#1 Alabama vs. #2 LSU - Game of the Century Part Two | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Alabama vs. #2 LSU - Game of the Century Part Two

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Everyone probably remembers the first “Game of the Century” between Alabama and LSU back in 2011 when both were ranked #1 & #2.

It was a defensively dominated slugfest that saw no touchdowns scored, and LSU emerging victorious in overtime by a score of 9-6. A game which saw Alabama’s two kickers miss a combined 4 field goals.

The two teams would later rematch for the national championship that saw Bama win 21-0.

Incredible to realize how football has changed since then....

When these two teams meet in November in Tuscaloosa, it’s more likely to result in a final score of 59-56 than 9-6. But what all is potentially riding on this game is absolutely staggering.

The #1 ranking in the country will be at stake, along with the SEC West crown, a spot in the SEC Championship Game, and most likely the #1 seed in the CFB Playoffs.

Also, Nick Saban’s quest to surpass the great Bear Bryant with 7 National Championships.

But there’s more. The Heisman Trophy will also be at stake as Joe Burrow and Tua try to sling their way into college football immortality.

Lastly, the #1 overall pick in the NFL Draft could also be at stake between these two quarterbacks.

I don’t think a game with this much riding on it has ever been played in the history of college football.

This is a big one folks. One that will be talked about and remembered for a long, long time. It don’t get no bigger than this one.

I’ll be at my favorite bar in Tennessee watching this one. Cannot wait.

This game is high on my list as a must watch game. Two high powered offenses throwing punches. This will be better than any NFL game on Sunday this season.

Game of the century? :lol:

That’s just what your sports media outlets like ESPN called the Bama/LSU game in 2011.

But this time it may actually fit - unless you can point to a college football game played between #1 & #2 that had as much at stake.

You can’t.

I'm expecting a shootout, but one that Alabama will ultimately win. Should be a fun game to watch.

A slight hyperbole with Game of the Century, but as you've alluded to it should be a high scoring game.

I fully expect Alabama to win though as it may start off close, but I think your offense will ultimately have too much prolonged fire power for a pretty soft LSU defense to match up for the whole game.

I expect Tua to be Tua this season and make things look easy surrounded by his array of talent & am actually more intrigued to see how Burrows plays outside of Death Valley home advantage and in a real pressurised environment away from home.

That’s just what your sports media outlets like ESPN called the Bama/LSU game in 2011.

But this time it may actually fit - unless you can point to a college football game played between #1 & #2 that had as much at stake.

You can’t.
It's a midseason college football game. Maybe game of the year (up to this point) but not a game of the century. Sorry.

It's a midseason college football game. Maybe game of the year (up to this point) but not a game of the century. Sorry.

It’s completely uncommon to have so many things that significant all wrapped up in one game between the top two teams. It’s going to be much bigger than you think. I know you just like to be contrary and hard headed.

I can’t remember looking forward to a game this much that didn’t involve TOSU but I’ve adopted LSU as my SEC squad.

I'm still more worried about the Auburn game,than the one with the corndogs.

It’s completely uncommon to have so many things that significant all wrapped up in one game between the top two teams. It’s going to be much bigger than you think. I know you just like to be contrary and hard headed.
And wrong :lol:
You need to haul it down a notch. Seriously.

Your opinion is that it is the game of the century because Alabama is involved. For most it is a #1 vs #2 in the middle of the season. Interesting game but far from a game of the century or the biggest in history. #1 vs #2 for the National Championship will always have a higher standing than a midseason game - regardless of how many "at stakes" you like to attach.

Here is a history of #1 vs #2 with many of them deciding that National Champion.

https://www.boydsbets.com/college-football-no-1-vs-no-2/

Back
Top Bottom