th-CB, DE, LB - BPA

We need all 3 of these positions badly and maybe two of each. I'm thinking LG is a FA like Osemele or Mosley and maybe even a TE as both Allen and Fleener are both FAs. The entire draft would be defense. I hope we try to sign Vernon but not for some crazy amount of money. This would solve one side of the DE line. Shelby back would be good to return for a reasonable price as well. Wake will be interesting to watch. LBs we need 2 minimum. Guys like Trevathan would look awesome in Miami. Look and see what Eric Berry is going to sign for as he would be amazing with Jones.

I heard on the radio this morning Nkemdiche had an interesting weekend in Atlanta.
Don't know many details but, he broke out of a window and jumped down off a 15 foot wall (allegedly). his brother has off field issues too, I hear they are both very "strange"

With no trades, like this...

1) Jaylon Smith LB, ND - Dynamite Player at a position of need.
2) Jonathan Bullard DE, UF - Wake is unlikely to be the same after this injury. This player next to Suh looks nice.
3) Landon Turner OG, UNC - Has been a stalwart on a good OL for years.
4) Cordrea Tankersley CB, Clemson - Tall, athletic CB with speed.
5) Doug Middleton FS, App State - Great size, speed and production, the leader for the App State D.

One thing I see- not all needs can be addressed with one draft. OT and another CB are needs even after this mock, but this mock addresses several need areas with excellent college players.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Tankersley. There's some value to be had at CB in the mid-rounds. William Likely may blow up at the combine and move up boards, though.

I think LB and DE are absolutely needed. Two great corners would be great. OG is an absolute MUST. I don't think this draft can address every need.

I agree. It would certainly take everything falling the exact perfect way to happen, not likely. We'll need to address some areas of need via FA.

Hargreaves, Bullard, Morrison. 1,2,3 boom three gators!!! Or alternate draft Jalen Ramsey, Kendall Fuller(pipe dream) or Deon Bush, Vadal Alexander

1. Jalen Ramsey S Floridat St. (Super talented safety that can play corner blue chip player you can't pass on.)
2. Tyler Boyd
Wr Pitt. (Not a need and I know he had a DUI, but this kid is a better talent than Devante Parker will get more YAC than Landry. We have to start taking the best players instead of need plus we have to many needs to address and not near enough picks.
3. Kentrell Brothers LB Mizzo. I'd love to have Smith or Jack and I know our linebackers and Guards are possibly the worst unit in the leauge but you gotta go BPA.
Spencer Drango OT Baylor Insurance policy for Fat Albert.

Trade back and grab a 2nd and with first round get ragland. Good teams usually have a good MLB. CB and o-line needed in 2nd

If I'm taking a skill player in round two it's Derrick Henry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this assuming that the FO ****s up massively and doesn't give Miller his money?

Yes and I would be shocked if Miller is resigned. I would applaud letting Miller walk. Use that money on the best guard in free agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom