1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

Are we pretending that teams were selling out to stop the run when facing Alabama now? That's the level of made up BS we're at?
Ohio State did. They ran base defense, never went nickel.

That is why I want Sewell. When you can run effectively it opens up the passing game.

What if #3 Smith shows he can't get off the line VS NFL corners who can all run and jam?

What if #3 Smith shows he can't get off the line VS NFL corners who can all run and jam?
Even if that was true...you do know that they are OC's out there that can scheme to get players open areas.(kind of their job) i know we didn't see with Chan,but that was because...Well,it was Chan.

Reactions: Jed

he gets off press well vs college kid’s so I’m not so worried about that. I just want the rarest talent

The one that comes around the least with my top 5 pick.

How can #3 be too high for a WR? There's plenty of precedent for taking a WR in the top 5, it's not like we're taking a Center or something.

Corey Davis went #5
Amari Cooper went #4
Sammy Watkins #4
Justin Blackmon #5
AJ Green #4
Calvin Johnson #2
Braylon Edward #3
Larry Fitzgerald #3
Charles Rogers #2
Andre Johnson #3
All but 2 of these guys were Way Overdrafted, so the list almost makes a counterpoint to what youre saying.
Blackmon wouldve been a Beast if the NFL wasnt crazy-fascist about cannabis.

God
As DeVonta Smith stole the show at the College Football Playoff National Championship, the Miami Dolphins fan base couldn’t help but fantasize at the chance to take him in the upcoming 2021 Draft.

The senior Heisman Trophy winner exploded for 215 yards and three touchdowns in the first half against Ohio State on Monday night. The Buckeyes simply had no answers for him in the secondary and Alabama raced out to a 35-17 lead at halftime. An anonymous Power Five coach went as far as to call Smith “a cheat code.”

With yet another historic night, Smith clearly is setting himself up to play on Sundays. Now, Dolphins fans are desperately campaigning to bring the star wideout to Miami.

The Dolphins will pick third in the upcoming draft thanks to a trade with the Houston Texans. Miami also finds itself in need of strong skill players, making Smith an obvious choice for the organization. Dolphins fans remembered to remind team ownership of that on Twitter during Monday night’s game.

View attachment 62519

View attachment 62520
View attachment 62521
Smith has all of the potential to be a star in the league, regardless of who is throwing him the football. In Miami, the Alabama receiver would get a chance to link up with former teammate Tua Tagovailoa to form a fearsome Crimson Tide duo. The rookie quarterback struggled in his first season in Miami, but a lead wideout would certainly improve his prospects in 2021.

Smith’s first half not only endeared him to the people of Miami, but also set a plethora of title game records. With Alabama comfortably in the lead, it’s unclear what the senior wideout will do in the second half, but it’s possible that history could continue to be made

God I hope he grows 3 inches...other than that he's a special player

God
God I hope he grows 3 inches...other than that he's a special player
Look at his wing-span...he's 6'1 with wing-span of a 6'3 player...he's a knuckle dragger...

Look at his wing-span...he's 6'1 with wing-span of a 6'3 player...he's a knuckle dragger...
Dude I'm 6 ft...I'm not tall...6'1 is nothing...he's young enough to have a spurt still...but it'd be nice if he got close to Johnson/Moss height

he gets off press well vs college kid’s so I’m not so worried about that. I just want the rarest talent

The one that comes around the least with my top 5 pick.
I hope all of you are right, we already have a TE, who can't block and has trouble with the jam and several WR's that can't separate...

Just send him in motion. I think Smith can beat press, but you can always use motion to get a free release..

Exactly. Even in that game against Ohio State he was sent in motion on a decent amount of his catches.
I think that will be his ideal use at the next level

Back
Top Bottom