Your NEW NYJets Nightmare | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your NEW NYJets Nightmare

How exactly did we get ripped off? We essnetially moved from 17 to 5 by giving up a 2nd rd pick. The players were all expendable players. The trade itself was a steal, now the question is will Sanchez fulfill expectations? I couldn't be happier right now w/ what the Jets did.

I like Ratliff and he is a good prospect but one of our QBs became expendable moving up to draft Sanchez so that's not a big deal.

I somewhat agree with this. I was hoping the Jets would trade up and get ripped off giving up like 2 future NUMBER 1's or something. They hardly gave up anything to jump into the top 5. They lucked out.

Kenyon Coleman doesn't fit Rex Ryans defense. Douglas was going to start, so we gave up 3 nobodies and a 2nd rounder for a franchise QB. Unproven yes, but I believe he will be a franchise QB. Elam is terrible in coverage, and Ratliff is no better than Clemens.

So they were "no bodies" huh?:err:

And Sanchez will become a franchise qb..
:sidelol:

Only jit fan can find solitude in a ocean of their own hypocrisy...
LOL.

Marino1983

:lol:
He better be considering the jits gave up a total of 5 players for him!

I think it is hilarious that the jest fan base is annoiting this guy the rookie of the year award along with hoisting a lombardi in Feb....

HITF is Sanchez a better option than C Henne?

WTF has this kid done to even be compared to any qb in the NFL?

Other than in a jersey jit fans wet dream..

Marino1983
Henne hasn't played a NFL down either, he was on the bench all year. Henne wasn't that good in college, Sanchez is a better prospect.
No Jets fan is saying that Sanchez will win rookie of the year or win us a SB anytime soon. What Sanchez has given us is hope, the FO finally went out and landed their guy at QB. I am sick of us always missing out of the QB, for once we got our guy.

You guys who think Sanchez is bad, your going to be in for a surprise. And don't compare Favre to this, Favre was a stop gap. He wasn't a solution, Sanchez is the future of this franchise. He is the guy that can be the franchise QB for us for a long time. This is the highest QB drafted by the Jets since Joe Namath. I love it!!

And don't give me that garbage about the 5 players, 2 were low draft picks. 3 were average to below average players. It was the trash on our team, that to get up to the #5 pick in the draft. To grab a guy who possibly is a franchise QB, every GM in the league would do a move like this to grab a franchise QB. There is no price on one, most important player on the field.

So they were "no bodies" huh?:err:

And Sanchez will become a franchise qb..
:sidelol:

Only jit fan can find solitude in a ocean of their own hypocrisy...
LOL.

Marino1983
Oh so Coleman, Elam, and Ratliff are stars all of sudden? Look at their careers buddy. Coleman is a JAG that didn't fit Rex Ryans defense. Elam was terrible in coverage, try and find proof of me ever saying otherwise. He plays hard but costs us too many big plays, below average player. Ratliff was a undrafted QB who did well a couple of preseason games against 3rd stringers. I never was a big fan of his, hes a back up most likely.

And not only Jets fans think this way about Sanchez. Many scouts, experts, GMs feel that Sanchez is the real deal. I love how you can try and downplay everything in your head, just because the Jets made the move.

Oh and by the way I actually think the Dolphins draft this year is bad. Vontae Davis is overrated, never liked him. Hes inconsistent and has mental problems in the game, all the physical skills but doesn't read the plays that well.
Pat White in round 2 is weird, good athlete nothing special at QB.
Last year I came here admitting that the Dolphins had a strong draft, but this year I am not impressed at all.

Sanchez is the face of the franchise but is he the franchise? Right now, no. You think he is. You hope he is. But nothing is guaranteed. When 13 of the last 18 QB's drafted in the first round have been either a no doubt about it bust or an average QB with no real job security, what makes you think that you've figured it all out by taking a guy with one year of college experience and a guy who couldn't beat out John David Booty.

The odds are not in your favor but you've let your emotional attachment to your team convince you that the odds are I'm your favor. Don't fall in love with players. Fall in love with production. This is why you'll never see me jumping for joy about "The Great Chad Henne" because he hasn't proven it on the field. Until then, I'll wait it out. You Jet fans that are ready to hand over your first born child for this guy will be the same Jet fans who boo this kid when he doesn't throw 7 touchdowns in his first start.

Oh so Coleman, Elam, and Ratliff are stars all of sudden? Look at their careers buddy. Coleman is a JAG that didn't fit Rex Ryans defense. Elam was terrible in coverage, try and find proof of me ever saying otherwise. He plays hard but costs us too many big plays, below average player. Ratliff was a undrafted QB who did well a couple of preseason games against 3rd stringers. I never was a big fan of his, hes a back up most likely.
Yeah Coleman, Elam, and Elam are now garbage...
But if the trade never happens they are suddenly very good depth!:foundout:
And not only Jets fans think this way about Sanchez. Many scouts, experts, GMs feel that Sanchez is the real deal. I love how you can try and downplay everything in your head, just because the Jets made the move.
I do not really care what the sanchez lovers say about this guy..
The facts are that he has ONLY played in 16 games. And if you want to use the kipers love fest comments about him he has also stated that sanchez should not of come out this season! You cannot have it both ways..
To give up what your f-o gave up for this guy is just plain NUT'S!

Oh and by the way I actually think the Dolphins draft this year is bad. Vontae Davis is overrated, never liked him. Hes inconsistent and has mental problems in the game, all the physical skills but doesn't read the plays that well.
Wow mental problems.. that is rich.. Show me the link that anyone has stated that Davis has "mental problems"!
Pat White in round 2 is weird, good athlete nothing special at QB.
Yes and it would have been a steal if the jits would have taken him as well.. I will take the Tunas expertise in evaluating college players over a group of favre lovers that really and truly believed that they were on their way to a championship..
Last year I came here admitting that the Dolphins had a strong draft, but this year I am not impressed at all.
Well then I feel even more so about the jest draft..
In fact as far as your coaching staff, ryan is a blowhard that needs to figure out his best move is to just keep his mouth shut and let his team do his talking..
But like I have posted,, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree and his daddy could never control his big mouth as well...

Marino1983

Henne hasn't played a NFL down either, he was on the bench all year. Henne wasn't that good in college, Sanchez is a better prospect.
So Henne already going through his rookie season already means that he would be behind sanchez?:confused:
Then HTF do you know how good Henne can be? And as far as Henne's college career,, did you take notice that he really didn't have a lot of talent around him?:rolleyes2:
No Jets fan is saying that Sanchez will win rookie of the year or win us a SB anytime soon.
I beg to differ.. There have been numerous of your fan base that feel sanchez is the next M Ryan.

You guys who think Sanchez is bad, your going to be in for a surprise. And don't compare Favre to this, Favre was a stop gap. He wasn't a solution, Sanchez is the future of this franchise. He is the guy that can be the franchise QB for us for a long time. This is the highest QB drafted by the Jets since Joe Namath. I love it!!
Okay miss cleo... LOL with that but just insert favres name instead of sanchez and it is the same old B-S!

And don't give me that garbage about the 5 players, 2 were low draft picks. 3 were average to below average players. It was the trash on our team, that to get up to the #5 pick in the draft.
And again if they were trash wtf were they on the jit roster? Give me a break!
To grab a guy who possibly is a franchise QB, every GM in the league would do a move like this to grab a franchise QB. There is no price on one, most important player on the field.
How do you know that this kid will be a franchise qb? Because kiper and his ****** boy say so?:lol: You sit there and acuse Phin fans of claiming draftees as pro-bowl players but sanchez is a franchise qb even before he snaps a ball in a puke-green uniform!:rolleyes2:

Marino1983

Tim Couch
Donovan McNabb
Akili Smith
Daunte Culpepper
Cade McNown
Chad Pennington
Michael Vick
David Carr
Carson Palmer
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
JP Losman
Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco

Out of 26 QB's, 15 of those are no doubt about it busts. 2 QB's I don't think we have enough data on to really guage and one—Chad Pennington—is an average NFL pro. He's not great, he's not awful. He's just a good pro QB. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

So out of 26 QB's drafted in the first round over the past decade, 8 of these are home runs. It's not easy to hit the home run when drafting QB's. Good luck with the Mark Sanchez project. I'd be very concerned.

Yeah wasnt Favre supposed to take the Jest to the promise land.

NO, he wasn't.

:lol:
He better be considering the jits gave up a total of 5 players for him!

I think it is hilarious that the jest fan base is annoiting this guy the rookie of the year award along with hoisting a lombardi in Feb....

HITF is Sanchez a better option than C Henne?

WTF has this kid done to even be compared to any qb in the NFL?

Other than in a jersey jit fans wet dream..

Marino1983

I didn't know the requirement to be a good NFL QB was that you had to lose to your arch rival every year and then lose to a div 1AA team(whatever they call it now) at home:lol2:

Yeah and isn't it sooooooo interesting that Penny was the answer until favre became the jits wet dream....
Now Chad sucks and is proclaimed as noodle arm since he has worn a Dolphins uniform..
Now a season later Sanchez is the jit fan base new god...

Poor OLD B Favre...

Marino1983

I'm guessing you never read my posts? I never wanted the Favre trdae, I always wanted to keep Chad and I knew it was a bad move. I didn't bash Chad in Miami like you guys did when he was up here.

Sanchez is the face of the franchise but is he the franchise? Right now, no. You think he is. You hope he is. But nothing is guaranteed. When 13 of the last 18 QB's drafted in the first round have been either a no doubt about it bust or an average QB with no real job security, what makes you think that you've figured it all out by taking a guy with one year of college experience and a guy who couldn't beat out John David Booty.

The odds are not in your favor but you've let your emotional attachment to your team convince you that the odds are I'm your favor. Don't fall in love with players. Fall in love with production. This is why you'll never see me jumping for joy about "The Great Chad Henne" because he hasn't proven it on the field. Until then, I'll wait it out. You Jet fans that are ready to hand over your first born child for this guy will be the same Jet fans who boo this kid when he doesn't throw 7 touchdowns in his first start.

No one said he was guaranteed to be a great NFL QB. Nothing is guaranteed, the draft is a crapshoot. This regime has done a great job in the draft outside of Gholston. They took over in '06 and in that time they have drafted Brick, Mangold, leon Washington, Revis, Harris, Keller. That's a damn good haul in 3 years. Those are all well above average starters, you can't ask for much more than that so I trust them. Does it mea Sanchez will succeed? I hope so but we'll find out in the next few years.

Tim Couch
Donovan McNabb
Akili Smith
Daunte Culpepper
Cade McNown
Chad Pennington
Michael Vick
David Carr
Carson Palmer
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
JP Losman
Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco

Out of 26 QB's, 15 of those are no doubt about it busts. 2 QB's I don't think we have enough data on to really guage and one—Chad Pennington—is an average NFL pro. He's not great, he's not awful. He's just a good pro QB. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

So out of 26 QB's drafted in the first round over the past decade, 8 of these are home runs. It's not easy to hit the home run when drafting QB's. Good luck with the Mark Sanchez project. I'd be very concerned.

I understand your point but I disagree w/ some of what you wrote.

Vick was not a bust, he got into legal trouble which has set his career back but he did an excellent job in Atlanta prior to the legal trouble. He had them in the postseason 2 of 3 years inclduing winning the first ever playoff game at lambeau for a visitor and got Atl to the NFC Title Game.

I have always thought Culpepper was overrated but he wasn't a bust. Tim Couch is a bust, he never did anything, Daunte did have some success.

I understand your point but I disagree w/ some of what you wrote.

Vick was not a bust, he got into legal trouble which has set his career back but he did an excellent job in Atlanta prior to the legal trouble. He had them in the postseason 2 of 3 years inclduing winning the first ever playoff game at lambeau for a visitor and got Atl to the NFC Title Game.

I have always thought Culpepper was overrated but he wasn't a bust. Tim Couch is a bust, he never did anything, Daunte did have some success.

And I knew I would catch some flack for that one but in all honesty, dude is in prison for viciously killing dogs and running illegal dog fighting operations. Arthur Blank was paying him a ton of money. All of a sudden you gotta pay this goober millions and he's out tossing a couple of dogs into killing pits for a few thousand dollars and your team's future is immediately in jeopardy because of one's guys poor character and questionable judgment....you're a bust.

And I knew I would catch some flack for that one but in all honesty, dude is in prison for viciously killing dogs and running illegal dog fighting operations. Arthur Blank was paying him a ton of money. All of a sudden you gotta pay this goober millions and he's out tossing a couple of dogs into killing pits for a few thousand dollars and your team's future is immediately in jeopardy because of one's guys poor character and questionable judgment....you're a bust.

He performed on the field though, it wasn't like he never did anything. Did he give them as many years as they expected? of course not but he wasn't Akili Smith or Tim Couch who gave their teams nothing.

So Henne already going through his rookie season already means that he would be behind sanchez?:confused:
Then HTF do you know how good Henne can be? And as far as Henne's college career,, did you take notice that he really didn't have a lot of talent around him?:rolleyes2:
I beg to differ.. There have been numerous of your fan base that feel sanchez is the next M Ryan.

Okay miss cleo... LOL with that but just insert favres name instead of sanchez and it is the same old B-S!

And again if they were trash wtf were they on the jit roster? Give me a break!

How do you know that this kid will be a franchise qb? Because kiper and his ****** boy say so?:lol: You sit there and acuse Phin fans of claiming draftees as pro-bowl players but sanchez is a franchise qb even before he snaps a ball in a puke-green uniform!:rolleyes2:

Marino1983
First off learn to read man, you keep trying to mask what I said and try and act like I said something different. Only in your little world in your head does "Drafting a possible franchise QB" mean that hes "GOING to be a franchise QB".

You are really bringing down your fan base, you have no legit argument. You can't even comprehend what I have said, you make up things. Trying not to personal attack here because I'm not like that, but w/e. You probably don't really know what you are talking about, just a big homer.

And by the way, I said Sanchez is a more talented prospect than Henne. That you couldn't use the "Sanchez hasn't played a down in the NFL" because Henne hasn't either, some how that got into something totally different with you. Henne had lots of talent around him, thats whats funny. He had a 1st overall LT protecting him, he had a great college RB. He had a great college WR to throw to, actually had a nice group to throw to. He had a good amount of talent around him, I just never liked him. Thought he was average.

And its really silly for you to compare drafting a 22 year old QB to trading a 39 year old QB. Jets fans knew that Favre wasn't the franchise, we were just excited for that season. Sanchez is a guy that can be the man for years, something Favre couldn't be as he was old.

The facts are that he has ONLY played in 16 games. And if you want to use the kipers love fest comments about him he has also stated that sanchez should not of come out this season! You cannot have it both ways..

Wow mental problems.. that is rich.. Show me the link that anyone has stated that Davis has "mental problems"!
Yes and it would have been a steal if the jits would have taken him as well.. I will take the Tunas expertise in evaluating college players over a group of favre lovers that really and truly believed that they were on their way to a championship..

In fact as far as your coaching staff, ryan is a blowhard that needs to figure out his best move is to just keep his mouth shut and let his team do his talking..
But like I have posted,, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree and his daddy could never control his big mouth as well...

Marino1983
We gave up little for him!!! Get it in your head, Coleman was a over paid JAG, he didn't fit Rex's defense he was a Mangini signing. Elam was a Mangini guy, he was terrible in coverage and gave up big plays. Ratliff was a Mangini guy, he was our 3rd string QB!!

Mel Kiper is not the only one drooling over Sanchez. Steve Young was, Keyshawn Johnson was, Jaws, Phil Simms, Boomer, Mayock, Mcshay, Carter, Dilfer, Palmer. Actually I haven't seen a single person say it was a bad move by the Jets, everyone loved the trade. Because they know the Jets gave very little to get him. A franchise QB is worth a lot and we felt he was one. Its funny hearing how big of a homer you are saying that the Jets gave up everything for him while we gave up some Mangini players that eventually wouldn't be here as they weren't in our HC plans.

And the Tuna is far from perfect at drafting, he messes up a lot. I never liked Pat White, so you can shove it with that one. Hes a great athlete, but we have one like that in Brad Smith. I am giving you an unbiased opinion on your draft, I gave one last year. You are just too arrogant to realize this. Check all of my post regarding those players on the Jets boards, some Jets fans tried telling me about Davis, I never liked him. I think hes slow in the head and doesn't read the plays too fast. He gets faked out a lot and isn't a smart player. He has all the physical skills but the mental side is not there, who knows if he will gain that mental side. Coaches feel they can coach them up but a lot of the times they don't work out.

With all the talent Davis has, your telling me that he fell that low for nothing?

Coleman and Elam are good players. But for the chance at possibly landing your franchise QB they are NOTHING to give up. Let's put it like this. If Sanchez completely busts do you think anyone will look back at this deal thinking, "they gave up Kenyon Coleman and Abram Elam for this scrub?" They will be afterthoughts in the bigger picture regardless of how it all turns out. The only player with an even remote chance of making the Jets regret this is Ratliff and that's only if he turns out to be an above average starting QB and Sanchez flops. No other team in the league would have made this deal with the Jets. Mangini worked out a bargain deal with his former team (believe it or not they are still on good terms) because they were eager to move out of the 5 spot (and apparently the 17 & 19 spot), and picked up some nice role players who know his scheme and will help ease the transition to his new defense. The Jets come out great here on the simple fact that they gave up no future draft picks.

Try listening to people tell you Chad Pennington is crap until he changes teams.......

As for the trade. Coleman is decent depth and Elam is a big play Safety who gets burned more then he makes the big play. They can be replaced. Brett Ratliff was an UDFA. I think the only reason the Jets got away with giving up so little is because Mangini likes his players and wanted them to help teach his team the type of defense he wants to run.

We didnt give up much. We gave up two decent players (better backups then they are starters) and an UDFA QB with our second round pick to go from 17 to 5 to draft the guy the Jets wanted.

And if he went back to college he would have done the same thing he did last year.

And i'll take Mike Tannenbaum and Rex Ryans advice on Mark Sanchez over yours..............

Marino1983

LOL

Back
Top Bottom