1 Draft pick and 1 Free agent (Realistic) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 Draft pick and 1 Free agent (Realistic)

Who is the 1 guy you really want in the draft. It doesn’t necessarily have to be who we take at 3. Just any player you really want us to draft and with what pick with being realistic based on projections. And then who is 1 key free agent you would like to see us target. You can only choose 2 whose your top choices?

For me I think I will go with Najee Harris as my draft pick pick (18 or 36) and Marcus Maye as my free agent signing. Najee really impressed me and I think would take a lot of pressure off Tua. And I think it’s cool that he’s best friends with Tua. Marcus Maye really impressed me with his play this season, he’s the kind of play making interchangeable safety that could take our secondary to the next level. It also hurts the Jets. I’m sure NY will attempt to keep Maye and it’s unlikely he shakes free, but he’s probably my top choice.
Thing about this game is it’s too limiting. We can get probably 3 players we want in the draft with our first 3 picks. So if you don’t mind, I’m going 3 players in the draft and one free agent:

Pick 3 : Devonta Smith, Pick 18: Kyle Pitts, and Pick 36 RB Javonte Williams

Free Agency: WR Chris Godwin

That would be a dream off season for me. I’d also be thrilled with Jamar Chase at number 3 alternatively.

Any LSU fans have any insight on Chase with respect to character? I kind of figure Grier and Flo aren’t drafting any slappy’s in the top 10.

If it's up to me I'm signing Godwin as a must have.
In the draft I'm thinking Creed Humphrey around the 18 spot. We have a young line and are in need of a center. I think it would be a good mix of talent

I want Fournette as our FA rb (cheap) and Williams NC in the 2nd rnd
I like this combo, if Fournette $$ isn’t too steep.
But I would do cartwheels over Williams tho!! He and Najee are the 2 best HR’s at the RB position IMO. I’m good with either, but something about Williams that really sticks out with me.

I have serious doubts anyone will a take a RB in the top 25.

Mock drafts keep flipping the top WR prospects. Any given day any of them can be picked first, and always in top 5.

Not sure the reason, but for sure that immediate pro-Smith sentiment coming out of the NC game has died down.

You can join the other fan bases "Fitzmagic" has left and remember the good times, always forgetting the worst of times.

You Fitzpatrick guys are a broken record.
Why would you be against him coming back as the back up??

Mock drafts keep flipping the top WR prospects. Any given day any of them can be picked first, and always in top 5.

Not sure the reason, but for sure that immediate pro-Smith sentiment coming out of the NC game has died down.

folks start looking at those underclassmen that opted out not just wr

I'd like to trade back a few spots for an extra second round pick...I'd go with Adams or Chase.

At 18 I'd pick Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabamam if he's still there

I'd use the 3 #2 picks to get back into the first round and get Najee Harris, RB, Alabama

Free agent would without a doubt All Pro center
Green Bay Packers center Corey Linsley. He would be the captain of the line and help our youngsters.

Our offense would be something special

Zaven Collins, OLB/Edge, 6'4" 260 lbs, Tulsa. His positional flexibility is almost as fluid as his hips. In Miami's multiple defensive front he could be utilized/deployed in a multitude of ways. He's somewhat reminiscent of Kyle Van Noy except younger, bigger, faster, more athletic, maybe stronger and definitely cheaper. With Fitzpatrick's likely departure, KVN will be the team's elder statesman and having a ready made replacement for him in-house who could learn by his side for a year or two would be close to ideal. Also, unlike the consensus top rated draftable LB, there are no character concerns with this young man who is highly intelligent and hyper focused. He may be there at #36, but I tend to doubt it.

I didn’t know that about the gymnastics background. That really explains a lot. He seemed oddly freakish. I wanted him before I knew about his tumbling skills. Now I want him even more.

Draft: Penei Sewell at 4. (Trade with ATL)
Draft: Zaven Collins at 18.
Draft: Creed Humphrey at 36.
Draft: Jaelen Phillips at 50.
Draft: Tylan Wallace at 81.

As far as free agency goes, it’s hard to drool over the prospect of paying a $15-$20 million salary.

I’m looking for deals in FA. I’m looking for guys who would sign with Miami for less money than they’ll sign elsewhere. I’m not overpaying ANYONE at this point in our rebuild.

Gun to my head, I’m looking at signing GB’s center and Denver’s Safety.

Back
Top Bottom