1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 NFL Fan Base Is Desperately Wishing For DeVonta Smith

Yeah thats a whole different level of QB play. That's one guy that didn't need an offensive coordinator...he was the OC at the line of scrimmage
and yet two teams foolishly gave Adam Gase a HC gig because a fully recovered and determined Peyton Manning had a record breaking season. Gase wasn't the reason why.

and yet two teams foolishly gave Adam Gase a HC gig because a fully recovered and determined Peyton Manning had a record breaking season. Gase wasn't the reason why.

peyton himself endorsed Gase to Miami i know of. I think the Jets also

Lol exactly. Offensive guru was he not

Count me out. I don't want Smith. I don't think he's even the best WR in the draft let alone a top 5 player. Yeah, he had a big game Monday but a lot of those plays will not be such big gains against NFL talent.

peyton himself endorsed Gase to Miami i know of. I think the Jets also
Peyton was a divisional rival of Miami for a large part of his career and never before had he ****ed over Miami so much.

Peyton was a divisional rival of Miami for a large part of his career and never before had he ****ed over Miami so much.

well he screwed us prior when he did a token interview to come play qb for us during his tour

I think he said in respect to Ross lol he took the interview

All but 2 of these guys were Way Overdrafted, so the list almost makes a counterpoint to what youre saying.
Blackmon wouldve been a Beast if the NFL wasnt crazy-fascist about cannabis.
Way over drafted according to who? Talking heads on TV? People on the internet? The only way to know if they were way over drafted is if we know the draft boards of all 32 teams.

Other than Peytons Rookie season, the colts didn't do jacksh*t while they were in the afc east. Matter of fact, they lost against us in tbe wild card round lol. A team with a shitty offense. In fact the colts didnt have a winning season until they went to the Afc South. Their defense was trash, and Tony Dungy came in there and did magic with almost no defensive stars.

Last edited:
You mentioned it twice my man, it kinda seems like it was a big part of your reasoning but I digress. When you say everyone will look back and say we took the safe pick I surely hope you don't mean this fan base because if Smith ends up being a super star and Sewell ends up being meh you better believe people are coming down on Grier with no hesitation.

I really don't understand your reasoning as far as if we take a WR high and he bust somebody will lose their job. What if the rest of the draft is really good...an -A? Don't teams usually get evaluated on draft CLASSES and not just the one player they missed? I could maybe understand if Smith was seen as a reach at 3 or something but if he and Sewell are both considered top 5 prospects and we took one within the top 5, what's the problem?

Dion Jordan was drafted was drafted at #3 in 2013 and busted big time who got fired for that one? Tannenbaum wasn't fired until 2018 and Grier is now in charge of drafting. Maybe back before the rookie pay scale heads would roll because players in the top 5 were getting huge deals that handcuffed teams for years but now it's easier than ever to move on from bad picks.
All fair points however I disagree that the FO is evaluated on the entire draft. Thats how it should be but thats rarely how the fans do it. The fans remember the 1st round pick and not much else. Fair or not thats what the average fan remembers. And nowadays more and more owners and FO people are starting to break under pressure once the fan base gets loud enough. But certainly the rest of your post are fair points.

Other than Peytons Rookie season, the colts didn't do jacksh*t while they were in the afc east. Matter of fact, they lost against us in tbe wild card round lol. A team with a ****ty offense. In fact the colts didnt have a winning season until they went to the Afc South. Their defense was trash, and Tony Dungy came in there and did magic with almost no defensive stars.

the Colts went 13-3 in '99 and 10-6 in '00. the re-alignment didn't happen until 2002.

their offenses ranked 4th, 3rd and 2nd between '99 and '01.

Not hoops, but I see Najee as very similar to Chuck Foreman. Najee is a little bigger, but their styles are so similar. They are not speed demons, but they both catch the ball so well out of the backfield. They run super tough, breaking tackles and always falling forward. They both have just a little wiggle to find the crease and then power through arm tackles. Old guys like me will know Foreman well. Young guys need to google his highlights to see what I mean.
Harris has one of the best stiff arms ever. He is "Czonka like" crashing through defenders and marshall falk hands catching the ball. He is absolutely my rb choice no matter where we take him. Second on my rb list is Jevonta. One of those two is an ABSOLUTE must in this draft so tua doesnt think he has to be dan marino on every snap. Critical for tua's growth and longevity in the nfl.

As DeVonta Smith stole the show at the College Football Playoff National Championship, the Miami Dolphins fan base couldn’t help but fantasize at the chance to take him in the upcoming 2021 Draft.

The senior Heisman Trophy winner exploded for 215 yards and three touchdowns in the first half against Ohio State on Monday night. The Buckeyes simply had no answers for him in the secondary and Alabama raced out to a 35-17 lead at halftime. An anonymous Power Five coach went as far as to call Smith “a cheat code.”

With yet another historic night, Smith clearly is setting himself up to play on Sundays. Now, Dolphins fans are desperately campaigning to bring the star wideout to Miami.

The Dolphins will pick third in the upcoming draft thanks to a trade with the Houston Texans. Miami also finds itself in need of strong skill players, making Smith an obvious choice for the organization. Dolphins fans remembered to remind team ownership of that on Twitter during Monday night’s game.

View attachment 62519

View attachment 62520
View attachment 62521
Smith has all of the potential to be a star in the league, regardless of who is throwing him the football. In Miami, the Alabama receiver would get a chance to link up with former teammate Tua Tagovailoa to form a fearsome Crimson Tide duo. The rookie quarterback struggled in his first season in Miami, but a lead wideout would certainly improve his prospects in 2021.

Smith’s first half not only endeared him to the people of Miami, but also set a plethora of title game records. With Alabama comfortably in the lead, it’s unclear what the senior wideout will do in the second half, but it’s possible that history could continue to be made

That may have been true for many off the euphoria at seasons end...but once all the prospects are analyzed Smith is 3rd or fourth at receiver for most!

Back
Top Bottom