Zo could say farewell to Miami on Sunday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zo could say farewell to Miami on Sunday

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Alonzo Mourning's decision to play this season was based partly on a request from his son Trey, who boldly predicted 2006 would be the year for the Miami Heat finally to win an NBA championship.

"One more year," Mourning said last summer.
Maybe.

Maybe not.

On the eve of what could be his final home game in a Miami Heat uniform, Mourning said Saturday he hasn't made any decisions about his future - nor had he even realized Sunday's Game 5 of the NBA finals might be his farewell as an active player in South Florida.

"I'll cross that bridge when I get to it," Mourning said. "I really hadn't even thought about it. I'm glad you brought that to my attention. It could be the last time I play in this building."

And it's a building with many memories for Mourning - but they might all pale in comparison to the scene if Miami can beat the Dallas Mavericks on Sunday night and take a 3-2 lead in the title series.

A loss, and an uphill climb awaits - with two road wins in Dallas required for the Heat and Mourning to finally get that championship they've chased for so long. Knowing that, Mourning, who even in a backup role is still considered a team leader, said no fire-and-brimstone speeches will be needed come Sunday.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5679034

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
My thoughts as well...

wow a phin fan in HUNTSVILLE...i met one before but i thought i was the only one

Alonzo Mourning of all people deserve to get a ring to cap off his career. I hope the Heat can win tonight and pull off the upset at Dallas and do it. He has always been one of my favorite players ever. When he first came to the heat I always found him so intimidating because of his mean facial expressions. He has mellowed out so much but still plays with fire. I bet he could start now for many teams and do well. Its amazing someone with something as serious and life threatening as a KIDNEY PROBLEM can still be playing in the NBA now.

My best friend once played golf with him at the Biltmore many many years ago. He told me he is a nice guy but a bad golfer :D

Hope Zo goes out with a ring....he deserves one just like Charles Barkley deserved one. :rolleyes:

yea for alonzo to finish his career with a ring with the heat would be a remarkable story, and it will be sad to see if this is the last time he will play in front of a miami crowd...however as recent as 2 weeks ago i heard a rumor that the knicks were interested in ZO and were possibly going to try and persuade him to play in the garden for one more year

He deserves a ring...hopefully he'll win...

Back
Top Bottom