05 1st Round Busts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

05 1st Round Busts

Pink_Dove said:
The point was...if Fabian Washington was a bust as you are all claiming (even though you probably havn't watched a single Raiders game) he wouldn't even be on the damn field at this point. Instead he's playing one of the hardest positions out there and making plays.

truth, like i said, i watch almost every Raiders game to keep up with Fabo cause i went to school with him. he didnt play a single down other than special teams, the first couple games, since then hes been starting and not getting thrown on much.

Pink_Dove said:
The point was...if Fabian Washington was a bust as you are all claiming (even though you probably havn't watched a single Raiders game) he wouldn't even be on the damn field at this point. Instead he's playing one of the hardest positions out there and making plays.
first of all, he hasn't played enough to be benched for being a bust. the point is that you singled out ONE play he's made since he's been in the NFL, why? because that's the ONLY thing he's done. in fact that's the only tackle he made in that game. he didn't even start. this guy was drafted for his speed and ONLY his speed. he's NOT a good cover corner

kastofsna120 said:
first of all, he hasn't played enough to be benched for being a bust. the point is that you singled out ONE play he's made since he's been in the NFL, why? because that's the ONLY thing he's done. in fact that's the only tackle he made in that game. he didn't even start. this guy was drafted for his speed and ONLY his speed. he's NOT a good cover corner

.......wrong

In 2003, when Palmer was drafted, what were his numbers? If 0's across the board is a "damn good" year for you, then I agree. Take that to the bank smart@$$.

I put up those same #s that year :lol:

Alex Smith has only played one single game and didnt play his first 4 games. The one poster was calling Alex Smith a bust, he hasnt played a complete season and was on the bench for the first couple of games.

IMO he was a bust when he was drafted. I am so glad San Fran took him & not us. His completion % & QB rating are pretty attractive. It's not going to get any better this week vs Tampa.

Joneal7 said:
my spider sence is telling me there is tension between a few members

im fine with everyone. i like arguing with people that like to argue, makes it fun. specially someone that usually knows his stuff.

SMadison29 said:
IMO he was a bust when he was drafted. I am so glad San Fran took him & not us. His completion % & QB rating are pretty attractive. It's not going to get any better this week vs Tampa.

this is the concept people are having trouble grasping. yes, no one is offically a bust, but in our opinions so and so will be and is.....

and also, yes im also very happy SF took him. i thought he was to much of a project to take top 10 even.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Yes, Ki-Jana Carter was a bust. He was drafted #1 overall and has I think less than 1,000 career yards. Regardless of the injuries he had numerous chances to resurrect his career but failed. Cedric Benson is yet to be called a bust because he hasn't haven't the opportunity to display what he can do yet. I still don't know why Chicago drafted him when they had Jones already. I had them pegged to draft Mike Williams.

Injuries shouldn't make someone a bust. Poor play does. Just like Yatil Green, he wasn't a bust. He just couldn't stay healthy. Nothing he really has control over.

Nappy Roots said:
.......wrong
......right. go watch some nebraska games from the past 2 seasons. he's good on the deep routes and strict man-to-man, but with every other aspect of being a CB, he's pretty average. of course, washington looks like a brilliant pick compared to stanford routt in the 2nd round

kastofsna120 said:
......right. go watch some nebraska games from the past 2 seasons. he's good on the deep routes and strict man-to-man, but with every other aspect of being a CB, he's pretty average. of course, washington looks like a brilliant pick compared to stanford routt in the 2nd round

i watched every one of their games.....including his first when he had an int for the td, and including his others when he got burnt deep trying to make a big play. in his 3 seasons in Nebraska he shut down that side of the field with an exception of a few times where he got burnt deep. him and safety bullocks were main reasons the "black shirt" defense had came back to Nebraska, and soon as they left....:shakeno:

The fact of the matter this past year was the worst year for qbs since 2000 when the only 1st rounder was Chad Pennington. Even though this year really doesnt out shine last year by a mile its much better just with Leinart coing out cause you have a qb who is truely a top 5 pick. Also heres some more news Vince Young has already stated that hes not coming out for the draft unless his team wins the national title which imo looks very unlikely and Omar Jacobs breaking his collar bone i severely doubt he comes out early. So it looks right now with QBs like Kellen Clemens, Reggie McNeal, Jay Cutler, Charlie Whitehurst, and Brodie Croyle. It wouldnt shock me now if 2-3 of those guys snuck into the first round based on Vince Young and Omar Jacobs not gonna be declaring. Also with these events taking place Brady Quinn would be smart to declare now actually cause his stock is never gonnna be higher then it is now

Nappy Roots said:
i watched every one of their games.....including his first when he had an int for the td, and including his others when he got burnt deep trying to make a big play. in his 3 seasons in Nebraska he shut down that side of the field with an exception of a few times where he got burnt deep. him and safety bullocks were main reasons the "black shirt" defense had came back to Nebraska, and soon as they left....:shakeno:
that's weird because nebraska's defense is ranked a LOT higher this year than last year. this year, they pretty much shut down texas tech's offense. last year? not so much. washington is an average corner and certainly didn't add to the nebraska black shirt lore by any means. how many first round cornerbacks are honorable mention all-conference? wouldn't you want a player who's....oh i dunno....FIRST TEAM all-conference? no one mentioned his name as a first round pick till his 40 time. and we all know al davis loves speed. watch the games again, because clearly you missed something

kastofsna120 said:
that's weird because nebraska's defense is ranked a LOT higher this year than last year. this year, they pretty much shut down texas tech's offense. last year? not so much. washington is an average corner and certainly didn't add to the nebraska black shirt lore by any means. how many first round cornerbacks are honorable mention all-conference? wouldn't you want a player who's....oh i dunno....FIRST TEAM all-conference? no one mentioned his name as a first round pick till his 40 time. and we all know al davis loves speed. watch the games again, because clearly you missed something

See that's the problem. You're basing your opinion on Washington's college career. I could try to defend his college career because after all he did start on a Nebraska team as a true freshman setting school freshman season records for pass deflections (13) and interceptions (four) to earn freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News and went on to have a productive 3 years (ranks 4th or 5th can't remember on the all-time INT list).
Or that Nebraska isn't better because Washington left :rolleyes: but because defensively they've put a lot more pressure on the QB (already 38 sacks compared to only 25 last year) with fabulous freshman Barry Turner having 5 sacks already. That's why they have a better defense. Or maybe we should ask them if they're better off now that their first round pick is gone ?

But that's not the point. The point is you're stuck on Fabian Washington being a low first rounder while some experts had him as an early second rounder.
So the guy must be a bust, picked that high, all he's got is speed right.
In 6 games he's got 9 tackles and 2 defended passes. That's far from being a bust.

Pink_Dove said:
See that's the problem. You're basing your opinion on Washington's college career. I could try to defend his college career because after all he did start on a Nebraska team as a true freshman setting school freshman season records for pass deflections (13) and interceptions (four) to earn freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News and went on to have a productive 3 years (ranks 4th or 5th can't remember on the all-time INT list).
Or that Nebraska isn't better because Washington left :rolleyes: but because defensively they've put a lot more pressure on the QB (already 38 sacks compared to only 25 last year) with fabulous freshman Barry Turner having 5 sacks already. That's why they have a better defense. Or maybe we should ask them if they're better off now that their first round pick is gone ?

But that's not the point. The point is you're stuck on Fabian Washington being a low first rounder while some experts had him as an early second rounder.
So the guy must be a bust, picked that high, all he's got is speed right.
In 6 games he's got 9 tackles and 2 defended passes. That's far from being a bust.
he shouldn't have been drafted in day 1. he's a bust until he can prove he's worth the high pick. once again, he was only considered a low 2nd round pick by the "experts" because of his 40 time. mel kiper never mentioned his name before, then on his mock draft following the combines, he added him and talked ONLY of his speed in his little analysis. he was just an AVERAGE college CB with good speed, and he won't be anything more than that in the NFL

kastofsna120 said:
he shouldn't have been drafted in day 1. he's a bust until he can prove he's worth the high pick. once again, he was only considered a low 2nd round pick by the "experts" because of his 40 time. mel kiper never mentioned his name before, then on his mock draft following the combines, he added him and talked ONLY of his speed in his little analysis. he was just an AVERAGE college CB with good speed, and he won't be anything more than that in the NFL

Fabo came out as a junior. he knew he was good enough to play in the NFL. he would of been probably a 3rd round corner before his 40 time. i thought it was a mistake to leave early just because his junior year was probably his worst season in nebraska. but im going to say it again, hes playing extremely well right now for Oakland, they arent throwing to his side much, and he earned that job, he wasnt thrown on the field because he was a first round pick like most 1st rounders. they didnt play him till he stepped up his game and improved.

im failing to see how a guy can be a bust when hes playing good football...

Back
Top Bottom