QB Comparison: Tua vs Goff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Comparison: Tua vs Goff

killerb58

Master of Reality
Reaction score
Dolphins fan for years. I am not a rah rah guy for players. I am a team fan. But, let's talk about the hot topic one last time.

Expected deal coming Tua's way: Goff just signed a big 4 year $212 million deal, of which $170 mil is guaranteed.

So with that said, lets compare the two on performance over the last two years:

Tua - TD. Int . QB. Ratio / Goff . TD. Int . QB Ratio
54. 22. 102.9 59. 19. 98.6
W - L. 19-11 / 0-1 playoffs . W - L 21-13. / 2-1 playoffs

When looking at bothg you can clearly see how close they are in comparison. Based on this, one could guess that Tua should find a deal coming his way in the range of a 4 year deal from 48 -51 million per year. Dolphins would be smart to front load it and match the guaranteed that Goff got from Detroit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think 2 playoff wins to 0 is close.
Not sure how relevant that is here. I understand what you are saying, but Tua has only had one crack at it with a team decimated by injuries, against a back to back Championship team, on the road, in arctic conditions.

Now you can say some of that could have been avoided if we simply beat Tennessee. That is valid. On the other hand, I don't lay that loss totally at Tua's feet. The vaunted Fangio defense should have been able to stop a subpar Titan's offense at least once at the end.

You give Tua 50 mil you won’t have him play with Tyreek because they’d account for 100 mil between the two of them. He’ll have to prove he can play without him.
Not necessarily. Goff is playing with the highest paid WR in the NFL. Not to mention the fact that they also have the highest paid OL player in the NFL.

I think the Dolphins can figure out how to make the salaries work if they really want to.

Not necessarily. Goff is playing with the highest paid WR in the NFL. Not to mention the fact that they also have the highest paid OL player in the NFL.

I think the Dolphins can figure out how to make the salaries work if they really want to.
Maybe.

Spotrac has Detroit at having 23.9 mil in cap space this year whereas Miami before Howard’s 6/1 cut at 1.897 mil.

As of now Miami is -5.4 million against the cap in 2025 because Hill’s cap hit is 34.2, Chubb is 29.3, Ramsey is 26.2, and Armstead is 22.1.

Detroit on the other hand (without updated Goff numbers) has 95.2 mil in space in 2025. They only have 4 players who are over 10 mil whereas Miami has 9 not counting Tua.

You give Tua 50 mil you won’t have him play with Tyreek because they’d account for 100 mil between the two of them. He’ll have to prove he can play without him.
Tua will get $50M+, so it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Tyreek will be here for two more years max, and Tua will (ideally) be here for 10+ years. He'll play with plenty of other receivers who are not named Tyreek.

Not sure how relevant that is here. I understand what you are saying, but Tua has only had one crack at it with a team decimated by injuries, against a back to back Championship team, on the road, in arctic conditions.

Now you can say some of that could have been avoided if we simply beat Tennessee. That is valid. On the other hand, I don't lay that loss totally at Tua's feet. The vaunted Fangio defense should have been able to stop a subpar Titan's offense at least once at the end.

Only had one crack at it because he was injured which also should be factored into the comparison. It’s also convenient to go back only two seasons and omit Goff’s NFC championship win. This fan base only includes QB wins if it validates their argument. (Herbert)

Back
Top Bottom