05 1st Round Busts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

05 1st Round Busts

kastofsna120 said:
what the hell are you talking about? palmer's first year was damn good. that's the worst example you could've possibly come up with

In 2003, when Palmer was drafted, what were his numbers? :lol: If 0's across the board is a "damn good" year for you, then I agree. :lol: Take that to the bank smart@$$. :lol:

My point was its a 2-3 year evaluation period for QBs. You cant tell how good they are after their first year, point being PALMER DIDNT PLAY his first year. Why didnt he play? Because it takes time for rookie QBs to learn the offense. Rookie QBs on a wholescale level either a) struggle their first year, b) spend most or ALL of the year on the bench to learn the offense, c) have freak years like Roethlisberger which happens once every decade.

Want other examples? How about Drew Brees? Peyton Manning had an iffy first year. Eli Manning had an iffy first year. Heck, Jake Delhomme had a horrible first FIVE years in the league. Would you call any of these guys busts because they struggled or had limited action in their first year?

All these guys either had limited action their first year struggling when they played or spent a lot of time onthe bench learning the offense.

NorthFloridaFin said:
I think someone needs to clarify the difference between players who are considered bust. A 1st round bust is someone who over the course of their career never justify why they were selected as high as they were(Ryan Leaf). A bust is not someone like Cedric Benson who doesn't get the opportunity to play because the other running back on the team is having a career year. No way in high heaven is Alex Smith considered a bust, yet. One bad game does not mean it will continue throughout his career.
1st rd bust examples- Sammie Smith, Ryan Leaf, Dan Wilkerson, Steve Etman, Ki-Jana Carter, Rashaan Salaam, Brian Bosworth, so on and soforth.

Thank you. Without even completing a full year of football, its IMPOSSIBLE to peg anyone as a bust yet.

Philter25 said:
In 2003, when Palmer was drafted, what were his numbers? :lol: If 0's across the board is a "damn good" year for you, then I agree. :lol: Take that to the bank smart@$$. :lol:

My point was its a 2-3 year evaluation period for QBs. You cant tell how good they are after their first year, point being PALMER DIDNT PLAY his first year. Why didnt he play? Because it takes time for rookie QBs to learn the offense. Rookie QBs on a wholescale level either a) struggle their first year, b) spend most or ALL of the year on the bench to learn the offense, c) have freak years like Roethlisberger which happens once every decade.

Want other examples? How about Drew Brees? Peyton Manning had an iffy first year. Eli Manning had an iffy first year. Heck, Jake Delhomme had a horrible first FIVE years in the league. Would you call any of these guys busts because they struggled or had limited action in their first year?

All these guys either had limited action their first year struggling when they played or spent a lot of time onthe bench learning the offense.
:rolleyes: a rookie QB who doesn't even play isn't having a bad year. that's pretty ridiculous. and peyton manning had a great rookie year. don't be an idiot and twist logic to your own perception

kastofsna120 said:
:rolleyes: a rookie QB who doesn't even play isn't having a bad year. that's pretty ridiculous. and peyton manning had a great rookie year. don't be an idiot and twist logic to your own perception

:rolleyes: I never said Carson had a bad rookie year. RE-read my post. I said would people call him a bust BECAUSE he didnt play his rookie year. Alex Smith has only played one single game and didnt play his first 4 games. The one poster was calling Alex Smith a bust, he hasnt played a complete season and was on the bench for the first couple of games.

It was an example. If someone is going to call Alex Smith a bust after 1 game, I asked them if they would call Carson a bust because he sat his entire first year.

Peyton Manning didnt have a great rookie year either, Ben Roethlisberger had a great rookie year, Peyton had an iffy rookie year. Peyton threw a lot of INTs his rookie year before he got up to speed with the NFL and had a great second year.

Like I said numerous times before, its a 2-3 year evaluation period for a QB and calling any rookie QB a bust after 6 games is completely moronic. Hence why in my posts I didnt call ANY QB a bust until at least after their second year.

Nobody is a bust right now. This is just their first year.

For all those Fabian Washington doubters, he sure didn't look like a bust making a BIG tackle on Willis Mcgahee today. Showing he's got more than that famous 4.28 speed...

Pink_Dove said:
For all those Fabian Washington doubters, he sure didn't look like a bust making a BIG tackle on Willis Mcgahee today. Showing he's got more than that famous 4.28 speed...
yeah, i always change my mind on players when they make one tackle behind the line of scrimmage on a runningback that was stuffed in the backfield by the other players on the defense earlier in the play. greeeeeat point

I forget who F. Washington got drafted by. I can't remember for the life of me

KB21 said:
Nobody is a bust right now. This is just their first year.

True, people may underacheive in there first year but a bad first year dosnt make a bust. Last year Vernon Carey played so badly in practice he couldent even get any PT, now with new coaching he is our starting RT and may turn out to a player. Still needs to improve but I dont think most people would call him a bust.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Yes, Ki-Jana Carter was a bust. He was drafted #1 overall and has I think less than 1,000 career yards. Regardless of the injuries he had numerous chances to resurrect his career but failed. Cedric Benson is yet to be called a bust because he hasn't haven't the opportunity to display what he can do yet. I still don't know why Chicago drafted him when they had Jones already. I had them pegged to draft Mike Williams.
Kijana WASNT a bust. Its not a given a player can recover from a serious injury (Bo Jackson).

kastofsna120 said:
yeah, i always change my mind on players when they make one tackle behind the line of scrimmage on a runningback that was stuffed in the backfield by the other players on the defense earlier in the play. greeeeeat point

The point was...if Fabian Washington was a bust as you are all claiming (even though you probably havn't watched a single Raiders game) he wouldn't even be on the damn field at this point. Instead he's playing one of the hardest positions out there and making plays.

Back
Top Bottom