Zim’s Grades for Game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades for Game

It seems my grade thread has become somewhat contentious. Let me state that the opinions expressed in this thread are mine and not of the management nor ownership nor the Miami Dolphins organization. If you disagre, so be it. Feel free to state your opinions as well. This thread is meant to start a conversation. Nothing more.

With that out of the way...... Wow what a game! What a win! What a time to be a Dolphin fan! On to the grades:

QB - A : That was Tua’s second game in the NFL? Are you kidding me? Poise, accuracy, heart, desire. Just Wow. It normally takes 3 years to see what we saw yesterday. The future is really bright for the Dolphins.

RB’s - C- : I’m guessing we’re going to need RB help in the off-season. Jordan Howard is SLOW. He did take this grade from a D to a D+ with the end of game 8 yard run and the TD. We need more from this group.

WR’s - B+ : Good game from this group overall. Parker caught everything thrown his way. Williams looked good before the foot injury. Grant had a few catches. Nice day overall.

OL - C - : A complete up and down day. Jackson was a little rusty for sure. Tua was sacked and pressured. The RB’s didn’t have a lot of space to work with. Not a great day but they did just enough to get the win.

TE’s - B+ : Gesicki with a few nice catches. Hollins with a great catch for a TD. By the way....Who is Hollins? I’m pretty sure he was my UPS driver a month ago. Anyway....Nice game by the TE’s

DL - B - : Another scoop and score for the combination of Ogbah and Lawson. A lot of pressure but they couldn’t catch Murray. Wilkins has got to stop jumping on people when he gets happy. I should subtract a letter grade just for that alone. BUT......They held when they had to which took this grade up from a C to a B-

LB’s - C+ : Van Noy was good. Baker wasn’t really notable. Van Ginkle was Average. Murray is tough to bring down and it showed yesterday.

DB’s - C - : This is the grade I struggled with the most. I was going to give this crew a D. X was collecting PI’s like most kids collect baseball cards. Jones got Roasted by Kirk for a long TD. We play so much cover 0 and it is so tough to cover a good receiver for 3 seconds. Especially with the safeties playing in the box. Not their best game....But good enough.

ST’s - A : Sanders gets this grade. A 56 yarder and a 50 yarder? Awesome. 20/20 for the year. Nice.

Coaching and Front Office - A - : 5 Assistants out with COVID. I guess we know who the weak 5 are now. I Kid. Good overall gameplan. A little too much cover 0 for me on D. Good offensive play calling. This team is going places.
Excellent review. The ol was bad and the rbs are bad. This group needs to be upgraded. The interior of the line needs more push. Run game is probably the weakest part of this team.

Hollins is a Wr and not a TE. I think you are short changing the Dline, they went after Murray all day and fast. He was just faster, The effort was insane so not sure if they could have done much more. A in my book because of the way they went after it. As far as DBs go I would definitely go B, the effort that Howard showed was infectious and was called for a bad interference call that was bogus as he was going for the ball. They were up against major league WRs and in the end won. So many times guys were covered Murray had his issues.
Agree w this take. I’ll take the PIs over getting roasted by a guy like Hopkins. Sometimes those don’t get called. Very NE style coverage when facing great WRs. D line couldn’t have given any more effort than that. Murray is a freak - as in freak athlete. Our guys got after him as hard as they could. I saw at least one errant deep throw to an open WR as a result of him being pressured by the big guys up front.

TE’s - B+ : . Hollins with a great catch for a TD. By the way....Who is Hollins? I’m pretty sure he was my UPS driver a month ago. Anyway....Nice game by the TE’s
Dude - Mack Hollins joined the Miami Dolphins on Dec 4th, 2019. He's been on the team for the past 11 months. He's even played every game this season for the Dolphins (mainly on special teams). He's a big WR. 6'4" 221 lbs. Coach Flo even mentioned him by name in his press conference last week saying that he's training well at practice.
You may be surprised to learn that he was a 4th round Draft pick by the Philadelphia Eagles out of North Carolina and played 3 seasons for them 2017 - 2019. He even played in the Eagles Super Bowl victory on special teams and has a Super Bowl ring.

I doubt that Big Mack was your UPS driver a month ago - they don't make brown shorts big enough to fit him, but if he was - I bet that he delivered on time.

Last edited:
Dude - Mack Hollins joined the Miami Dolphins on Dec 4th, 2019. He's been on the team for the past 11 months. He's even played every game this season for the Dolphins (mainly on special teams). He's a big WR. 6'4" 221 lbs. Coach Flo even mentioned him by name in his press conference last week saying that he's training well at practice.
You may be surprised to learn that he was a 4th round Draft pick by the Philadelphia Eagles out of North Carolina and played 3 seasons for them 2017 - 2019. He even played in the Eagles Super Bowl victory on special teams and has a Super Bowl ring.

I doubt that Big Mack was a UPS driver a month ago, but if he was - I bet that he delivered on time.
I thought he was a another TE we picked up from the waiver wire.

At first look I thought that was Gesicki or Shaheen that made that TD catch......yes he's a big WR
On GMFB, Brandt did the replays for the game, and that was one of the three replays they showed in the first hour. Brandt called him Gesicki.

As an aside, when the two announcers spent ten minutes talking about Fitzgerald's interest in golf, they called Williams Parker and quickly went back to the golf crap.

I thought after the first series the DL got good pressure but couldn't catch the rabbit. DB's lost a couple battles, that will happen in cover zero, the other guy's get paid too. Think back to the T exican game last year and what happened to X.They fought all game thus some of those PI penalties. DL - B+ DB's - B Good job Zim!

Tua gives me a lot of confidence. I love the way he uses his eyes to help receivers get open. Hard to believe it was his second start. Big win for Miami.

The running game is a big concern.

Murray is a special talent, so elusive. Up there with Lamar Jackson.

Nice thread.

Tua gives me a lot of confidence. I love the way he uses his eyes to help receivers get open. Hard to believe it was his second start. Big win for Miami.

The running game is a big concern.

Murray is a special talent, so elusive. Up there with Lamar Jackson.

Nice thread.

maxresdefault.jpg

these eyes?

Back
Top Bottom