Your most Overrated/Underrated Fin thus far....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Predaphin, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

Who is your most Overrated/Underrated Dolphin thus far?

Overrated: WR D.Thompson - When he was signed, there was so much talk about him and I had never even heard about him....now I know why.

Underrated: P M. Turk - This guy was a Free Agent in week 2!? hes better than more than 1/2 the Punters in this league!

2. Sal Lisitano

Sal Lisitano Perennial All-Pro

Wow...exactly my two picks also...when I saw the thread...I knew right away I would put DT and MT...well DT is a no brainer but Turk...I'm not sure how many other FinFans would pick him as underrated but I truely believe he has been underrated.

He helped us win one game for sure this year...last week. Field position was the key against Baltimore and Turk came up big for us.

Nice choice on Turk...I agree.

GO FINS!!!

3. fearthefish

fearthefish Banned Hammered

Overated - D. Thompson

Underated - R. Konrad ( we need to get him the ball more!)

4. Bumrush

Bumrush FinHeaven VIP

Overated: Konrad - (every year we say the same thing)

Underated: Ogunlye

5. M-REAL

M-REAL "Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"

Overrated= Brian Griese Underrated= Chambers Chambers leads the team in receiving yards but doesn't get the credit, I feel he deserves.

6. minus

minus Perennial All-Pro Hammered

Overrated:Thompson-Every one attending camp was going crazy over this guy and hyping him up including myself.Now the Dolphins go crawling back to Gadsen.

Underatted:Fiedler-We can debate all we want about his deep ball but this guy is a winner period.

7. fearthefish

fearthefish Banned Hammered

how can you say Konrad is overated? He's not rated at all because we never get him the ball and when we do it's usually a decent gain. He had 2 plays against Baltimore for positive yards and then we never saw him again.

8. Emskirch

Emskirch Lurking ready to Strike

Overrated: Jason Taylor
    Underrated: O Gun

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2003
  9. Muck

Muck Now completely imaginary Hammered

Overrated - Olindo Mare (he ain't automatic or clutch nowdays)

Underrated - Wally Ogunleye (it ain't all because of Jason Taylor)

10. minus

minus Perennial All-Pro Hammered

So true....Ogun most underrated player on D.

11. Oboy

Oboy Premium Member

I'm with Muck.

I knew those were my two choices before I read the thread and then just as I got to the bottom... Muck already posted them!

12. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

Overrated is clearly Thompson....by a country mile. Underrated - Larry Chester would get my call.

13. Muck

Larry Chester is a damn good choice. He wreaks havoc. But on the OL and DL, it goes largely unnoticed.

14. dolfan06

dolfan06 FinHeaven Elite

the most overrated player by far is fletcher. the fins gave him all that money before he even played a down and turned into another jerry wilson!

there are several that are underrated, i guess it all depends on who your favorite is!;)

15. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG ~LACUNA LEGIONS~

Overrated - DE Jason Taylor / WR D. Thompson / SS S. Knight /
    ======== M. Greenwood

DE J. Taylor has half as many sacks as Ogun right now, and he's still not getting pressure on the QB. Don't shoot me for saying that, but it's the truth. With the money this guy is getting paid, it should be considered highly in-exusable for him to ever finish a season with anything under 10 sacks. Right now, with the way he's been dominated by opposing OT's, he'll be lucky to get 10....

WR D. Thompson has been the biggest disappointment. To be overrated I feel you must first prove to be a rated player. He hasn't even done that. What a bust!!!...

SS S Knight has not been the instinctive, hard hitting machine he was while in New Orleans. I was expecting him to be taking people's heads off, and bring us back to the days of L. Oliver. He has been a disappointment thus far IMO....

OLB M. Greenwood isn't even LB material IMO. Why this guy is even on the field is beyond me. He can't tackle, and he's as dumb as a rock. We could have replaced him easily this off-season as there was tons of veteran LB talent on the market. He's better off sticking to his music....

Underrated - A. Ogunleye / J. Seau / ????????................
    ========

I think these are the only two players that were underrated coming into the season....

DE A. Ogunleye has now proven himself as our #1 sack machine, and as much as many would disagree, he is our best DE with 10 sacks. Yes, he's better than DE J. "pretty boy" Taylor....

OLB J. Seau has been a huge uplift in firing up this defense. He makes the tackles, he causes havoc in the backfield when he's blitzing, and he's earned ever penny we paid to get him IMO. He's brought more attitude to this defense in 1/2 a season than all of the Pro Bolwers had in the previous five seasons combined. The guy was a huge steal....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

16. Coolguy3

Coolguy3 Starter Finheaven VIP

Overrated: Jamer Fletcher, people say he sucks but that's an understatement

Underrated: Morlon Greenwood, he is having a very solid year.

17. Muck

You don't get to pick three or more of each, blitz. Now get back in line and mush...loser. ;)

18. Emskirch

I disagree with Seau... he hasn't been the player I "thought" he could be here. Jr misses tackles often. Its true that his blitzes are his strength, but, thats about it.

Just my two cents

19. Amin

Amin Your Future

As I scrolled down this thread, I didnt think anyone would mention Larry Chester. He is extremely valuable to this run defense, as well as being one of the few defensive players with consistently positive comments in the locker room.

Another underrated Defensive candidate would be Morlon Greenwood, I dont think he gets the credit he deserves. His play is extremely improved and it seems like he has an extra bounce to his step...

20. dolfan06

dolfan06 FinHeaven Elite

overrated is still jamar fletcher!

21. BLITZKRIEG

Alright, I'll stick with these two...

Overrated - DE J. Taylor
    Underrated - DE A. Ogunleye

How's that Muck???

PHINZ RULE!!!

22. Bowl_Bound

Bowl_Bound A True Fan

I know I am going to take flack for this but my vote for overrated would go to Fiedler. The he just wins line is bunk. He plays for a great team. He should win MORE. By the same logic Wanny would be a good coach b/c he just wins. Now I like jay. He is a tough kid and I would want him as my backup any day. However he is not a starter and touting him as such overrates him dramtically. second place goes to Fletcher. Only second b/c of the importance of the QB position, and Jay is a starter.

Underrated I say Marion. For years he consistanly get tackes and picks. I am trying to base these opinion on the last few years and not just one year. Anyone can have a bad or good year. Second place would be Chester or Surtain. Both take back seat to their counterparts and may be playing better ball. Certainly pat is.

23. Muck

Fletcher overrated?? Who still thinks that Jamar Fletcher is a good player?? :confused:

24. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

Blitzkreig - that is a TERRIBLE post. Taylor is playing really well. He might not be getting the sacks, but he's being doubled and chipped on almost every play. His sack total is down, but to say that he's not getting any pressure is ridiculous. You need to go back and check the games my friend.

Sammy Knight has played well within the system - he's a good part of the reason why our run defense is so strong. Plus, he hasn't been taken to the cleaners deep by speed which was the worry. Only when Troy Brown got in behind him and Brock after Brady was flushed in OT was he beaten deep. He's provided key turnovers in the pass game for us. Solid year.

But the worst statement of the week on this board is the Morlon Greenwood one. Are you sure you are actually watching the games? Guy is playing very well, making tackles, not losing track of his assignments and considering he's playing about 1/3 of defensive snaps, he's been really solid. He is taking care of his responsibilities - he does a great job at containing the backside - when do you ever see teams cut back on us - never. He fills the gaps quickly and his pass cover skills have been solid. You should watch the games more then you wouldn't make stupid comments like that.

25. Emskirch

Fletcher is just a "late bloomer" :D

26. Coolguy3

Coolguy3 Starter Finheaven VIP

Muck, re-read my post. :)

I don't think you are catching on. :)

27. BLITZKRIEG

Moron Deadwood????....

I hope you guys are joking about him being underrated. I mean, come on, how many more years will it take him to grasp, and hold onto the OLB position. Two rookies {E. Moore / C. Jenkins} came in this off-season and almost unseated him.....

IMHO, M. Deadwood is one of the worst OLB's I've ever seen. I think I've heard his name mentioned maybe five times all season long. I can't speak for the rest of you, but this guy hasn't done anything since he's been here. He looks like nothing more than a clone of OLB D. Rodgers....

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

28. dolfan06

dolfan06 FinHeaven Elite

he's still on the team, for what reason, i have no idea!:rolleyes:

29. Muck

:rofl:

30. dolfan06

dolfan06 FinHeaven Elite

yeah, blooming idiot!............................ wait he's not an idiot, he accepted the money. the one who gave it to him is the idiot!;)

31. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

Well Greenwood has made 55 tackles, so clearly you HAVEN'T been paying attention at all.

32. fin-atic

fin-atic Are you a VIP? Finheaven VIP Donator

Okay here we go:

Overrated: Norv Turner, Where is all that creativity and genuis?

Underrated: Rand McMichael. I hate to think what our pathetic passing numbers would be without him. He is probably on eof the top 3 TE in the league, but since we have suck line and QBs he doesn;t get the big numbers. His skills are off the chart.

33. Vegas_Phin

Vegas_Phin Alright Miami!!!

Most overrated would have to be DT.

My pick for most underrated would be Timbo. I know he gets some recognition, but not as much as he deserves. Without him clogging up the middle, the D would drop a notch.

34. juniorseau55

juniorseau55 The Finheaven Intimidator

Thompson can't be underated, he isn't a good player at most.

If anyone is underated in this team is adawale agunleye. If anyone is overated it would be.........

Jason Taylor due to O-GUN's good year.

35. BLITZKRIEG

==================================
    BLITZ:

Hey Boom, chew on these numbers and get back to me....

From Espn.com
    ===========
    Total Tackles / Solo / Asist
    -----------------------------------
    HOU - 5 - 3 - 2
    @NYJ - 1 - 1 - 0
    BUF - 2 - 0 - 2
    @NYG - 1 - 0 - 1
    @JAX - 10 - 6 - 4
    NE - 3 - 1 - 2
    @SD - 7 - 7 - 0
    IND - 1 - 1 - 0
    @TEN - 4 - 2 - 0
    BAL - 10 - 6 - 4
    ============
    Total - 44 / Solo - 27 / Asist - 15

Still impressed???.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

36. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

yeah for a guy who plays 1/3 of defensive snaps I am. If we equate that to all defensive snaps, we'd say he'd be on a 132 tackle season to this point. Very happy, job done.

37. CarolinaFishFan

CarolinaFishFan Well-Known Member

i was wondering when Sammy Knight's name was going to come up, as i scrolled thru everyone's choices... i expected a little more "flash" from him than we've gotten. as for under rated, Ogunleye stands out, and Konrad has done a good job when theyve used him.

38. BLITZKRIEG

================================
    BLITZ:

So, if he's only playing 1/3 of the defensive snaps, who's playing the other 2/3's at OLB????.....

Maybe it only seems like he's playing 1/3rd of the snaps because he sucks so much. Let's face it, opposing teams are too afraid to run at either Seau or Thomas, so it's logical to think Deadwood would have a high number of tackles.....

Deadwood sucks. Just my opinion.....and I'm sticking to it.

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

39. Disnardo

Disnardo Premium Member

Boomer sorry to burst your bubble, but Blitzkrieg is half right....

IMO JT is still a great DE, but is not getting it done this year, as some others have posted before..

He has face very few double teams these last few games...

If you watch just about every down that JT played against Balt. you will see that he mostly faced a 1 on 1 with the OT and he was being dominated...

The only times he put pressure on the backfield (balt game) was when he came in form a LB spot.

It seems like the QBs he is facing are not taking deep drops (adj. from last years success around the outside) so his runs around the OT is taking him futher down field. When he tried to bull rush he just gets stopped (weight issue).

Has anyone else noticed this?

So the D coaches has ajusted for that and has position him as a LB and comes up the middle late after the OL have aquired their blocks.

So now for the post!

I believe my picks are the same as Muck

Most Underated = L. Chester (I think opponents prepare for Wale in their schemes)

Most Overated = O Mare (not MR. Automatic anymore)

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

40. Boomer

Boomer FinHeaven Elite

Blitz - he's coming out because we are bringing in an extra DB - TBuck. You are unreal mate.