Zach Thomas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Thomas

@@@

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
What are the salary cap implications of cutting Zach Thomas this offseason?

Are you a fan? or an idiot? Zach's only deficiancy might be in blitzing. I think he would be better off stalling his blitz move until the O-Line pick the playes they're going to block and use a delay to sneak to an open slot. He doesn't have the physical size to bull rush an O-line man but he has the quicks to out maneuver him. But talk about cutting him? You don't have a clue!

computerbob said:
Are you a fan? or an idiot? Zach's only deficiancy might be in blitzing. I think he would be better off stalling his blitz move until the O-Line pick the playes they're going to block and use a delay to sneak to an open slot. He doesn't have the physical size to bull rush an O-line man but he has the quicks to out maneuver him. But talk about cutting him? You don't have a clue!
Perhaps before you ask whether i'm an idiot you may consider reading whats written infront of your face, i don't recall mentioning blitzing so unless you actually have an intelligent response to a simple question **** off and troll another thread

No opinion on the CAP hit as I don't know it.

But, I think we would be better served trading him. We may get a 3rd, most likely a 4th for him. Homers here will think he is worth a 1st, but there is no way we could even get a 2nd for him unless a team was desperate. The best opportunity for a high pick would have been to a playoff caliber team with an injury problem just before the deadline (that just passed).

@@@ said:
Perhaps before you ask whether i'm an idiot you may consider reading whats written infront of your face, i don't recall mentioning blitzing so unless you actually have an intelligent response to a simple question **** off and troll another thread

Calling someone an idiot is a bit extreme, but to start a thread like this about cutting Zach Thomas was not the smartest thing to do in this forum. Zach may be poor at blitzing, but he is one of the main reasons why this defense is great year after year. He along with Jason Taylor is the heart of the defense. Cutting him would basically sever this team since his leadership is such an impact.

So, if you get alot of flack about your post...you should have thought about it before posting a comment like that.

@@@ said:

i think their is something wrong i with your abdula oblongata

TooDrkPark said:
Calling someone an idiot is a bit extreme, but to start a thread like this about cutting Zach Thomas was not the smartest thing to do in this forum. Zach may be poor at blitzing, but he is one of the main reasons why this defense is great year after year. He along with Jason Taylor is the heart of the defense. Cutting him would basically sever this team since his leadership is such an impact.

So, if you get alot of flack about your post...you should have thought about it before posting a comment like that.
First of all, the defense was never great and second, he is not worth 4.9 million against the cap for a team that is rebuilding.... Time to move on......

[FONT=&quot]Well maybe I was a bit extreme... But it was only a question LOL, I didn't presume anything except, that by asking what the cap hit would be, you're implying, and I'm inferring that your intention would to be getting rid of him.
I'm sorry if I took out my frustration on you, but reading the blogs, and comments from so-called fans is getting real old. I'm a season ticket holder, have been for 10 years. I live and bleed aqua & orange and now white trim and dark blue and etc.... I moved to Florida in the late 60's and was here for the perfect season, I've watched over the past dozen or so years how we've been mired in mediocrity based upon just being good enough to never get a decent draft. Now we finally get a "real" coach (maybe not a great media personality) but it must be hard to keep a cool head with the B.S. questions he has to endure. But people are already calling for the end of his tenure, PLEASE!, He has to get at least 4-5 years to make up for the lousy drafts that preceded him. And of all Dolphin luck, we finally get a 2nd and geez what a great draft year! As far as I'm concerned the only major mistake that "Nick" has made has been his choice between the Qb's he had this summer, (But he has an excuse for that, if it was truly the medical staff that advised against Breese) Speaking of him, realize that we could have drafted him in Wanny times but we choose the Jamar Fletcher at 26 when San Diego got him at 32 in the top of the 2nd) then we virtually had to pay San Diego to take him along with Feeley to get Cleo Lemon. Never-the-less I'm sorry for the attack, I just hope true Dolphin fans will give Saban at least as much time as Wanny had.
[/FONT]

i don't want him cut. but if he is rough numbers say we will free up 3.3 million.

computerbob said:
[FONT=&quot]Well maybe I was a bit extreme... But it was only a question LOL, I didn't presume anything except, that by asking what the cap hit would be, you're implying, and I'm inferring that your intention would to be getting rid of him.
I'm sorry if I took out my frustration on you, but reading the blogs, and comments from so-called fans is getting real old. I'm a season ticket holder, have been for 10 years. I live and bleed aqua & orange and now white trim and dark blue and etc.... I moved to Florida in the late 60's and was here for the perfect season, I've watched over the past dozen or so years how we've been mired in mediocrity based upon just being good enough to never get a decent draft. Now we finally get a "real" coach (maybe not a great media personality) but it must be hard to keep a cool head with the B.S. questions he has to endure. But people are already calling for the end of his tenure, PLEASE!, He has to get at least 4-5 years to make up for the lousy drafts that preceded him. And of all Dolphin luck, we finally get a 2nd and geez what a great draft year! As far as I'm concerned the only major mistake that "Nick" has made has been his choice between the Qb's he had this summer, (But he has an excuse for that, if it was truly the medical staff that advised against Breese) Speaking of him, realize that we could have drafted him in Wanny times but we choose the Jamar Fletcher at 26 when San Diego got him at 32 in the top of the 2nd) then we virtually had to pay San Diego to take him along with Feeley to get Cleo Lemon. Never-the-less I'm sorry for the attack, I just hope true Dolphin fans will give Saban at least as much time as Wanny had.
[/FONT]
Now thats the kind of post i was looking for :wink: I also apologise for taking my frustrations out on you i overeacted to your comments. For the record i wasn't saying lets ditch Zach i'm just curious as to his cap numbers this year and in future years of his current deal because at some stage will we have to move on without him and i was curious as to which years of his deal that may or may not make sense.

Doing something that is hard to do by cutting a player everyone loves doesn't make you an idiot. This team needs help and Zach makes alot of money for a middle linebacker. Linebacker can be found in th draft even 4th or 5th round which is where zach was drafted. This team has gone as far as its going to go with the current roster. Do you want to be better or see players you like loose year in and year out.

columbuslarry said:
Doing something that is hard to do by cutting a player everyone loves doesn't make you an idiot. This team needs help and Zach makes alot of money for a middle linebacker. Linebacker can be found in th draft even 4th or 5th round which is where zach was drafted. This team has gone as far as its going to go with the current roster. Do you want to be better or see players you like loose year in and year out.

Actually money should be OK next year. We do have a few things to take care of:
Traylor will prolly retire
Hollidays contract is up
Welker hit's RFA and if another team gives him an offer we receive no draft compensation because the chargers drafted him.
Bell and tillman's deals expire after the season.
Spragan is on his last year as is David Bowens.
Denney hits RFA
Vickerson hits RFA
Zgoninas contract expires
Lemon's contract is up and so is Barne's

You'll notcie that most of this is defense. so we should have some flexability in our spending. Especially since the cap will go up another 8 million. (110 million)

hdjetta6316 said:
Actually money should be OK next year. We do have a few things to take care of:
Traylor will prolly retire
Hollidays contract is up
Welker hit's RFA and if another team gives him an offer we receive no draft compensation because the chargers drafted him.
Bell and tillman's deals expire after the season.
Spragan is on his last year as is David Bowens.
Denney hits RFA
Vickerson hits RFA
Zgoninas contract expires
Lemon's contract is up and so is Barne's

You'll notcie that most of this is defense. so we should have some flexability in our spending. Especially since the cap will go up another 8 million. (110 million)

Other than Welker, there is not a player there that is worth keeping.

As for Zach, It would not suprise me to see him get traded.
It would suck but all signs are pointing to a period of rebuilding and we need youth.

PatsSuck456 said:
Other than Welker, there is not a player there that is worth keeping.

As for Zach, It would not suprise me to see him get traded.
It would suck but all signs are pointing to a period of rebuilding and we need youth.

you don't think Bell is worth keeping?

Back
Top Bottom