'08-'09 Miami Heat | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'08-'09 Miami Heat

Of which you can appropriately blame Udonis Hasbum for. Missed 4 gimme layups down the stretch all set up by Wade I think. He was bailed out for FTs on what would of been 5. It was a pitiful. The guys skill set is so limited it's a mystery why we've kept him as a starter for so many years. Wade and Shaq made him look better than he was a I guess.

I understand being upset and all but..Haslem was a HUGE part for our championship...hes not a top 20 player but he does his job, hes a 10-15 point, 10 rebound guy

Haslem is still a bum.

So this is the guy you like starting over Beasley Ferrit? That's strange. --Considering
the story of his career is botched layups and easy opportunites created by Wade and other teamates. Beasley is already more NBA ready than Haslem can dream of being.

Yes, shockingly enough I still think the man should be starting.....even after a bad game.

The Heat need to be rooting for the Cavs to keep that top spot. That's the only team they stand a chance against in the second round. Of course that's assuming they can hang onto the 5th slot in the east.

I understand being upset and all but..Haslem was a HUGE part for our championship...hes not a top 20 player but he does his job, hes a 10-15 point, 10 rebound guy

Yeah, he's great next to Shaq. Shaq isn't here anymore. Haslem is a back up in this league, he's only holding us down. I could think of 20 PFs off the top of my head that are better.

Yes, shockingly enough I still think the man should be starting.....even after a bad game.

How many bad games does he have to have? Have you not taking a notice to his production level in the 4th quarter for the last couple of weeks? Anytime the ball goes to him he ****s the bed.

The rate at which he blows point blank layups should make anybody uneasy. But for some reason most fans love him, I guess cause he's a local. I don't get it. I was especially dissapointed when we didn't trade him after we picked up Beas.

Amazing game for dwade tonight - hard to believe he was 3 rebounds, 1 assist, and 3 steals away from a quadruple double!

How many bad games does he have to have? Have you not taking a notice to his production level in the 4th quarter for the last couple of weeks? Anytime the ball goes to him he ****s the bed.

The rate at which he blows point blank layups should make anybody uneasy. But for some reason most fans love him, I guess cause he's a local. I don't get it. I was especially dissapointed when we didn't trade him after we picked up Beas.

As per 82games.com:

Clutch Statistics ([SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left,
neither team ahead by more than 5 points)

Haslem: 69.6% shooting, avg 10.2 shots per 48 min

I think I can live with that....

The reason people like him, and the reason Riley really likes him, is because the team plays better when hes on the court. And its not because of his scoring prowess. Look at Haslem setting a screen and then look at Beasley. Look how they rotate on defense.....compare the two at boxing their man out, at playing transition defense, at playing post defense.

Beasley has never had to defend anyone in his entire playing career, so its hard to ask him to come in from day one and be effective on that end of the court. Assuming he puts the time in he'll learn, and one of these days should be able to utilize his superior physical attributes to outperform Haslem in all aspects of the game. Its just not going to happen this year.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I like Haslem but when a team gets hot on the 3 point line and starts pulling away like the last few games, we need instant offense. Haslem doesn't help there. Would have we pulled out the Cleveland game last night and the Atlanta game Friday with Beasley in instead of Udonis? Maybe, maybe not. But i think it's time we find out. Someone else has to score and take the burden off Dwade. Beasley is the best man for that job.

As per 82games.com:

Clutch Statistics ([SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left,
neither team ahead by more than 5 points)

Haslem: 69.6% shooting, avg 10.2 shots per 48 min

I think I can live with that....

The reason people like him, and the reason Riley really likes him, is because the team plays better when hes on the court. And its not because of his scoring prowess. Look at Haslem setting a screen and then look at Beasley. Look how they rotate on defense.....compare the two at boxing their man out, at playing transition defense, at playing post defense.

Beasley has never had to defend anyone in his entire playing career, so its hard to ask him to come in from day one and be effective on that end of the court. Assuming he puts the time in he'll learn, and one of these days should be able to utilize his superior physical attributes to outperform Haslem in all aspects of the game. Its just not going to happen this year.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

what stats are you looking at.

55% shooting, that would be great for most players but most of his shots are gimmes that are set up for him so that basicly just means to me that he's missed 45% of his easy put ins.
2.3 ppg(4th quarter) 2 rpg, and i should probably note the 65% FT pct.

http://www.82games.com/0809/QTR4S11.HTM

if you're looking at some in depth stats that i probably won't understand, like PER and what not don't bother. I don't understand it and don't wanna try I like to keep it simple.

I think Beasley is doing well at defense as a rookie. I don't know what player you're watching. Haslem's a solid defender, certainly not special. Yes he does little things well, like box outs and setting screens as you said.

That isn't reason enough for him to be a starter especially not over a rookie who would could be developing at a much more furious pace.

I wonder why Diawara still makes it on the court. I'd rather have Cook at that spot. Diawara sucks.

I like Haslem but when a team gets hot on the 3 point line and starts pulling away like the last few games, we need instant offense.

I like Haslem, he'd be a great hustle player of the bench, not to mention he could give 110% like Zo would do when he was backing up Shaq, since his minutes would be limited. We need a true skilled PF starting asap.

I'd really like to see what the line up of Chalmers Wade Moon Beasley O'neal could do starting. We'd have so much more skill and athleticism out there with Beas and Moon being inserted as starters.

Its not a complicated stat. For the last 5 minutes of meaningful games Haslem makes 69% of his shots. He doesn't take that many shots, but when Wade decides to put the ball in his hands, he does something positive with it.

Its not a complicated stat. For the last 5 minutes of meaningful games Haslem makes 69% of his shots. He doesn't take that many shots, but when Wade decides to put the ball in his hands, he does something positive with it.

According to where you're looking he also scores 18.6 pts in under 5 minutes. He's also perfect from close range according to that page. Both of which is impossible, unless i'm misunderstanding, which you've yet to explain, then those stats have to be inaccurate.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08MIA13.HTM

By FG. FGA FG% eFG% Ast'd Blk'd FTM Pts
48 Min 7.1 10.2 .696 .696 81% 4% 4.4 18.6

I can believe that ast'd % though. actually i expected even a little higher.

Its points extrapolated over a 48 minute period. During those 5 minutes in close games he averages ~2 points. I can't entirely vouch for 82games without the stats myself, but I generally assume they're pretty close. With a sample size that small, 100% is entirely possible.

Although that does bring to light another issue I have with Beasley.....he can't finish inside. How many guys have only 47% of their layups go down? Again, I'm sure it will come in time. I think it was something of a shock to go from getting every call in college to getting nothing in the pros, and his response was to try to avoid contact when trying to finish around the hoop.

Back
Top Bottom