1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

As I've said before: Cannot fathom why many posters would support taking him at #6 or #7, but not at #3.

If he's your guy, pull the trigger and light a cigar. Trading down is great, but only if you are still guaranteed to land Smith. So Atlanta makes sense as a trade partner at #4 so they can block us trading out of #3 to a QB-needy team.

BTW, did you notice Alabama's Left Tackle "lighting it up" last night? No? Neither did I
Left tackles are important, but they just cannot break the game open like a DeVonta Smith can. Ask the Jets and ask Houston

F**k Sewell. Gimme DaVonta Smith
I've advocated for listening to the trade down offers but watching him last night...I mean, he's going to be a star. Don't overthink this...just draft him at #3 and Harris at #18. Instant offensive improvement in spades. Now, you still have to listen to the trade offers for #3 but I'm quite happy to just sew Smith on the back of a #6 jersey right now.

Can Devonta be had later, like 8?

Also...id like to see video of Devonta vs Surtain in practice. Devonta never faced top CBs

I like smith..he would fill number 2 or 3 wr on team.. but his size concern me in nfl..he need bulk up too at leased 190..them nfl cb ain't going let him run free like ohio st did...smith looks good last night..I wouldn't be mad if we draft him..it would help Tua out. Tua could throw that 5 yd pass all day to smith..

As I've said before: Cannot fathom why many posters would support taking him at #6 or #7, but not at #3.

If he's your guy, pull the trigger and light a cigar. Trading down is great, but only if you are still guaranteed to land Smith. So Atlanta makes sense as a trade partner at #4 so they can block us trading out of #3 to a QB-needy team.

BTW, did you notice Alabama's Left Tackle "lighting it up" last night? No? Neither did I
Left tackles are important, but they just cannot break the game open like a DeVonta Smith can. Ask the Jets and ask Houston

F**k Sewell. Gimme DaVonta Smith
Totally agree. The whole over drafting concept to me is stupid. You;re going to forget where you took him really quick when he's standing in the end zone spiking the ball.

Can Devonta be had later, like 8?

Also...id like to see video of Devonta vs Surtain in practice. Devonta never faced top CBs
No. After last night he shot up everyones draft boards like a teenage kids schlong watching a Britney Spears video. ATL is right behind us and Julio is oft injured. They won't hesitate.

I keep hearing all the complaints of Parker, Williams and others being injured all the time. I also keep hearing about not wanting small, thin and injury prone receivers.

But when a small WR goes off on a national stage, he's better in the NFL than say... a DK?

I don't mind falling in love with Davonta, especially for the sake of chemistry with Tua, but we also need that T.O./DK body lining up that is an absolute beast/freak that doesn't miss considerable games every season.

I know this will probably not be the sexy Opinion but if you notice their qb had 3 hours to throw the ball so if we don’t get better on the line it doesn’t matter what WR we get

No. After last night he shot up everyones draft boards like a teenage kids schlong watching a Britney Spears video. ATL is right behind us and Julio is oft injured. They won't hesitate.
I think ATL has bigger fish to fry than replacing one of their living legends at WR.

Mr. Ryan is about to be helped out the door. It's time for big changes down there.

Who needs an awesome weapon like Smith when we can just draft an OT at 3?......Scoring points is overrated in the NFL. We need to draft corn and more corn......we don't need playmakers.
We took so much corn 🌽 last year we won’t have digested it all come this draft. Let’s develop all these guys and layoff our tendency to always reach for a corn fed or 2 at rounds 3 or 4 this year. I want mainly all impact players / skill players this year. And that includes a total stud WR and RB.

I like smith..he would fill number 2 or 3 wr on team.. but his size concern me in nfl..he need bulk up too at leased 190..them nfl cb ain't going let him run free like ohio st did...smith looks good last night..I wouldn't be mad if we draft him..it would help Tua out. Tua could throw that 5 yd pass all day to smith..
Smith is a #1.

In what world does he play for the Fins as a #2 or #3?

Can't get the ball to smith if our line doesn't give Tua the time to throw it. The line isn't good enough. The most important element of any offence OR defense.

Wouldn't be angry with Smith going number three. But the line is more necessary. It also affects the run game.

Who needs an awesome weapon like Smith when we can just draft an OT at 3?......Scoring points is overrated in the NFL. We need to draft corn and more corn......we don't need playmakers.
I get the cheeky I get it

I get that D Smith is worthy of the third

I support this player at 3 if you want a certain player you don’t trade down

if he is worth 5-7 he is worth 3 for sure

But to scoff about corn over and over and over again - thing is that this team will eventually need to block to pass and rush the ball and we can’t - we don’t do either well it is ludicrous to suggest we can and that is what your posts about the LT have come to Danny because I read most of them

This team doesn’t block so how is that gonna be fixed?

Back
Top Bottom