05 1st Round Busts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

05 1st Round Busts

SMadison29 said:
Pac-Man hasn't been a bust. You guys are taking into account his off the field stuff too much. He's #3 in the NFL in kickoff return average & is starting at CB.

There is no doubt that he is a very good returner. But the problem is that he is getting burnt and making little dumb mistakes.

Ace88 said:
There is no doubt that he is a very good returner. But the problem is that he is getting burnt and making little dumb mistakes.
he had a GREAT game against someone this year (forgot who), a lot better than most rookie CBs. still, i think he'll end up being a bust

As of right now, I'd say Benson is the bigges bust. He was drafted at #4 and has not done anything. In the few games he has played, he looked tenative and not real powerful.

kastofsna120 said:
the ones i picked to be busts:

alex smith
cadillac
pacman jones
demarcus ware
shawne merriman
erasmus james
fabian washington
jason campbell
roddy white
mike patterson

i'm not confident in any of those to say they've proven me wrong

of those guys...

alex smith-Probably. He'll need to get use to a pro offense

cadillac-only if Gruden wears him out

pacman jones-Hasn't done that great as a cb, but he has a future as a KR/PR

demarcus ware-4 sacks last 4 games, not bad

shawne merriman-he's gotten better each game he's played, but nothing that great so far.

erasmus james-right now, looks like it

fabian washington-definatly, he was a 1st rounder because of speed alone

jason campbell-Don't know yet, probably only because he rose up so fast

roddy white-I don't think so, but I doubt he'll succeed in Atlanta (I doubt many WRs will succeed in Atlanta)

mike patterson-He has a couple of sacks, but he has been a liability in the run defense.

Other guys I'll add

Cedric Benson-self-endosed. He held out, hasn't showed that much when he's in games, and Thomas Jones is having a career season.

Mike Williams-Not because I think he's a bad player, but I don't see him having much success in Detroit (see Roddy White)

Travis Johnson-Not a good fit for the 3-4.

Chris Spencer-Huge project to begin with.

ChambersWI said:
fabian washington-definatly, he was a 1st rounder because of speed alone.

well since i went to school with Fabian ive been keeping up with him. first couple games he didnt get any playing time what so ever except special teams, their 2nd round rookie CB was playing over him. but the last 3 games i think he has been starting opposite Charles Woodson and they dont throw to Fabos side much. so hes lookin good right now.

There's no such thing as a bust 6 games into your career. That said, the guy that has been given the oppurtunity to produce and hasn't is Mike Williams. I have seen him drop quite a few of those slants.

With the number one overall pick in the draft the san francisco 49ers select Alex"the big bust of the draft"smith from utah.

:rofl3:THE FUNNY THING IS,I TOLD ALL MY FRIENDS HE WILL BE A BUST AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED

I dont know how you can call anyone a bust not even halfway into the season. :lol:

For a QB, EVERYONE knows its a good 2-3 year evaulation period. Would you all call Carson Palmer a bust? Someone remind me the numbers he put up his first year. :lol: Along with Carson, I can name a good chunk of QBs who put up horrible first year numbers where a handful of them are now in the hall of fame. Would you guys call them a bust after game 6? :rofl3:

Philter25 said:
I dont know how you can call anyone a bust not even halfway into the season. :lol:

For a QB, EVERYONE knows its a good 2-3 year evaulation period. Would you all call Carson Palmer a bust? Someone remind me the numbers he put up his first year. :lol: Along with Carson, I can name a good chunk of QBs who put up horrible first year numbers where a handful of them are now in the hall of fame. Would you guys call them a bust after game 6? :rofl3:
what the hell are you talking about? palmer's first year was damn good. that's the worst example you could've possibly come up with

I think someone needs to clarify the difference between players who are considered bust. A 1st round bust is someone who over the course of their career never justify why they were selected as high as they were(Ryan Leaf). A bust is not someone like Cedric Benson who doesn't get the opportunity to play because the other running back on the team is having a career year. No way in high heaven is Alex Smith considered a bust, yet. One bad game does not mean it will continue throughout his career.
1st rd bust examples- Sammie Smith, Ryan Leaf, Dan Wilkerson, Steve Etman, Ki-Jana Carter, Rashaan Salaam, Brian Bosworth, so on and soforth.

so, not getting the chance to play makes someone a bust, but getting injured does? carter never was the same after his season-ending injury his rookie year

kastofsna120 said:
so, not getting the chance to play makes someone a bust, but getting injured does? carter never was the same after his season-ending injury his rookie year

Yes, Ki-Jana Carter was a bust. He was drafted #1 overall and has I think less than 1,000 career yards. Regardless of the injuries he had numerous chances to resurrect his career but failed. Cedric Benson is yet to be called a bust because he hasn't haven't the opportunity to display what he can do yet. I still don't know why Chicago drafted him when they had Jones already. I had them pegged to draft Mike Williams.

Back
Top Bottom