Your Worries vs. your Non-Worries...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Your Worries vs. your Non-Worries......

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
list your season worries and non-worries here....then maybe after the season, we can see how it plays out.

WORRIES

-Surtains Knee, hope he makes it through the whole season ok
-E.Perry out for season (LS issues)
-E.Moore Out for season, LB depth (there went another wasted pick)
-Fiedlers Back, hope he makes it through the whole season

NON-WORRIES

-O-Line, its not that bad
-R.Konrads pinky
-B.Marions Knee, when hasnt he played injured?
-M.Royals injury, believe it or not, this is a good thing

Overall I'm not that worried because although significant, we have ahd no MAJOR losses for the year... Below are real worries.

#1 Worry: Ricky Williams goes down... Sure we have good backups... but Ricky got 1853 yards last year behind a no name offensive line, how do you replace that...?

#2 Worry: Fiedler goes down, this offense doesn't seem to work well without him... ( Maybe Sage is the real answer)

#3 Worry: Jason Taylor Goes Down, he is like the ominous Dark cloud on the left side of every QB's shoulder... He, not unlike Ricky Williams, at this point in his career is irreplaceable...

I could keep going but its pretty much just the rest of our pro-bowler and that would just take all day to list! Sure we have had some tough injuries thus far, but we have not LOST any of our Big Name/Pro-Bowl players for the year...

Jason Taylor is going to School Wade Smith for the next 3 weeks and I don't care what anyone says, that's gonna help... A truly talented althelete can learn a vast amount and improve his technique significantly in that amount of time with quality instruction... I'm not saying he'll be going going to hawaii, but he WILL practice day in and out against the BEST... so it could be worse...

Last edited by a moderator:
True. I mean..our backups are learning from some "ok" players :D .

So, hopefully they just learn quick. They should start doing what Knight and Seau have been doing. Busting their *** :cool:

Originally posted by Predaphin34
list your season worries and non-worries here....then maybe after the season, we can see how it plays out.

WORRIES

-Surtains Knee, hope he makes it through the whole season ok
-E.Perry out for season (LS issues)
-E.Moore Out for season, LB depth (there went another wasted pick)
-Fiedlers Back, hope he makes it through the whole season

Yeah even if you noticed my worries, there is none that cant be dealt with....

-Surtain should be fine
-E.Perry will be missed but all he did was LS, so it shouldnt be too bad to look for a replacement
-E.Moore well we played w/out him last seaon its not like he was gonna contirbute big this season
-Fiedler is doing ok now

My only worries are injuries by any of are starters on Defense. Oh yeah and Ricky if he goes down so do we

Just because he's not going to play this year, Eddie Moore is NOT a wasted pick. It's way too soon to make that proclamation.

wasted pick is a bit harsh...

although even if he recovers his development is certainly going to be stunted.

I don't know about worries and non-worries, but here are some positives (yes, I can provide these too) and negatives in no particular order

Positives:
1. Ricky Williams - 1800 yards last year and he might be in better shape
2. Tolver and Simmons - I never would have guessed Simmons would graduate from being a non-factor last year
3. Wade Smith, McKinney and Yates...finally some reinforcements down the road for that line.
4. Jason Taylor and a year older Ogunleye...if Adenwale steps up they could be the best bookends in the NFL
5. Secondary depth - bringing Arturo Freeman off the bench is a nice luxury

Negatives:
1. Linebacker depth - I was hoping this would be the first year we would have more than 3 linebackers...I like Jenkins but for the future...if Seau, Thomas or Greenwood get dinged (and I think Morlon already is), then where do we go
2. Chris Chambers - I am a huge Chambers fan...but he really needs to be the No. 1 and play like one.
3. Left Tackle - Can Wade Smith play? Yeah, I think so, but maybe this is too much to be asking so soon. A rookie LT who is light to begin with.
4. Game Planning - We hear over and over what a genius Norv Turner is...but there has been a few times over the last year where it looks like we have been outcoached. That's hard to stomach with Shula and Johnson as our history.
5. Ed Perry - If Wannestedt is concerned about it and he is barely ever publicly concerned, then I am concerned

Worries
We don't have the perfect team with depth at every position

Non Worries
Neither does any other team in the NFL

I think people have to worry about lt. We have a 3rd rounder coming in to start right now and maybe into the season that has to be a worry. Lt is probably one of the hardest positions in the game to play. I'm not saying the season is over, not at all, but its a really really big concern. Fiedler if im not mistaken has had hip injuries, shoulder injuries, and back injuries and now his blindside is a weakness? Sounds like a bad combo to me. I hope it worx out and i hope Smith can produce, or Dixon is fine by the reg season, but definately its a huge concern.

Stan...

don't sweat it...it's all good.

As of matter of fact, how dare you be concerned about a undersized rookie LT starting the NFL?

Stop your whining!

No Robert he's much better off pissing, moaning, and losing lots of sleep over it. In fact he should start a Poll about how many times the Dolphins will spin around the toilet bowl before the season is officially flushed down the drain...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that what you are doing...isgr...

pissing, moaning and losing sleep?

Well they have depends for you pissing yourself.

As for the moaning, I don't really want to know about that from you.

As for losing sleep, count sheep, take a Tylenol PM and get over yourself.

Back
Top Bottom