Your UDFA you want to make the 53 ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your UDFA you want to make the 53 ?

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
We signed 14 .who would you like see make the roster and chaces that he does.

Eric Smith, T
Maurice Smith, DB

let's face it, our slot CB situation is still a question mark, so any competition there is welcome.

Eric Smith would be cheap depth on the OL

Yep, Eric Smith for me. Would like him to develop and take J. James spot in 2 years

Eric Smith.. if @TedSlimmJr is correct, he was very draft-worthy and a contender for OL starter sooner than later. Also Praise appears very promising.

Eric Smith isn't a tackle in the NFL. He's a guard. Ja'Wuan James job security at right tackle for the Dolphins is safe for the foreseeable future if its up to Adam Gase.

Southern Illinois linebacker Chase Allen, Arizona State punter Matt Haack, Akron cornerback Larry Hope, University of Miami wide receiver Malcolm Lewis, Houston defensive end Cameron Malveaux, Temple defensive end Praise Martin-Oguike, UNLV cornerback Torry McTyer, Arkansas wide receiver Drew Morgan, Stanford wide receiver Francis Owusu, Northwestern Oklahoma State defensive end Joby Saint Fleur, Michigan running back De’Veon Smith, Virginia tackle Eric Smith, Georgia safety Maurice Smith and Mississippi wide receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow.

I would be rooting for a safety since that is an area of need IMO....as well as a guard upgrade. I don't see any DT's as that would be high on the list as well.

Chase Allen-Means we are churning the LB spot/hopefully an improvement on depth back there.
Maurice Smith-Same as above.

Good chance his name will be Smith. But I don't know if it will be Eric (O-line), De'Veon (RB) or Maurice (Safety).

This has been one of the best udfa offseason I have seen us have as far a prospects go.

I think the team will be in good shape if we sign all of these guys...

Eric Smith
Chase Allen
Praise Martin-Oguike
Larry Hope
Joby Saint Fleur

The two that stood out to me immediately were Praise Martin-Oguike and Eric Smith.

I'd also like to see what Drew Morgan has though I'm cautious since it's easy to fall in love with his type, even though they often end up not doing anything.

For me it be, 1) Eric Smith - I like what Slimm had to say about him and think he'd help at both RG and possibly Swing Tackle. He'd also aliviate some of the salary, that has been invested, in the backup Veteran O-Lineman, Miami has on the roster. 2) Praise-Martin Oguike - there is a lot to be said about this kids heart and desire, he's been through a lot over the course of the last several years. My hope is, Oguike is able to, give Miami flexibility within the defense by potentially learning to play LB and rush DE. If he's able to learn OLB, ILB and his natural LDE position, he'd give Miami's defense a huge puzzle piece to use in attempting to confuse offenses, by lining him up all over the defense.

Back
Top Bottom