#1 Threat to the Miami Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Threat to the Miami Dolphins

Rich Eisen is a Zionist shill and Omar Kelly works for the Mossad, there I said it...****ing sports, man

And WHO exactly controls the "media"? Thats the real question of the times we are in. Discover and accept it and ONLY THEN will a person know the media and it's agenda.
Media says something you agree, they are independent and unbiased.
Media reports something you disagree, they are the enemy of the people.
Its rather simple really.

Does anyone even trust the news anymore? Don't want to get political here, but it's no longer about facts and the truth in some media outlets.

Unfortunately, that has extended to sports as well.
Yes... I trust the media... because the media is tens of thousands of different voices... networks, stations, podcasts, newspapers, blogs... even the wasteland of youtube.

...and on that media, there are sensible voices, and stupid voices. There is no 'the media' unless you are trying to tell me that Daily Kos = Fox News.

Both sides are offered and that is what THE media is... ALL of the voices. There is no central control; there is no conspiracy... and 911 was not an inside job, nor is the Earth flat.

And at this time, the #1 threat to the Miami Dolphins is Xavien Howard.

Either his greed wins and our contract balance is upended; he plays and is pissy all year; or we trade him for less than he is worth-- all because being the second highest paid player on the team isn't enough.

X is the biggest threat to our success.

Either his greed wins and our contract balance is upended; he plays and is pissy all year; or we trade him for less than he is worth-- all because being the second highest paid player on the team isn't enough.

The thing is X really doesn't have much leverage, he just doesn't understand that yet.

Yes, X was a deserving player for DPOY nomination last year. He also was all-pro (1) and I believe pro bowl for the 2nd time. However, anybody who follows the Dolphins even a little bit knows they've built depth in the secondary.

As you mentioned elsewhere adding pass rush offsets a downgrade in the secondary.

As I said months ago i'd restructure his deal adding some guaranteed money next season but not really offer him more money overall. This can be done year after year if necessary. If he wants to sit, then sit and pay back some money.

The thing is X really doesn't have much leverage, he just doesn't understand that yet.

Yes, X was a deserving player for DPOY nomination last year. He also was all-pro (1) and I believe pro bowl for the 2nd time. However, anybody who follows the Dolphins even a little bit knows they've built depth in the secondary.

As you mentioned elsewhere adding pass rush offsets a downgrade in the secondary.

As I said months ago i'd restructure his deal adding some guaranteed money next season but not really offer him more money overall. This can be done year after year if necessary. If he wants to sit, then sit and pay back some money.
That's my take almost exactly.

Clearly, we'll lose some ability to win on this year's team, but standing up to this should increase our chances in future years-- both from a perspective of keeping the cap in shape, and in showing the other players that the team won't be blackmailed.

This is very similar to when we have arguments over what we should do in the free agency period-- where some posters want to spend huge amounts of dollars in an attempt to win RIGHT NOW, while other's counsel caution and building through the draft.

That's my take almost exactly.

Clearly, we'll lose some ability to win on this year's team, but standing up to this should increase our chances in future years-- both from a perspective of keeping the cap in shape, and in showing the other players that the team won't be blackmailed.

This is very similar to when we have arguments over what we should do in the free agency period-- where some posters want to spend huge amounts of dollars in an attempt to win RIGHT NOW, while other's counsel caution and building through the draft.
What it really boils down to is he wants more money but probably hasn't even considered making less money.

I mean half the reason we drafted Iggy and signed Jones was due to uncertainty surrounding X so there's definitely a contingency plan in place.

Don't get me wrong, I love X as a player and always have when he's been healthy. I also believe that he has outplayed his guaranteed money so throw him a bone. Just don't reset the market or offer him a a huge guaranteed extension. If he can't live with that then let it hit him in his wallet because he will have clearly shown he cares about that more than his team.

Yes... I trust the media... because the media is tens of thousands of different voices... networks, stations, podcasts, newspapers, blogs... even the wasteland of youtube.

...and on that media, there are sensible voices, and stupid voices. There is no 'the media' unless you are trying to tell me that Daily Kos = Fox News.

Both sides are offered and that is what THE media is... ALL of the voices. There is no central control; there is no conspiracy... and 911 was not an inside job, nor is the Earth flat.
Well said, but we have media outlets now that are almost 100 percent opinion based. It's not about the facts building truths. And, hey, everyone has an opinion, which I guess fuels ratings.

If you are easily fooled by conspiracy theories, false narratives etc., you get what happened on January 6. That is dangerous. Fortunately, I think most people tune into different media and have many sources of finding information.

The public has to be so much more savvy now if they want to hunt down the truth. As an aside, I remember having maybe 10 channels when I grew up. The news varied by station, but nowhere near where it is today. It wasn't Republican news or Democratic news, but simply the news.

As to sports, we've always had speculation and rumors. Rumored trades as an example. But there seems to be less respect for the players than years ago. Maybe it's simply needing to fill more space, blogs etc. To find a story that is more interesting.

In that sense, as fans, it's not all bad. Look at the amount of NFL draft coverage we get now compared to 30 or 40 years ago.

Mods, if this borders on too political, feel free to remove.

Well said, but we have media outlets now that are almost 100 percent opinion based. It's not about the facts building truths. And, hey, everyone has an opinion, which I guess fuels ratings.

If you are easily fooled by conspiracy theories, false narratives etc., you get what happened on January 6. That is dangerous. Fortunately, I think most people tune into different media and have many sources of finding information.

The public has to be so much more savvy now if they want to hunt down the truth. As an aside, I remember having maybe 10 channels when I grew up. The news varied by station, but nowhere near where it is today. It wasn't Republican news or Democratic news, but simply the news.

As to sports, we've always had speculation and rumors. Rumored trades as an example. But there seems to be less respect for the players than years ago. Maybe it's simply needing to fill more space, blogs etc. To find a story that is more interesting.

In that sense, as fans, it's not all bad. Look at the amount of NFL draft coverage we get now compared to 30 or 40 years ago.

Mods, if this borders on too political, feel free to remove.
I read most of my news, like 95% + I don't watch it. I stay away from opinion pieces and read investigative journalism then cross reference it for context etc. It's more work but I think I'm closer to the truth than if I didn't put so much effort into it.

I read most of my news, like 95% + I don't watch it. I stay away from opinion pieces and read investigative journalism then cross reference it for context etc. It's more work but I think I'm closer to the truth than if I didn't put so much effort into it.
Same here. And I respect all opinions, but you can see when the narrative is for political gain. I also check out who owns media outlets. That can tell you a lot.

He is the best player on the team and is not paid like the best player on the team. The balance has already been upended when they threw more money at an inferior cornerback.

He is the best player on the team and is not paid like the best player on the team. The balance has already been upended when they threw more money at an inferior cornerback.
Hogwash...

When you bring in a free agent, you have to bid against the other teams in THAT market. The market in Jones' year was higher, so he made more...

We don't have to bid against ourselves because X is already signed with us. We can just fine him until he shows up...

Hogwash...

When you bring in a free agent, you have to bid against the other teams in THAT market. The market in Jones' year was higher, so he made more...

We don't have to bid against ourselves because X is already signed with us. We can just fine him until he shows up...

The "they are under contract so they should just play" ship sailed about 20+ years ago. NFL teams have absolutely no obligation to honor a contract for its full term, why should a player?

Back
Top Bottom