1 Draft pick and 1 Free agent (Realistic) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 Draft pick and 1 Free agent (Realistic)

You can join the other fan bases "Fitzmagic" has left and remember the good times, always forgetting the worst of times.

You Fitzpatrick guys are a broken record.
Don't get me wrong, I am 100% Tua. Fitz has been good, want him back cheap and truly there won't be much room for any big free agents with 180 cap. Nor do I want to see them over spend on a big free agent with good rookies this year and hopefully next needing to be paid eventually

I love me some J. Williams! I also would love Harris but I am all for Williams!
IMO we aren’t using a #1 pick on a RB. We have other needs. If we can get JW in 2nd we should laugh all the way to the bank. Kid is a tank and a perfect compliment to Gaskins.

Why would you be against him coming back as the back up??

Simple.

You let the new Alpha grow.

No training wheels or bowling bumpers.

Just letting a locker room move on from a bridge QB.

This rebuild was never about a 37 year old journeyman QB. Or even winning a playoff spot in 2020. It was always about the out years. Fitzpatrick has no role in 2021.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% Tua. Fitz has been good, want him back cheap and truly there won't be much room for any big free agents with 180 cap. Nor do I want to see them over spend on a big free agent with good rookies this year and hopefully next needing to be paid eventually

You can't advocate for one thing while ignoring the repercussions.

Eventually Tua needs the ability to grow....without restriction. The social media era has made this imperative.

After all it only takes a few thumb strokes to make your goal as a FRANCHISE, tenous.

Penei and Godwin! Protect the QB and snag Mike Davis on a 1-2 contract for budget value.

Thing about this game is it’s too limiting. We can get probably 3 players we want in the draft with our first 3 picks. So if you don’t mind, I’m going 3 players in the draft and one free agent:

Pick 3 : Devonta Smith, Pick 18: Kyle Pitts, and Pick 36 RB Javonte Williams

Free Agency: WR Chris Godwin

That would be a dream off season for me. I’d also be thrilled with Jamar Chase at number 3 alternatively.
One negative is no OL help. Do you feel we can do “good enough” in late rounds.

If it's up to me I'm signing Godwin as a must have.
In the draft I'm thinking Creed Humphrey around the 18 spot. We have a young line and are in need of a center. I think it would be a good mix of talent
Many people seem to feel 18 is too high for a RB. Is it too high for a C?

Kyle pitts and Allen Robinson (unrealistic with cap but I still want him)

Smith, Chase and Williams are obvious but Kyle Pitts with the underneath routes and the chance to still stretch the field occupying safeties for chase/devonta or vice versa is underrated . Dude is a freak and would be perfect for Tua’s abilities .

One negative is no OL help. Do you feel we can do “good enough” in late rounds.
Sure. We’ve drafted fat guys high for years around here, where has it gotten us. And that tight end Pitts can actually block, so you get a double help there. We drafted very good linemen last year in the 2nd and 4th round. You can get linemen in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds just as you can any position. I don’t We invested 3 picks there last year, a first, second, and 4th. And those players should improve.

Also, with receivers that get open and separation, well Tua doesn’t have to hold the ball as long. Also, with multiple weapons that can actuallly force a defense to be honest and defend every blade of grass, that also makes it easier for our line. We can spread out defenses more. Our Oline problems aren’t soley based on the personel we have. Improved skill players will open up things for our offense which will make it easier on the big guys we have up front protecting our QB. Why are people so afraid of investing high draft picks on blue chip offensive skill players? Look you can find good player at any position in the first 3 rounds with a reasonably high hit rate. Well, we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds assuming we don’t trade.

Look at the chiefs. They have a rocking QB, All pro WR with hill, and probably the best tight end in the game and then they have three really good running backs. And Patrick Mahomes. Yes, when healthy they have a good line, but weapons like that really change a defenses mindset. So, we can;’t just keep drafting fat guys in the first and second rounds and not majorly upgrade our offensive skill positions and then wonder why Tua holds on to the ball to long because his WR’s don’t get any separation, don’t look open, and then the Olinemen can’t hold onto their blocks.

If a Defense doesn’t fear skill positions, or offensive weapons it will just Tee off on the QB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom