1) Vernon Davis
2) Jimmy Williams
3) Marcus McNiel
4) Tamba Hali

1.) Michael Huff
2.) Chad Greenway
3.) Jimmy Williams
4.) Manny Lawson

I like Cutler at #16 as well if he does infact fall to us and Saban likes him enough to draft him there, just don't see trying to trade up to get him...

Michael Huff if he's not there take Antonio Cromartie if he's not there take Winston Justice if he'd not there take Chad Greenway.
I'm sure this will change the closer we get to the draft.

Finsfan79 said:
huff - there is no way he will be there he is a top 10 pick folks.
Might as well ask for Hawk or D'Brickshaw or leinart :p
williams will be long gone too. Cromartie I need to see the combine first he is too dangerous off of a rare injury and Safety is more important in our system then the CB

1. Jay Cutler - Solid QB option that could be there specially with the news out of detriot and Arizona lately. He would give us a project for a year or two but could be good for our system.

2. Manny Lawson OLB NCS - Basically is a Jason Taylor clone in speed rusher with good height and size. He has the build to play in our hybrid perfectly as a 3-4 or 4-3. He is fast and amazing pass rusher, he is a dominating player.

3. Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State- He got overshadowed by AJ Hawk alot of the year but he is a perfect first of the 3-4 OLB strong side spot. Which is exactly what we need, he is fast and good in coverage and great at rushing the QB. He would be an upgrade over Junior Seau right away and give us some good youth to the LB core

4. Ko Simpson Safety SC - This guy is a ballhawk. Wherever there was a need he was there for South Carolina this year and last. He is raw for only 2 years in college but he made the most of them. He is big, strong and fast (around a 4.3-4.4). He is a great hitter and run stuffer, good comparision is Rodney Harrison. Remember in the 3-4 type that we run it is important to have a big time hitting safety. Dallas Roy Williams, NE Harrison, Pitt Polomalo (sp)

Those are my 4 That could actually be there

I know Kurt Warner just got signed to a 3 year extension but what is the news in Detriot?

1. Jay Cutler. Hate to ride the hype wagon, but the guy has serious skills and we're desperate for a franchise qb. No more old guys (although I wouldn't be entirely opposed to bringing in brett favre for a year or two to acclimate cutler). He's athletic, competitive and can make all the throws. Give him a good support system and surround him by talent (both of which we have) and we'll be set for years to come.

2. Antonio Cromartie. This guy is a legit top five pick if he didn't injure his knee. Big, strong, blazing fast and all the attitude you want in a shut-down corner... if he recovers, he could be a real force in this league. Saban does like his corners big and cromartie's definitely got size, and reach, and insane jumping ability...

3. Michael Huff. He's not going to be there, but i can dream... Would make an immediate impact and hopefully lead our secondary for years to come. Strong, fast, hits hard, has a nose for the ball... yada yada yada (might be higher if i thought we had aq legit shot at grabbing him.)

4. Gabe Watson. Keith Traylor 2.0. He's got the size of traylor and the strength. He could plug a hole and take on two defenders on all downs. Alot more athletic than traylor and ALOT younger. His heart is as big as his body and he would be a great locker room presence. Traylor's gonna retire and i'm not completely convinced wright or vickerson have the size or ability to replace him. We have bigger needs, and i would be ok with wright and vickerson plugging the middle for a while, but it would be nice to have watson. (I would only trade ricky for a first... even then i wouldn't like it... but we might be able to grab watson with that pick)

5a. Chad Greenway. Prototype linebacker... big, fast, strong, good awareness, hard hitter, plenty of passion for the sport. Doubt he'll be around at 16, but he could make us forget about Junior quick.

If they drop to us then Ngata or Greenway
Cutler
Lawson or Carpenter
I think Ngata and Greenway will gbe gone tho but I'd be fine with any of the other 3 on that list tho Lawson and Carpenter we could get after moving down for more picks.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom