Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster

But people are saying we suck and don’t have any talent. How are all these good players not making the roster?

/s
No, people are saying last year we were much more talented, which is obvious.

You might be surprised the effect that just a tasteful necktie alone could have.

It would add credibility. Of course matching high heels is also an option........

I know I would take notice.........

Edit: I got it....... Dolphin logo pasties.....

Nah, a Miami Dolphins banana-hammock

Hole at LB? Where? Our 5th or 6th LB?
Brooks, Long, Walker, Riley, Tindall, Brown

We have really good LBers and Edge for the 1st time in a very long time.
All those guys you listed have been decent at times but you feel that strongly about that group?? I guess we will see I think those LBs are solid but I would love some bigger more physical tough LBs maybe that’s a pipe dream for the Phins

A player that I like on the Dolphins roster that usually gets dismissed as training camp fodder and not much more... Chasen Hines.

Hines was drafted by the Patriots in 2022 and missed most of the year due to injury. Was then snapped up by Miami at the end of the 2023 training camp and stashed on the ps for 2023.

He's 6'3 and 320, similar in size to Robert Jones, moves well for his size.

A player that I like on the Dolphins roster that usually gets dismissed as training camp fodder and not much more... Chasen Hines.

Hines was drafted by the Patriots in 2022 and missed most of the year due to injury. Was then snapped up by Miami at the end of the 2023 training camp and stashed on the ps for 2023.

He's 6'3 and 320, similar in size to Robert Jones, moves well for his size.

As a third year player, the demand is that he rise to the roster... or go.
The size and pedigree say 'maybe'...
His target is Robert Jones. He has to be better than Jones to stick.

Just back of the envelope stuff. I cut it to 54 so just imagine one of these is on PUP (maybe Phillips or Chubb).
Take a look at the players that I cut. A LOT of those guys will get picked up... and I didnt keep a single UDFA... not even the ones we gave big guarantees.

Offense (25)

QB: (3)
Tua
White
Thompson

RB: (3)
Wright
Mostert
Achane

WR (6)
Hill
Waddle
M. Washington
Ezukanma
Berrios
T. Washington

TE (4)
Jonnu
Hill
Smythe
Ingold

OL (9)
Armstead
Wynn
Brewer
Eichenberg
Jackson
Paul
Lamm
Driscoll
(Open)

Defense (26)

DL (6)
Sieler
Tart
Benito
Hand
Gallimore
Harris

LB (5)
Long
Walker
Riley
Brooks
Brown or Tindall

Edge (5)
Phillips
Chubb
Chop
Barrett
Kamara

CB (6)
Ramsey
Fuller
Cam S.
Kohou
Needham or Neal
Bonner

S (4)
Holland
Poyer
Campbell
McMorris

Sp (3)
Sanders
Ferguson
Bailey

Off
Fortson
Tindall
Cracraft
Robert S.
Cotton
Kion S.
Hayes
Conner
Wilson
Brooks
Ahmed
Pili
Goode
(Others)

Yes, I know... a bunch of screaming will happen from the anti-Eich brigade... those who only want 2 QBs... and the Brooks lovers, but brothers.... I went with the vets over the projections, at least for now. We're on a playoff run and I believe the staff will keep the younger vets.

Yes... there's NO WAY this is gonna happen exactly like this... it's just an early projection. Any vet WR signed will necessitate a cut, though I left a spot for a late-signing of a lineman.

Good luck. Your mileage may differ.
I love posts like this, thanks for the thoughts and process. You may not have it spot on (none of us can know), but there's a lot of sense there.

A lot of fringe players on our books based on that list. Not such a bad thing considering our depth issues in recent years. Challenge will be keeping the guys on the practice squad and not losing them to other teams with roster gaps.

I think Brooks will make it. I don't see us carrying 3 backs with Mostert's injury history and the potential with Achane's small frame. That bit us in the rear last year and should be a concern going into this year. But whom to cut to make room is the question. Things are looking up when you're struggling with the decision of whom to release. Good post and I mostly agree with your take...
:UP:
Achane put on what looked like 10-12 lbs. of muscle so far, in this off season. He needed a little more weight to not get banged up every other play. I love Achane and I see him destroying other teams behind an improved oline and a stronger physique. I was surprised to see us go RB in this draft. We are kind of loaded but they must have loved the player.

If your biggest weakness on your entire roster is Eichenberg/Jones/Drischoll at right guard then you have one hell of a talented roster.

I don’t see talent being an issue with the 2024 Dolphins.
Mostly agree, but Brewer is also unproven and if he goes down we have no viable backup-- last year showed Eich ain't it.

Hoping Brooks can do enough FB things that Miami moves on from Ingold. He's significantly worse than some of the guys that won't make it. Love the person - seems like such a good, nice guy. I view him as a net-negative player, though.
If not Brooks will be fighting for a roster spot that he may not get. I really like him as a player too but that roster spot is very valuable. Need to see it. :ffic:

Back
Top Bottom