#1 VS #2--- Post predictions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 VS #2--- Post predictions

Quizlet

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alright it is AFC east #1 VS #2--- predict the game here!

Myne.

Dolphins- 34
Bills- 31

well I tell you that as I look over our schedule that I think that besides Green Bay, Buffalo scares me the most..our other games against very good teams (San Diego, Chicago, Oakland) are all at home.. I still remeber what KC did to us and I think Buffalo may have the best passing attack in football, Thank God their D sucks :) ..New England is starting to look really silly for trading away Bledsoe.. he looks great in Buffalo.. I have been saying all along that they would be sorry and Brady is not that good.. but people jumped all over me, especially with how they started.. and before the NE game I said I was not worried about Brady and we would show how good he really is..
but anyways back to your post.. My prediction is

Dolphins 35
Bills 28

I see the FIns d stepping up with the game on the line to seal it.

I think the Dolphins lose this one. They are way to banged up, and after such a physical battle on Sunday night, they just won't be up to it.

Bills 28
Phins 14

Hope I am way wrong...but this team took it in the chops last night.

I'm not sure what to make of this game. If we lose a game at home this season, I gotta think this is the one we're most likely to lose. But I think Ricky is in real good shape right now, he got somewhat of a breather from those 36 carries or whatever against the Patriots. Buffalo's defense is awful and even if they know that Ricky is getting the ball, I'm not so sure they can stop him. Having said that, that will make Lucas' job a LOT easier, but I think we really need Chambers back to complete our offense. If we don't get Chambers back, Buffalo can stack the line all game and it won't matter if we do the play-action pass, because we have no deep threat.

Our defense usually comes to play at home but they did get a work out last night. I think Jason Taylor will need to step up again but I'm not so sure he's ready this time. Anyways, the secondary should be ready to play, they didn't get banged up much at all last night. That's really all we need to stop Bledsoe, two corners who can stop Price and Moulds. No one in the league has done it yet, but we may be able to do it with Sur-tan and Madison. Freeman needs to play good for us to win. This game will probably come down to special teams, like most of our games do.

Prediction:
Buffalo 20
Miami 27

Adphinistrator brought up a good point I didn't think about. Denver really left us hurting. They wanted that win....bad. I say hold Chambers out this week as a precaution. We will need him against better teams down the stretch. Luckily we are at home......

We will need Chambers against Buffalo. He was a Bill killer last year. And Lucas likes to take shots deep so we had better get someone in the game who can go up for the ball like Chris can in order to prevent costly turnovers and drive stalls.

Buffalo's offense scares me a little bit. Eric Moulds has gone he||a nasty on us before...Peerless Price appears to be a little better than in years past. Travis Henry doesn't scare me at all, but Larry Centers does especially since I've noticed that dumps out of the backfield have been very effective against us this year.

Don't take the KC game for a blueprint of the Buffalo game. They are totally different. With KC, we had to throw everything including the kitchen sink to stop Priest Holmes, and we dared Trent Green to beat us while doubling Tony Gonzales most of the time. The defense would have worked pretty well except in the redzone, Tony Gonzales was just THAT DAMNED GOOD. Our bend but don't break defense was broken because of Tony Gonzales getting mismatches in the redzone. Otherwise, that game was not all unlike what happened last night at Denver. The only differences between KC and Denver is that against Denver our front four came alive to get pressure against the QB whereas against the Chiefs JT's injury showed, and the time Trent had to throw combined with Gonzo's godliness was the edge the Chiefs needed to do something that the Broncos could only do once...break our redzone defense.

With Buffalo it will be completely different. We'll be aiming to stop Drew Bledsoe at all costs, and daring Travis Henry to try and have a good game against our much-improved run defense. They have no All-Universe tight end. And our front four should be able to get a good amount of pressure against the relatively immobile Bledsoe (they also dont have one of the best OLs in the league, unlike the Chiefs).

I think you guys are really underestimating Henry. The guy has great vision and is really tough to tackle. He had a good game against the Bears front four which is tough against the run (12 for 68) and he seems to be getting better each week. I admit he has a fumble problem and I would not be at all surprised to see him lay it on the turf this week in Miami but I think he could cause you guys some problems. As for the game, I believe it will come down to how much pressure you are able to generate against Bledsoe. Our offensive line is much improved this year but I'm not sure if they are ready to take on a D the caliber of the Phins.

I believe the Phins should and will attempt to bring alot of pressure up the middle as this plays into Bledsoe's weakness. If you can flush Bledsoe out of the pocket he's completely ineffective and he'll force some bad throws. I think the difference will be a defensive touchdown by Miami when Buffalo is going in for a go-ahead score.

I say: Phins 27 - Bills 17. With an interception returned for a TD late in the 4th quarter.

For all the hype about the Dolphins defense, Miami has a worse pass defense than Buffalo and Buffalo's defense has more sacks than Miami
Eric Moulds will have at least 150 yards, along with 100 by Price.
Ricky Williams will have 80 rushing and 50 recieving.
Bledsoe leads team to go ahead TD with 1:30 left. Lucas can't get the job done.

Buffalo 27
Miami 21

Originally posted by drewpac
I think you guys are really underestimating Henry. The guy has great vision and is really tough to tackle. He had a good game against the Bears front four which is tough against the run (12 for 68) and he seems to be getting better each week. I admit he has a fumble problem and I would not be at all surprised to see him lay it on the turf this week in Miami but I think he could cause you guys some problems. As for the game, I believe it will come down to how much pressure you are able to generate against Bledsoe. Our offensive line is much improved this year but I'm not sure if they are ready to take on a D the caliber of the Phins.

I believe the Phins should and will attempt to bring alot of pressure up the middle as this plays into Bledsoe's weakness. If you can flush Bledsoe out of the pocket he's completely ineffective and he'll force some bad throws. I think the difference will be a defensive touchdown by Miami when Buffalo is going in for a go-ahead score.

I say: Phins 27 - Bills 17. With an interception returned for a TD late in the 4th quarter.

Wait a second, and let me guess, he reminds a lot of people of Barry Sanders and Walter Payton, no wait a second, that was Clinton Portis, how many yards did he have? Seriously bro, we heard the exact same paragraph about Clinton Portis from Taco John or John Taco, whatever his name was. It doesn't mean squat. Its nice seeing a Bills fan who is intelligent though......

Originally posted by LetsGoBuffalo
For all the hype about the Dolphins defense, Miami has a worse pass defense than Buffalo and Buffalo's defense has more sacks than Miami
Eric Moulds will have at least 150 yards, along with 100 by Price.
Ricky Williams will have 80 rushing and 50 recieving.
Bledsoe leads team to go ahead TD with 1:30 left. Lucas can't get the job done.

Buffalo 27
Miami 21

Is that a fact? Are you sure? Every other Buffalo fan is saying their pass defense is a weakness. How about some stats? Its almost funny how much you all sound like the Jet, Patriot, and Bronco fans......

Actually, I would say he reminds me more of Emmitt Smith:)
I hear what you're saying Marion31 and I would probably say the same thing. Talk is cheap. We'll see on Sunday if Henry can prove it on the field! Good luck!

Dolphins 37
Bills 16

I think our D will stop Bledsoe. I think Ricky will have 148 rushing.
Lucas will step up like a champ but he will throw 1 pick. Surtain and Madison will each have another interception. J.T. will have 3 sacks and the prince will have 2.

:billsbite:

Here are the stats:
Pass Defense:
19. Buffalo 224.3 yards per game
25. Miami 243.5 yards per game

Sacks:
4. Buffalo 18
16. Miami 12

Pass defense is Buffalo's weakness, but it looks good compared to Miami's.

Lucas comes with all cylinder BANGING

27 miami
17 jills

Back
Top Bottom