1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

Having DaVonta Smith in a Dolphin uniform wouldn’t suck. He is so smooth.

All he does is win championships.

Obviously a great fit with Tua. The pick makes sense.

I had preferred Chase because of his size, but after seeing how fresh Smith still looked after 2 punt returns and 12 catches in the first half I don’t have any concerns.

Smith is a #1.

In what world does he play for the Fins as a #2 or #3?.. he remind me off Gin jr...he would be better at 2 or 3..if u want him be number 1.. that ain't going wk..I hope he drop down.. in first rd at 18...

I keep hearing all the complaints of Parker, Williams and others being injured all the time. I also keep hearing about not wanting small, thin and injury prone receivers.

But when a small WR goes off on a national stage, he's better in the NFL than say... a DK?

I don't mind falling in love with Davonta, especially for the sake of chemistry with Tua, but we also need that T.O./DK body lining up that is an absolute beast/freak that doesn't miss considerable games every season.
This. Dude is 175 lbs. Rail thin and WRs drafted that high are so so risky. I prefer Chase over Smith but you dont pass on Sewell if he's their for either of the WRs. Get the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft and that's Sewell.

I would prefer they take Jones. I think Smith will be spending much time on IR

It's about value. You trade down to 5-8 & take him if he's still there. He's even with Chase & just above Waddle. Any one of those 3 receivers with an additional 1st next year & a 2nd/3rd round this year is far & away better for us than just taking DeVonta at 3.
totally agree.. trade down to 5-8 if any team is willing to move up.. but...…. if not, I take smith at 3. the only reason I even hesitate is that he looks skinny (175 lbs) but he is dynamic

His build is concerning but, at the same time, its not like he can't add some bulk. Obviously the concern would be how it would effect his speed/acceleration but that isn't a forgone conclusion, either.

This. Dude is 175 lbs. Rail thin and WRs drafted that high are so so risky. I prefer Chase over Smith but you dont pass on Sewell if he's their for either of the WRs. Get the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft and that's Sewell.

Sewell is only as good as the weakest link on the OL.

I'll gladly take the best receiver in 2021

I get the excitement following the game. I'm no college expert at all so can someone give me a pro comparison to Smith? Size and all?

No. After last night he shot up everyones draft boards like a teenage kids schlong watching a Britney Spears video. ATL is right behind us and Julio is oft injured. They won't hesitate.
My dream off-season would be to draft Devonta Smith and trade the falcons a 2nd and Devonte Parker for Julio Jones. Falcons gotta go full rebuild.

I'm curious what 40 time smith will run.. I suspect its gonna be much better then a 4.4 to 4.5 nfl draft scout and Walter football estimate him at. That kid is fast as hell

My dream off-season would be to draft Devonta Smith and trade the falcons a 2nd and Devonte Parker for Julio Jones. Falcons gotta go full rebuild imo
I dont think the Phins are close enough that trading for an aging future HOF'er would be wise. Just my opinion, though

We can have him if we want him plain and simple that’s the reality!!! That’s what we need to do with number three period. I know we need to continue to build the O line but I’ll take Smith over Sewell. We can pick a lineman with our 18th pick.

Great game by Smith I cringed when he was returning punts. Could you imagine the fallout if he was injured returning a punt?

Sewell is such a great prospect there's a good chance he won't even fall to Miami @3, making the Smith pick relatively easy for us.

If he does fall then I don't think they can go wrong either way as both are such amazing prospects, it's a great spot to be in.

Tua is the only thing that can truly hold this franchise back imo which is why I'm so hard on him.

IF he is truly the prospect that so many of y'all suggest then we will be just fine, but IF Herbert continues to outplay him (excuses be damned) Tua will hold the entire franchise back like he did this season because Fitz who isn't great was clearly the better QB.

Back
Top Bottom