’09 owner rankings, 17-32: Dysfunctional Davis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

’09 owner rankings, 17-32: Dysfunctional Davis

dreday

future of the funk
Reaction score
link

In a surreal scene broadcast across the NFL universe last September, Al Davis busted out a relic of a bygone era to try to convince people he hadn’t lost it. While conducting a long, rambling news conference to announce the firing of Lane Kiffin, the Raiders’ general managing partner used his trusty, possibly rusty, overhead projector to display an admonishing letter he’d written to the second-year coach.

Watching at home, a scout for a rival (and far more professional) organization experienced a euphoric rush of fulfillment. “I love it,” the scout wrote via text message. “The old man’s back with a vengeance. He’s cleaning up the mess and taking back his team!”

Photo Davis’ Raiders have gone 24-72 during the past six seasons.
(Paul Sakuma/AP Photo)

For a few minutes, I began to view the spectacle from that perspective, and I wondered whether it was, in fact, an admirable show of force from a Hall of Famer and football legend. Could it be that Davis, like Gene Autry and Steven Tyler before him, was back in the saddle again?

I dont think so. Personally Al Davis is the sole reason that team hasn't had a good season since their last super bowl appearence. he should have packed his bags up long ago and handed the riegns off to someone who is more with todays NFL as opposed to the NFL of yesteryears.

Back
Top Bottom