Zo to have his Jersey Retired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zo to have his Jersey Retired

CedarPhin

King of the Moondoggers
Club Member
Reaction score
Got this in my email today:
March 30 vs. Orlando Magic For many seasons, HEAT all-time great Alonzo Mourning was an integral part of your Miami HEAT. As you know, Alonzo recently announced his retirement from professional basketball. On Monday, March 30 the HEAT will honor Zo's contributions to the team and the South Florida community by officially retiring Number 33.

It will be a historic night as Mourning's jersey will be the first HEAT jersey raised to the rafters and retired during a special halftime presentation. Join us as we celebrate Alonzo Mourning-leader, warrior, champion.

Great news for a very well-deserving player.

cool, who should be the second player though, any thoughts. rony, tim, minor..jk

Oh God. He was nothing but a choker until he rode Wade and Shaq's coattails to a title. This man also wanted out when he didn't think Miami was good enough to win(he didn't realize HE was a big part of that reason) but crawled back after Miami acquired Championship talent.

Oh God. He was nothing but a choker until he rode Wade and Shaq's coattails to a title. This man also wanted out when he didn't think Miami was good enough to win(he didn't realize HE was a big part of that reason) but crawled back after Miami acquired Championship talent.

But he's still the greatest player in Heat history.....(Until Wade retires)

I was never really a big Zo' guy, i never thought he was all that great of a player, and i completely agree with about him choking. Against the Knicks every year!

But he's still the greatest player in Heat history.....(Until Wade retires)

I was never really a big Zo' guy, i never thought he was all that great of a player, and i completely agree with about him choking. Against the Knicks every year!

I know Wade hasn't played that long but he's the best player in heat history and if not him it has to be harold Miner:D

Zo was a great player and would have been a lot greater had he not had the kidney illness. Get over yourself...

Thank god somebody's number is getting retired. Right now, the only two numbers retired by the Heat are 23 and 13 for Michael Jordan and Dan Marino. I might be the biggest Marino fanboy there is but come on! And the Jordan thing is just flat out stupid. What the hell was Riley thinking?

Zo is definitely deserving of being the first guy to have his number retired. He was a damn good player in his prime, he just ran into Patrick Ewing and of course, Dennis Rodman with the Bulls at the wrong time. And his work in the community over the years is only matched by Marino.

I think Hardaway's number (10) gets retired next year. Riley has said before that he wanted Zo to be the first Heat player to have his jersey hung up in the rafters so I think he was just waiting for Zo to retire before he did something for Tim.

Thank god somebody's number is getting retired. Right now, the only two numbers retired by the Heat are 23 and 13 for Michael Jordan and Dan Marino. I might be the biggest Marino fanboy there is but come on! And the Jordan thing is just flat out stupid. What the hell was Riley thinking?

Zo is definitely deserving of being the first guy to have his number retired. He was a damn good player in his prime, he just ran into Patrick Ewing and of course, Dennis Rodman with the Bulls at the wrong time. And his work in the community over the years is only matched by Marino.

I think Hardaway's number (10) gets retired next year. Riley has said before that he wanted Zo to be the first Heat player to have his jersey hung up in the rafters so I think he was just waiting for Zo to retire before he did something for Tim.

Wasn't Jordan's # retired due to all of the good games he had against us throughout his career?

Zo was a great player and would have been a lot greater had he not had the kidney illness. Get over yourself...

GOOD player and his prime was over w/ by the time he had his kidney ailment so he had plenty of time to actually lead his team to Championships especially after Jordan retired. he couldn't do it then he demanded a trade from Miami so he could go to a winner then stole money from the Nets and Raptors before piggy backing on Shaq and wade to win a title. The Nets especially took a huge gamble on him and he paid them back by taking their money and stabbing them in the back.

Back
Top Bottom