Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Sons Of Shula, Apr 26, 2017.
Man SOS, I hate your top 3. Just Saying.
1. Reddick (wont be at #22 though)
2. Trade down and get Jordan Willis
3. Derek Barrnett
4. Reuben Foster
5. Jared Davis
Not a fan of Harris at all or McDowell. I have seen both of them and they just don't stand out to me at all. Like Barnett and Willis alot. Loved carl Lawson aswell. Baker is really good too. Taco to me shined at certain times and the talent is definitely there but kinda reminds me of dion Jordan alittle.
I'm not gonna bother putting guys like S Thomas, Hooker or Foster cuz they will almost certainly be gone...so my realistic top 5.
2. Tak McKinley
My Friend who works with the Dolphins (no name) Said We will draft Dalvin Cook if hes available at 22, and he is their top choice.
Charles Harris seems like an interesting prospect and Jarrad Davis, but it seems like it would be a bit of a reach taking Davis at 22. But if Miami were to trade down and get an extra pick if good talent is still available and still get DAvis, I would be fine with that too.
If they don't value FS enough, they need to be gone. And I honestly can't think of a single position in which contract amounts would impact the draft, not even DT.
But there are several others I would be happy with as well, and a couple I could deal with based on need due to the FO and O-line coaches consistently ****ting the bed (Lamp).
I am praying we don't draft Taco... dude is a bum against the run and has 1 rush move and that's beating the tackle outside. He'll be a bust in the NFL
5 Jarrad Davis or Jordan Willis
1. Watt2. Reddick3. Harris4. Davis5. Their choice of secondaryIf Watt and Reddick are gone, drop down if you can.If Watt's past his knee injuries, man, he's got more upside than anyone. Garrett has no moves and just beats you with physicality. Barnett is a polished, smart, old school sack artist that can set up moves. Harris is the best at anticipating the snap. Willis is the most balanced rusher vs. The run, but his get off is inconsistent as hell. I may be wrong about Willis, though. My gut just says beware Kansas St. Something about that college, doesn't translate to the Big pond. Tim Williams, Lawson, the Illinois ends I know are good, but only so much time to devote to film study.Watt seems custom made for our front 7. He'd be great at SLB with his run stopping and edge setting abilities. He'll readily gain more weight to switch to DE. That's when things get really interesting. His handwork seems natural to me. He's just a complete menace when he's set loose on a quarterback in obvious passing situations. Oh, and his pass coverage looks good too. What can I say?...He's my special boy!
Tally so far includes 23 players.
My top 5
above 2 are pipe dreams. More realistic
1 David Njoku
2 Takkarist McKinley
3 TJ Watt
4 Adoree Jackson
5 Cam Robinson
revised 5, diluted sample, two shots in...assuming a lot are gone
SOS - do you see McDowell as a DE or DT in our defense?
Yes. And I say that sincerely. I love his versatility and I think if we're smart enough that we could use him according to game plan in lining him up over the opponents weaker o-lineman much like how NE uses their DL. He really can be used up and down the LOS as he played just about every technique 0-9 at Mich. St.
Standard usage, I could see him at the 5 or 7 tech on early downs with options to kick him inside to the 3 or outside to the 6-9 for passing situations with the versatility to move him inside also to techs 1-5 to defend the run. McDowell offers a lot of flexibility with his size and strength.
Reference for all the technique jargon:
some of you are really holding onto hope that Foster will fall
I'll revise mine since I included pipe dreams before.
Probably won't be there but take if they slip: Foster, Reddick, Barnett.
More likely guys on the board:
1. Charles Harris, DE
2. Taco Charlton, DE
3. Takk McKinley, DE
4. Jarrad Davis, LB
5. T.J. Watt, DE/LB
1. Tyus Bowser, LB
2. Marcus Williams, S
3. Cordrea Tankersely, CB
4. Dorian Johnson, G
5. Dan Feeney, G
I'm not going to list players I don't think will be there......so no Reddick or Barnett.
1) Jordan Willis
2) Rueben Foster
3) Obi Melifonwu
4) TJ Watt
5) Jarrad Davis
Better chance he will fall now than Barnett or Reddick.
It's true that the NFL is a different animal than college football. It's a little different when everyone is quick as a cat and strong as an ox as opposed to only facing one or two guys like that on a Saturday.
Assuming no Garrett, Allen, Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Howard, Foster, Thomas...
At first Mcdowell wasn't even on my radar.
Now the guy is somebody I would be pretty happy with.
Being extremely versatile is one attribute not all posses. (most don't)
I def think he's a part of our plan if things go wrong and we need to make a quick smart decision.
I've changed, my top 5 is:
1st round pick you gotta grab a guy who is gonna be a week 1 starter and immediate contributor. I hope to see them draft a much needed LB. I would be happy to see them get Foster, Davis or Reddick. I have a feeling Davis would be the best fit and most likely out of the 3, to be there at 22.
I understand the importance of getting to the QB, but what good is that if you can't stop the run? Kiko was a great addition and Timmons will be a solid pickup as well, but we have to get younger and faster at the position. On defense you have to figure out how to take something away and make teams one dimensional and elite QB's get the ball out quickly anyways. We don't have a third backer that I trust so I think we should go Foster round 1.
2. Hassan Reddick
3. Jarbril Peppers (versatile player, will help special teams)
5. Lamp (too far of a reach, but if everybody is gone...)
I think the "oh **** all of our top targets are gone" plan is centered around trading down or drafting McDowell, Taco, or (barf) Lamp.
Im starting to see mocks with Foster, Reddick, Barnett, Harris, Davis, and McKinley all gone by 22.
I think this is the most likely scenario of who is available at 22 and 54 with the exception of Feeney who I think will be taken earlier in round 2.