Your NEW NYJets Nightmare | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your NEW NYJets Nightmare

NYJets ATTACK

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
MarkSanchez1a-1.jpg

Wasn't Grandpa Favre supposed to be our nightmare last year?

Cant complain about the trade or pick. I wanted Crabtree but I dont dislike this pick. We didnt give up a ton and we got a guy who potentially could be the face of our franchise for a long time. Hopefully he will be.

All I know is hes a better long term option than Chad Henne. I LOVED the pick, I think hes going to be really good.

Apples and oranges my man. Fact is, drafting QB's in the first round is very dangerous business. You can try and cover that up with the belief that this guy is a savior but the fact still remains. Of the last 18 QB's drafted in the first round, 11 of those are 100% busts; 2 are questionable; and 5 are home runs.

I'm not saying Sanchez will be a bust, but you're rolling the dice BIG TIME here. You take Sanchez at 5 overall and we take Henne at fifty-whatever. If Henne doesn't pan out then he doesn't pan out. Big deal. We cut him and move on. Now, if Sanchez busts, you can't cut him. You gave up a lot for him and look at the money you're about to pay this dude in this economy. You're not going to cut a guy that you're giving a guaranteed $25 million or whatever to. That's a very expensive mistake. Same thing goes for the Lions and Stafford. Mark Sanchez not panning out will set the Jets back a couple of years. Look at the Lions and Joey Harrington. Look at the 49ers and Alex Smith.

Again, I'm not saying Mark Sanchez will be a bust, all I'm saying is that this is a very very risky move by the Jets. I like Sanchez. I think he's a great player and he seems to carry himself well. I'm still not sold on his experience, though. When you look at his college career you can't help but wonder why he couldn't beat out John David Booty. He won every game at home he was supposed to but he struggled on the road even in small venues. I think Sanchez will be a good player but I don't see him reaching elite NFL status.

Me have a nightmare? Not at all. You guys traded a 2nd rounder, your starting DE, a good QB prospect in Ratliff, and a backup safety, to draft a bust in Sanchez? Good job!

Apples and oranges my man. Fact is, drafting QB's in the first round is very dangerous business. You can try and cover that up with the belief that this guy is a savior but the fact still remains. Of the last 18 QB's drafted in the first round, 11 of those are 100% busts; 2 are questionable; and 5 are home runs.

I'm not saying Sanchez will be a bust, but you're rolling the dice BIG TIME here. You take Sanchez at 5 overall and we take Henne at fifty-whatever. If Henne doesn't pan out then he doesn't pan out. Big deal. We cut him and move on. Now, if Sanchez busts, you can't cut him. You gave up a lot for him and look at the money you're about to pay this dude in this economy. You're not going to cut a guy that you're giving a guaranteed $25 million or whatever to. That's a very expensive mistake. Same thing goes for the Lions and Stafford. Mark Sanchez not panning out will set the Jets back a couple of years. Look at the Lions and Joey Harrington. Look at the 49ers and Alex Smith.

Again, I'm not saying Mark Sanchez will be a bust, all I'm saying is that this is a very very risky move by the Jets. I like Sanchez. I think he's a great player and he seems to carry himself well. I'm still not sold on his experience, though. When you look at his college career you can't help but wonder why he couldn't beat out John David Booty. He won every game at home he was supposed to but he struggled on the road even in small venues. I think Sanchez will be a good player but I don't see him reaching elite NFL status.

I agree that it was a risky move but the Jets have played it safe for decades and it has gotten them nowhere. I'm OK with the move they made, if it doesn't work out they will continue in mediocrity for a few more years. How is that any different than the last 40 years or so? Until we find stability at QB we'll continue being an 8-8/10-6 team at best. We've been looking for that stability since Namath.

Also, where are you getting that Sanchez struggled on the road?

@ Virginia: 338 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, Win
@ Oregon State: 227 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, Loss
@ Washington State: 253 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INT, Win
@ Arizona: 216 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, Win
@ Standford: 135 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, Win
@ UCLA: 268 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, Win

If anything his only multiple INT games of the season came at home.

Me have a nightmare? Not at all. You guys traded a 2nd rounder, your starting DE, a good QB prospect in Ratliff, and a backup safety, to draft a bust in Sanchez? Good job!

Of course a UDFA with zero NFL experience who you know absolutely nothing about and probably never even heard of before last year is a good QB prospect but a consensus first rounder is a bust before he even puts a jersey on since the Jets drafted him. Gotta love Dolphins fans. Is that why you guys created this forum? So you can just rag on the other AFC East teams? Seems to be all you do here.

Of course a UDFA with zero NFL experience who you know absolutely nothing about and probably never even heard of before last year is a good QB prospect but a consensus first rounder is a bust before he even puts a jersey on since the Jets drafted him. Gotta love Dolphins fans. Is that why you guys created this forum? So you can just rag on the other AFC East teams? Seems to be all you do here.

Hold up, wasn't jet nation just saying how Ratliff was outplaying Chad and Kellen in TC camp last year? Now that he's not on your team anymore he's not the sleeper QB you guys thought he was. Gotta love Jet fans who crown their players gods until they don't play for them anymore.

Ratliff is a good QB prospect and Sanchez is a bust? Come on now.

We traded a second rounder, an undrafted FA at QB, a starting DE in name only, and a nice role player in Elam to move up from the 17th pick to the 5th pick in the draft. Thats not a bad trade.

Sanchez might be a bust but so could anybody taken in the draft. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom