05 1st Round Busts | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

05 1st Round Busts

Too early to determine this. Ronnie is on pace to gain 6 more yards in his rookie season than....Ki-Jana Carter.

PacMan is not a bust. He has been playing very well this season. FYI, interceptions are not the core determinant in a CBs success.

The first few posts I read I saw Patterson, Ware and Merriman. All have been playing excellent so I'm a little confused at that.

My number 1 bust so far would be Alex Smith. Purely because he's sucked. I don't think he'll end up being a bust but it's way too early to know anything.

It's really unfair to call Alex Smith or the rookies with little playing time a bust. People has got to realize that Smith basicly has not talent around him and they also don't have a running game that will help him out. There WR's are below adverage and the OL isn't blocking well. Once he has talent, then he should start rolling.

Ace88 said:
It's really unfair to call Alex Smith or the rookies with little playing time a bust. People has got to realize that Smith basicly has not talent around him and they also don't have a running game that will help him out. There WR's are below adverage and the OL isn't blocking well. Once he has talent, then he should start rolling.

Actually there running game is pretty good and there recievers arent really that bad and there oline is blocking pretty good. Hes just a rookie

no one can be called a bust yet and no one can officially be called not a bust yet. Its just a ton of speculation at this point. It also depends on if you consider someone who gets injured to be a bust. Say Ronnie goes down next game and never plays again, was he a bust?

harman097 said:
no one can be called a bust yet and no one can officially be called not a bust yet. Its just a ton of speculation at this point. It also depends on if you consider someone who gets injured to be a bust. Say Ronnie goes down next game and never plays again, was he a bust?

thats a opinion. many people think bust cant be caused by injury, many people dont.

personally i think bust cant be caused injury, but thats just me.

HysterikiLL said:
PacMan is not a bust. He has been playing very well this season. FYI, interceptions are not the core determinant in a CBs success.

PacMan played horrible @ the beginning, and i dont judge by INTs.

with that said, hes playing very good the last few weeks. titans like what their seeing, thats for sure.

Yeah, I also disagree with Merriman being a bust. If anything he's been making the right plays for that San Diego defense. Not only on defense but he seems to be one of the best special teams players that the Chargers currently have. Boggles my mind he's only a rookie. Busts can't really be judged until their 3rd year in the career. For example, Freddie Mitchell is a bust :-)

Merriman isn't a bust, he is one of the top rookies in the NFL right now. The only guy that I would consider a bust is PacMan Jones. He is only good for returning kicks and he always gets blown up in coverage.

Ace88 said:
Merriman isn't a bust, he is one of the top rookies in the NFL right now. The only guy that I would consider a bust is PacMan Jones. He is only good for returning kicks and he always gets blown up in coverage.

always getting blown up? if by always u mean the first 4 or so weeks, then yes.

kastofsna120 said:
the ones i picked to be busts:

alex smith
cadillac
pacman jones
demarcus ware
shawne merriman
erasmus james
fabian washington
jason campbell
roddy white
mike patterson

i'm not confident in any of those to say they've proven me wrong

get the facts str8 Ware Patterson Merriman and caddie are amazing

I've been more and more impressed with Merriman. I always seem to have the Chargers on (late games) and he is getting better and better.

I think he'll be a pretty good player.

Back
Top Bottom