Zito staying in the Bay Area.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zito staying in the Bay Area....

I knew Zito was getting over 100 mill. I didn't think 126 mill (possible 144 with the option) but I knew he wasn't settling for 75 mill from the Muts!

The $126 million deal averages approximately $18 million per season. Zito will be formally introduced by the Giants this afternoon.

The deal, agreed to late Wednesday night, includes an $18 million option for 2014 that could increase the value to $144 million, an unidentified source told The Associated Press.

Insanity! I give him credit, he picked a pitchers park!

I seem to remember a certain guarantee from someone about Zito to the Mets. Oh well. That's a boatload of money, but I would be more concerned about the years. FA deals for pitchers over four years rarely work out. Even though Zito is still young and has always been durable, should something happen, they are on a very large hook for a very long time.

I seem to remember a certain guarantee from someone about Zito to the Mets. Oh well. That's a boatload of money, but I would be more concerned about the years. FA deals for pitchers over four years rarely work out. Even though Zito is still young and has always been durable, should something happen, they are on a very large hook for a very long time.

You will now see the Mets making a trade.

They'll insure his contract so if anything serious happens to him, the insurance company pays. And many insurance company's will want to take on this contract because Zito isn't a flame thrower and has been healthy his whole career, so they won't have any problem finding someone to insure him!

They'll insure his contract so if anything serious happens to him, the insurance company pays. And many insurance company's will want to take on this contract because Zito isn't a flame thrower and has been healthy his whole career, so they won't have any problem finding someone to insure him!

But you are still tied up with that contract.

I would have loved to have Zito, but not for 7 years and 126 million.

But you are still tied up with that contract.

I would have loved to have Zito, but not for 7 years and 126 million.

Yeah, their tied up in it in terms of if Zito stinks, then their paying a pitcher who stinks but as far as if he has a career ending injury, they'll be taken care of, that's what I was referring to (I probably should have been clearer). No doubt it's a risk but IMO if Zito is healthy, he's got 5 good years in him. The last 2 the Giants will probably be paying a mediocre pitcher but that's how contracts work in MLB with the money being spent. GM's are paying these crazy contracts just to get players, not seriously thinking their going to give then 5 or 7 good years!

as a giants fan, that is neato. and they aren't really tying money into him because after next year bonds will be gone and his huge contract. so they will have all that money to make free agent splash. and screw schmidt, they got a younger pitcher that doesn't have as much arm problems. i hope schmidtty rots in dodger blue.

Im so happpy Man!! Finally we have a pitcher!! im a die hard Ginats fan and i like our chances to win world series!!

I know thw infiled and outfield is old as hell but experienced!!

I love the young roation!! cain lowry Morris And now Zito!!

It hsall be a good year for San Fran!! Go Giants

Back
Top Bottom