Your Pre-Combine REALISTIC top 5 at 14. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Pre-Combine REALISTIC top 5 at 14.

seriously doubt philbin will touch peters...like very seriously...

Guess we won't be looking at CB in the 1st round then unless we severely overdraft someone like P.J. Williams who I've not been impressed with.

I've got to get around to looking at DBs. I'm having trouble finding enough games to watch for the OG in this draft class.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

countless team violations kicked off team in October, would have been my 1st or 2nd CB, but now he's a 3rd rounder.

Yeah I knew that about him. Heard some teams still view him as a 1st rounder though.

Guess we won't be looking at CB in the 1st round then unless we severely overdraft someone like P.J. Williams who I've not been impressed with.

I've got to get around to looking at DBs. I'm having trouble finding enough games to watch for the OG in this draft class.

if we get a new dc maybe...there's nothing in the guard class that will warrant a top 15 pick...like nothing even close...only ones to consider would be college tackles to guard and i dont think this is a year you see miami pull a top pick guard or olineman anyways...at least right now

no college guard that projects in the pros as a guard should carry a top 20 grade

if we get a new dc maybe...there's nothing in the guard class that will warrant a top 15 pick...like nothing even close...only ones to consider would be college tackles to guard and i dont think this is a year you see miami pull a top pick guard or olineman anyways...at least right now

no college guard that projects in the pros as a guard should carry a top 20 grade

I'm not talking top 15 pick at Guard...I'm looking for later in the draft like 3rd round or 4th round and later. I've been trying to find something on Miles Dieffenbach from Penn State and Christian Lombard from Notre Dame but nothing. I saw a little bit of Jamil Douglas from Arizona State but I'm not finding much to look at for the Guard class.

I'm not talking top 15 pick at Guard...I'm looking for later in the draft like 3rd round or 4th round and later. I've been trying to find something on Miles Dieffenbach from Penn State and Christian Lombard from Notre Dame but nothing. I saw a little bit of Jamil Douglas from Arizona State but I'm not finding much to look at for the Guard class.

i think the guard route will be done in free agency and they ask shelley smith to take a cut and they count on billy turner...so i wont be spending much time on guard prospects til after i see what they do in free agency

but if it's me i'm not taking any oline at pick 14 unless the skill position top 20 grades are picked clean

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Yeah I knew that about him. Heard some teams still view him as a 1st rounder though.
I watch FSU pretty religiously and like Williams but definitely agree that he is not worth a first round pick. I wouldn't mind having him but not with our first. I like Ramsey and Darby better.

i see one name listed on here that i think would be the primary target should it get to us but i need to review more tape of said player before i endorse it...seems like the correct fit just have to verify the value

Hopefully we will get one with a new DC!

well you still got to match your existing personnel...brent grimes game is best suited for our current scheme as is will davis...jamar taylor could probably fair fine in a say press man or cover 2 scheme...waynes game is more press man...

minus taylor you'd pretty much be starting over for scheme fit at corner making a change

People talk about trading down every draft, but Jeebus, if there was ever a year for it IMO.....

Anyhow, it's a bit early to be looking at a top 5 as I'm still checking guys out, but it would be something like:

5. Gurley
4. Coates
3. Green-Beckham
2. Shelton
1. Ray

I would focus on our top five needs over specific players:

1. WR: White, Parker, Strong or Funchess

2. DT: Goldman, Shelton or Armstead

3. RB: Melvin Gordon

4. CB: Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Ekpre Olumo

5. LB: Shaq Thompson, Kendricks

Right now if I was the Phins GM I would add another big weapon.....Kevin White at WR or Gordon at RB.

White or Gordon would be my top pick at 14 as of now…White is a terrific player and would be a great fit. Gordon is just a flat out stud. That said, WR and RB are both deep in this draft so we can get some really good players in the first 3-4 rounds. DT is a need, so is CB and S and honestly you can never have too many pass rushers. That said Im waiting it out to see if Coyle is even around next year.

I feel DT and CB are the two biggest needs on our team. IF that is the case I feel the best DT left, hopefully, is much better value than the best cb that will be left. That being said, if a guy like White or Parker are sitting there I have a hard time not running the card up. Wallace, White/Parker, and Landry just makes me smile. Yes I think Wallace is on the team next year. Not worth cutting for a 9 mil cap hit when he just scored 10 TDs and Ryan will only get better.

For me its a top 3 and one of them should be there:

1) Melvin Gordan

2a & 2b) Davante Parker & Kevin White.

Back
Top Bottom