You're the GM in 2014: How do you fix this team? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You're the GM in 2014: How do you fix this team?

Sorry, first thing I do is fix your premise and clean house!

Fire OL coach Turner

For what? Being given a bunch of crap to work with. This isn't scheme that is the problem. These guys are simply get beat badly in their 1-on-1 battles. This is just lack of talent.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

I don't want this regime either, but Ross is going to keep Philbin unless something crazy happens...

If that happens, then we are screwed. If he keeps the coaching staff, he will be limited on the GM options.

WV please don't talk QB. Your all world qb has one of the worst records in football all world Luck got smoked by rams and cards. Please no more get real threads talking about how you know so much and everyone else is wrong. all of your get real lately have been dead ass wrong. Get Real

Tannebeast..err, runofthemill.

He flip flopped once the team started ****ting the bed..

Re-sign Soliai and Clemmons, franchise Grimes if you can't work out a longterm deal. Let all other FA's walk.
Sign a back to compliment Miller. Donald Brown from the Colts, Rashad Jennings from the Raiders come to mind.
Sign John Kuhn to play fullback.
Sign a guard, Matt Slauson from Bears or Jon Asamoah from Chiefs. Sign a tackle. If you want to go LT, look at Albert or Monroe. If looking right side, Michael Oher or Zach Strief.
Draft the best available lineman, guard or tackle in the first round. There appears to be 4-5 legitimate LTs that should be available when we pick. Take a guard in the second or third round and grab a TE in the first three rounds. I like CJ Fiedorowicz from Iowa. Add some DT depth as well.
I would like to find a permanent starting job for Dion Jordan on the D-line, although I'm not sure he isn't better suited for OLB. If Starks leaves, we have to keep Odrick inside which leaves Vernon and Jordan at DE.

As far as coaching, I think Sherman has to go. At first I thought he was good for Tannehill, now I think he's holding him and the offense back. I have mixed reviews about Turner as he's had absolute crap to work with.

Ideally, if Rex Ryan got fired, I would hire him as my DC and go back to a 3-4 as I think we're better suited for that scheme.

Assuming the staff returns, here is what I'd do:

1. Resign Soliai, Grimes, Clemons (Soliai IS our run defense, Grimes is a steal, and Clemons has continued to improve to become a solid player)
2. Let Keller walk. (Good player but telegraphs pass and doesn't help the run game, not to mention lacks the most important ability ... availability)
3. Draft an OT in either the 1st or 2nd round and a TE in the other. Use our mid-round picks to get a good G/C or two. (We desperately need a TE who can be a reliable 3rd down threat, size mismatch in the red zone, run block and pass protect. I'd trade our 1st to Cincinnati for Tyler Eifert if they'd take it. Our OL needs young talent)

Hire a new coaching staff.

Draft a QB somewhere in the draft to compete with Tannehill.

Resign Grimes.

Resign Pouncey.

Resign Clemons.

Resign Soilai.

Get a Seam Threat so we can use Clay the way he was meant to be used.

Fix Offensive Line.

Simple....we kill the Batman....

Offense -
- Sign at least 2 tackles and a guard...short list of guys I would go after....Mack, Asamoah, Brandon Albert, Eugene Monroe, Matt Slauson, Jered Veldheer, Austin Howard, Wade Smith and Oher
- Draft 2 lineman in the first 3 rounds....(who and where they draft these lineman depends heavily on FA
- Big Red Zone Target....can be a WR or a TE, but someone who can go up and fight for the ball
- Ben Tate
- Let Incognito walk, trade Martin, resign Jerry

Defense
- Starks walks
- Resign Soliai, Grimes, Clemons, Patterson
- Bench Wheeler
- Sign/Draft a OLB that can actually tackles

Staff
- Get rid OL and QB coach

Sign a guard, Matt Slauson from Bears or Jon Asamoah from Chiefs. Sign a tackle. If you want to go LT, look at Albert or Monroe. If looking right side, Michael Oher or Zach Strief.

Live in Maryland & the only offensive line that is as bad is ours is the Ravens. They average 2.9 ypc w/Ray Rice & Bernard Pierce, two good backs. Eugene Monroe is going to resign with the Ravens but they aren't even going to attempt to resign Michael Oher. There's a good reason for that... he SUCKS. He's just as bad as Clabo (allowed 8.5 sacks so far this year) & some foolish team is going to give Oher LT money. I pray it's not us.

Keep Pouncey. In FA, I sign a OT and OG. Two of my first three picks are a OT and OG...though I am in love with Eric Ebron...lol.

I would run to re-sign Brent Grimes. If he says "no", I tag him. From there, I would attempt to sign either Paul Soliai or Randy Starks. I got to get one. I would look for a veteran RB to combine with Lamar Miller. I am not giving up on Miller.

General gist to my ideas right now. Save the Cornfed stuff. This line is bad and needs to get better.

This^^^^^ (exactly what I was thinking)

Back
Top Bottom