Your most Overrated/Underrated Fin thus far.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your most Overrated/Underrated Fin thus far....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Who is your most Overrated/Underrated Dolphin thus far?

Overrated: WR D.Thompson - When he was signed, there was so much talk about him and I had never even heard about him....now I know why.

Underrated: P M. Turk - This guy was a Free Agent in week 2!? hes better than more than 1/2 the Punters in this league!

Wow...exactly my two picks also...when I saw the thread...I knew right away I would put DT and MT...well DT is a no brainer but Turk...I'm not sure how many other FinFans would pick him as underrated but I truely believe he has been underrated.

He helped us win one game for sure this year...last week. Field position was the key against Baltimore and Turk came up big for us.

Nice choice on Turk...I agree.

GO FINS!!!

Overated - D. Thompson

Underated - R. Konrad ( we need to get him the ball more!)

Overated: Konrad - (every year we say the same thing)

Underated: Ogunlye

Overrated= Brian Griese Underrated= Chambers Chambers leads the team in receiving yards but doesn't get the credit, I feel he deserves.

Overrated:Thompson-Every one attending camp was going crazy over this guy and hyping him up including myself.Now the Dolphins go crawling back to Gadsen.

Underatted:Fiedler-We can debate all we want about his deep ball but this guy is a winner period.

Originally posted by Bumrush
Overated: Konrad - (every year we say the same thing)

Underated: Ogunlye

how can you say Konrad is overated? He's not rated at all because we never get him the ball and when we do it's usually a decent gain. He had 2 plays against Baltimore for positive yards and then we never saw him again.

Overrated - Olindo Mare (he ain't automatic or clutch nowdays)

Underrated - Wally Ogunleye (it ain't all because of Jason Taylor)

Originally posted by Muck
Underrated - Wally Ogunleye (it ain't all because of Jason Taylor) [/B]

So true....Ogun most underrated player on D.

I'm with Muck.

I knew those were my two choices before I read the thread and then just as I got to the bottom... Muck already posted them!

Overrated is clearly Thompson....by a country mile. Underrated - Larry Chester would get my call.

Larry Chester is a damn good choice. He wreaks havoc. But on the OL and DL, it goes largely unnoticed.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Who is your most Overrated/Underrated Dolphin thus far?

the most overrated player by far is fletcher. the fins gave him all that money before he even played a down and turned into another jerry wilson!

there are several that are underrated, i guess it all depends on who your favorite is!;)

Overrated - DE Jason Taylor / WR D. Thompson / SS S. Knight /
======== M. Greenwood

DE J. Taylor has half as many sacks as Ogun right now, and he's still not getting pressure on the QB. Don't shoot me for saying that, but it's the truth. With the money this guy is getting paid, it should be considered highly in-exusable for him to ever finish a season with anything under 10 sacks. Right now, with the way he's been dominated by opposing OT's, he'll be lucky to get 10....

WR D. Thompson has been the biggest disappointment. To be overrated I feel you must first prove to be a rated player. He hasn't even done that. What a bust!!!...

SS S Knight has not been the instinctive, hard hitting machine he was while in New Orleans. I was expecting him to be taking people's heads off, and bring us back to the days of L. Oliver. He has been a disappointment thus far IMO....

OLB M. Greenwood isn't even LB material IMO. Why this guy is even on the field is beyond me. He can't tackle, and he's as dumb as a rock. We could have replaced him easily this off-season as there was tons of veteran LB talent on the market. He's better off sticking to his music....

Underrated - A. Ogunleye / J. Seau / ????????................
========

I think these are the only two players that were underrated coming into the season....

DE A. Ogunleye has now proven himself as our #1 sack machine, and as much as many would disagree, he is our best DE with 10 sacks. Yes, he's better than DE J. "pretty boy" Taylor....

OLB J. Seau has been a huge uplift in firing up this defense. He makes the tackles, he causes havoc in the backfield when he's blitzing, and he's earned ever penny we paid to get him IMO. He's brought more attitude to this defense in 1/2 a season than all of the Pro Bolwers had in the previous five seasons combined. The guy was a huge steal....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Back
Top Bottom