Zach Thomas 2 just ran at the Combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas 2 just ran at the Combine

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
ILB Chris Borland - Wisconsin 5'11.5 248 lbs

ran 4.8 - 40

Mayock says all the kid deos is make plays around the ball - his measurables won't leap out at you but his tape will - He is a Football Player!

Sign me up

Slow, disappointing time. That time, which I think was 4.83 unofficial, plus his abnormally short arms will drop him like a rock...along with his size.

Zach Thomas by the way ran 4.64.

Slow, disappointing time. That time, which I think was 4.83 unofficial, plus his abnormally short arms will drop him like a rock...along with his size.

Zach Thomas by the way ran 4.64.

Now they are calling him a Kuechly sawed off and then all three said he reminded them of "Zach Thomas"

Dont get me wrong i love seeing freaking low numbers for players.. . but truthfully i rather take a baller over a speedster at almost every position even WR. Somethings just cant be taught.

I like this kid.
Chubbs

Sheesh!!!! While I loved Zack as a player...how about we find the next Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis,instead of the next little engine that could.

Now they are calling him a Kuechly sawed off and then all three said he reminded them of "Zach Thomas"

He's instinctive but he's got a lot going against him.

But that's typical talking head comparison. Compare the guy to a small, white linebacker because he's a small, white linebacker. No one is comparing him to Sam Mills or Jon Beason. And whoever said Luke Kuechly is smoking crack.

BTW - Borland makes the sure tackle and is athletic

Zach Thomas couldn't shed a block to save his life that's why we had Tim Bowens and Klingbeil types to keep him clean

He's instinctive but he's got a lot going against him.

But that's typical talking head comparison. Compare the guy to a small, white linebacker because he's a small, white linebacker. No one is comparing him to Sam Mills or Jon Beason. And whoever said Luke Kuechly is smoking crack.

Either Mayock or McGinest said it - they said Kuechly "sawed off" ya see get the humour - :rolleyes:

Zach Thomas couldn't shed a block to save his life that's why we had Tim Bowens and Klingbeil types to keep him clean

Every linebacker needs DTs to eat space and take up offensive lineman to be successful...don't kid yourself. Ray Lewis, who will be a first ballot hall of famer, even complained of not having the guys up front to keep him clean so he can make plays...that year the Ravens drafted Haloti Ngata.

Or cover a tightend...

Or cover a tightend...

Yah he struggled a lot but he could run sideline to sideline - I appreciated ZTs hustle, he wore down over the season and while Peyton Manning ahd huge respect for Zach's intelligence he was held back by his overall makeup, and BTW I don't see Borland as a starter, but he looks like he will fill a spot on someone's roster as a ST and back up ILB

Yah he struggled a lot but he could run sideline to sideline - I appreciated ZTs hustle, he wore down over the season and while Peyton Manning ahd huge respect for Zach's intelligence he was held back by his overall makeup, and BTW I don't see Borland as a starter, but he looks like he will fill a spot on someone's roster as a ST and back up ILB

Yea..Don't get me wrong,..i loved zack when he was here....but at best he was the ultimate overachiever ...I want Zack's smarts and hustle in a prototype inside linebacker's body.

I'd rather have Bullough in the 4th or 5th than Boreland in the 3rd or 4th. Really, I'd rather have Bullough either way.

I figure this guy is pretty late pick. Like 5th - 7th range - too much skill in this draft to throw a selection away

Back
Top Bottom