Your most Overrated/Underrated Fin thus far.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your most Overrated/Underrated Fin thus far....

Overrated: Jamer Fletcher, people say he sucks but that's an understatement

Underrated: Morlon Greenwood, he is having a very solid year.

You don't get to pick three or more of each, blitz. Now get back in line and mush...loser. ;)

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
OLB J. Seau has been a huge uplift in firing up this defense. He makes the tackles, he causes havoc in the backfield when he's blitzing, and he's earned ever penny we paid to get him IMO. He's brought more attitude to this defense in 1/2 a season than all of the Pro Bolwers had in the previous five seasons combined. The guy was a huge steal....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

I disagree with Seau... he hasn't been the player I "thought" he could be here. Jr misses tackles often. Its true that his blitzes are his strength, but, thats about it.

Just my two cents

Originally posted by Boomer
Overrated is clearly Thompson....by a country mile. Underrated - Larry Chester would get my call.

As I scrolled down this thread, I didnt think anyone would mention Larry Chester. He is extremely valuable to this run defense, as well as being one of the few defensive players with consistently positive comments in the locker room.

Another underrated Defensive candidate would be Morlon Greenwood, I dont think he gets the credit he deserves. His play is extremely improved and it seems like he has an extra bounce to his step...

Alright, I'll stick with these two...

Overrated - DE J. Taylor
Underrated - DE A. Ogunleye

How's that Muck???

PHINZ RULE!!!

I know I am going to take flack for this but my vote for overrated would go to Fiedler. The he just wins line is bunk. He plays for a great team. He should win MORE. By the same logic Wanny would be a good coach b/c he just wins. Now I like jay. He is a tough kid and I would want him as my backup any day. However he is not a starter and touting him as such overrates him dramtically. second place goes to Fletcher. Only second b/c of the importance of the QB position, and Jay is a starter.

Underrated I say Marion. For years he consistanly get tackes and picks. I am trying to base these opinion on the last few years and not just one year. Anyone can have a bad or good year. Second place would be Chester or Surtain. Both take back seat to their counterparts and may be playing better ball. Certainly pat is.

Fletcher overrated?? Who still thinks that Jamar Fletcher is a good player?? :confused:

Blitzkreig - that is a TERRIBLE post. Taylor is playing really well. He might not be getting the sacks, but he's being doubled and chipped on almost every play. His sack total is down, but to say that he's not getting any pressure is ridiculous. You need to go back and check the games my friend.

Sammy Knight has played well within the system - he's a good part of the reason why our run defense is so strong. Plus, he hasn't been taken to the cleaners deep by speed which was the worry. Only when Troy Brown got in behind him and Brock after Brady was flushed in OT was he beaten deep. He's provided key turnovers in the pass game for us. Solid year.

But the worst statement of the week on this board is the Morlon Greenwood one. Are you sure you are actually watching the games? Guy is playing very well, making tackles, not losing track of his assignments and considering he's playing about 1/3 of defensive snaps, he's been really solid. He is taking care of his responsibilities - he does a great job at containing the backside - when do you ever see teams cut back on us - never. He fills the gaps quickly and his pass cover skills have been solid. You should watch the games more then you wouldn't make stupid comments like that.

Muck, re-read my post. :)

I don't think you are catching on. :)

Moron Deadwood????....

I hope you guys are joking about him being underrated. I mean, come on, how many more years will it take him to grasp, and hold onto the OLB position. Two rookies {E. Moore / C. Jenkins} came in this off-season and almost unseated him.....

IMHO, M. Deadwood is one of the worst OLB's I've ever seen. I think I've heard his name mentioned maybe five times all season long. I can't speak for the rest of you, but this guy hasn't done anything since he's been here. He looks like nothing more than a clone of OLB D. Rodgers....

PHINZ RULE!!!:evil:

Originally posted by Emskirch

Fletcher is just a "late bloomer" :D
yeah, blooming idiot!............................ wait he's not an idiot, he accepted the money. the one who gave it to him is the idiot!;)

Back
Top Bottom