1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

Dude I'm 6 ft...I'm not tall...6'1 is nothing...he's young enough to have a spurt still...but it'd be nice if he got close to Johnson/Moss height

Marvin Harrison is 6 ft...didnt stop him from getting over 1100 career catches

Reactions: Jed
I need to know what your interpretation of "selling out vs the run" means, because playing 3 linebackers ain't it.
I never said selling out against the run. I said they had to have extra defenders in the box. They could not play 5 vs 5 or even 6 vs 5 because they would just run for 5 yards per carry. They had to have numbers to just slow the run game down.

Marvin Harrison is 6 ft...didnt stop him from getting over 1100 career catches

just remember he had literally maybe the rarest qb ever in terms of processing information.

Peyton Manning is the absolute gold standard for processing information at the position

just remember he had literally maybe the rarest qb ever in terms of processing information.

Peyton Manning is the absolute gold standard for processing information at the position

Yeah thats a whole different level of QB play. That's one guy that didn't need an offensive coordinator...he was the OC at the line of scrimmage

I miss that about football. There used to be QBs that called their own plays. Now you don’t even see many audibles.

Yeah thats a whole different level of QB play. That's one guy that didn't need an offensive coordinator...he was the OC at the line of scrimmage

i remember a prime time game against the colts. We possessed the ball for literally like 45 minutes they had four possession scored four tds we never even touched Peyton we kicked one fg late and celebrated if I remember like we won the Super Bowl and that one fg was the difference in the game in terms of us losing.

that was when I was like how do I get a qb like that?

Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be... DeVonta Smith’s the ansa, let it be...

And the Colts stayed with him after a rough rookie season.

Don’t forget about Preston Williams, 6-5 218 he is still only 23. I think there is still plenty of time for Tua to make him look very good. If he can stay healthy would be nice.
'Stay healthy' = dont let weird, random things happen to you?
PW had zero control over his 'health' this year or last. Bad luck. He's like Yatil Green Jr right now.

What if #3 Smith shows he can't get off the line VS NFL corners who can all run and jam?
This is maybe why Chase is the better option. Like Daniel Jeremiah was saying. The SuperStar WRs in the league, in recent years, are bigger guys.

He'd never give it, potentially not wanting to lower a team mate's draft stock, but I'd love to pick the brain of his 'Bama team mate who probably squared off against him in practice all year.
What does Patrick Surtain think of D. Smith?
"Could you cover him one-one?"

Would that still be the case or have more DBs become athletic enough to stop him better than during his career?

that’s a good point. You can watch old tape and see that current dbs are much more athletic than the old school ones by and large

bigger stronger faster but you can do that with just about any position also

This is maybe why Chase is the better option. Like Daniel Jeremiah was saying. The SuperStar WRs in the league, in recent years, are bigger guys.

He'd never give it, potentially not wanting to lower a team mate's draft stock, but I'd love to pick the brain of his 'Bama team mate who probably squared off against him in practice all year.
What does Patrick Surtain think of D. Smith?
"Could you cover him one-one?"

there’s a part of me that thinks if you pass up jamar chase he’s gonna end up making you look really stupid

like maybe he’s being undervalued. All I know is that kid every time I put a game on as a true sophomore was murdering cats

there’s a part of me that thinks if you pass up jamar chase he’s gonna end up making you look really stupid

like maybe he’s being undervalued. All I know is that kid every time I put a game on as a true sophomore was murdering cats
I agree with this. I believe there are 2 truly elite WRs in this draft.

We can have him if we want him plain and simple that’s the reality!!! That’s what we need to do with number three period. I know we need to continue to build the O line but I’ll take Smith over Sewell. We can pick a lineman with our 18th pick.
Agreed. Building the line doesn’t mean constantly using first round picks until we have 5 that click. We can approach the line at any point in this draft. I want the difference maker at 3, and Smith looks like a difference maker to me.

Reactions: Jed
Back
Top Bottom