1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

orpheus

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah thats a whole different level of QB play. That's one guy that didn't need an offensive coordinator...he was the OC at the line of scrimmage
and yet two teams foolishly gave Adam Gase a HC gig because a fully recovered and determined Peyton Manning had a record breaking season. Gase wasn't the reason why.

hoops

Tua time!
Club Member
Reaction score
and yet two teams foolishly gave Adam Gase a HC gig because a fully recovered and determined Peyton Manning had a record breaking season. Gase wasn't the reason why.

peyton himself endorsed Gase to Miami i know of. I think the Jets also

NYFINest

Club Member
Reaction score

Lol exactly. Offensive guru was he not

orpheus

Rookie
Reaction score
Count me out. I don't want Smith. I don't think he's even the best WR in the draft let alone a top 5 player. Yeah, he had a big game Monday but a lot of those plays will not be such big gains against NFL talent.

orpheus

Rookie
Reaction score
peyton himself endorsed Gase to Miami i know of. I think the Jets also
Peyton was a divisional rival of Miami for a large part of his career and never before had he ****ed over Miami so much.

hoops

Tua time!
Club Member
Reaction score
Peyton was a divisional rival of Miami for a large part of his career and never before had he ****ed over Miami so much.

well he screwed us prior when he did a token interview to come play qb for us during his tour

I think he said in respect to Ross lol he took the interview

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Club Member
Reaction score
All but 2 of these guys were Way Overdrafted, so the list almost makes a counterpoint to what youre saying.
Blackmon wouldve been a Beast if the NFL wasnt crazy-fascist about cannabis.
Way over drafted according to who? Talking heads on TV? People on the internet? The only way to know if they were way over drafted is if we know the draft boards of all 32 teams.

juniorseau55

rookie
Reaction score
Other than Peytons Rookie season, the colts didn't do jacksh*t while they were in the afc east. Matter of fact, they lost against us in tbe wild card round lol. A team with a ****ty offense. In fact the colts didnt have a winning season until they went to the Afc South. Their defense was trash, and Tony Dungy came in there and did magic with almost no defensive stars.

Last edited:

MiaFins31

Scout Team
Reaction score
You mentioned it twice my man, it kinda seems like it was a big part of your reasoning but I digress. When you say everyone will look back and say we took the safe pick I surely hope you don't mean this fan base because if Smith ends up being a super star and Sewell ends up being meh you better believe people are coming down on Grier with no hesitation.

I really don't understand your reasoning as far as if we take a WR high and he bust somebody will lose their job. What if the rest of the draft is really good...an -A? Don't teams usually get evaluated on draft CLASSES and not just the one player they missed? I could maybe understand if Smith was seen as a reach at 3 or something but if he and Sewell are both considered top 5 prospects and we took one within the top 5, what's the problem?

Dion Jordan was drafted was drafted at #3 in 2013 and busted big time who got fired for that one? Tannenbaum wasn't fired until 2018 and Grier is now in charge of drafting. Maybe back before the rookie pay scale heads would roll because players in the top 5 were getting huge deals that handcuffed teams for years but now it's easier than ever to move on from bad picks.
All fair points however I disagree that the FO is evaluated on the entire draft. Thats how it should be but thats rarely how the fans do it. The fans remember the 1st round pick and not much else. Fair or not thats what the average fan remembers. And nowadays more and more owners and FO people are starting to break under pressure once the fan base gets loud enough. But certainly the rest of your post are fair points.

greasyObnoxious

I love lamp
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Other than Peytons Rookie season, the colts didn't do jacksh*t while they were in the afc east. Matter of fact, they lost against us in tbe wild card round lol. A team with a ****ty offense. In fact the colts didnt have a winning season until they went to the Afc South. Their defense was trash, and Tony Dungy came in there and did magic with almost no defensive stars.

the Colts went 13-3 in '99 and 10-6 in '00. the re-alignment didn't happen until 2002.

their offenses ranked 4th, 3rd and 2nd between '99 and '01.

Top Bottom