10-12 New Coaches Next Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10-12 New Coaches Next Year?

Prime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Adam S. just reported that there could be somewhere between 10-12 new coaches next year. He said that a few will be fired and some will just quit on there own. Will this effect the NFL alot of this does happen?

Ace88 said:
Adam S. just reported that there could be somewhere between 10-12 new coaches next year. He said that a few will be fired and some will just quit on there own. Will this effect the NFL alot of this does happen?

I think it could cause the league to be weaker next year. Most will probably be NFC teams.

St. Louis - Mike Martz(resign)
Baltimore - Brian Billeck(fired)
New Orleans - Jim Haslett(fired)
Minnesota - Mike Tice(fired)
San Diego - Marty Schotteheimer (retire)
Oakland - Norv Turner (fired)

These are just my opinions on what will happen

I thinks 10-12 new coaches next year is a definitely an EXAGGERATION. Here's who I expect to resign or be fired...

Minnesota- Mike Tice (fired)
Houston- Dom Capers (fired)
St. Louis- Mike Marts (resigned)

Close calls:
Green Bay- Mike Sherman
Baltimore- Brian Billick
New Orleans- Jim Haslett (I don't think he will be because of everything the team and city has endured, he'll get a mulligan)
Herm Edwards- Possible, but unlikely.

Dick Vermeil- Most likely retirement.

So I'm thinking only they'll be 3 new coaches by being fired or resignation (Martz, Tice, Capers) and then possibly Dick Vermeil to retirement. So that's 4... and than possibly Haslett, Sherman, and Billick. I say 7 TOPS, but my guess is 3 or 4.

If that happens somebody better go to Iowa & try to get Kirk Ferentz. He's the best coach available. & teams had best stay away from Linehan.

I don't think Norv gets fired just because he has only had 1 year. Also as bad as the Ravens have looked they could very well turn this around and play to their potential. If they do that. Billick stays.

What about Mariucci. He has had enough time now. I always liked the guy but maybe patience is getting thin.

Obvious:
1)Tice

Probable:
2)Dom Capers
3)Haslett
4)Mike Sherman

Possible:
5)Dick Vermeil (retire)
6)Schottenheimer (retire)
7)Mariucci
8)Mularky
9)Herman Edwards
10)Mike Martz (retire)
11)Brian Billick

Remote:
12)Mike Holmgren
13)Bill Parcells (retire)

PhinsPhan said:
I don't think Norv gets fired just because he has only had 1 year. Also as bad as the Ravens have looked they could very well turn this around and play to their potential. If they do that. Billick stays.

What about Mariucci. He has had enough time now. I always liked the guy but maybe patience is getting thin.

Obvious:
1)Tice

Probable:
2)Dom Capers
3)Haslett
4)Mike Sherman

Possible:
5)Dick Vermeil (retire)
6)Schottenheimer (retire)
7)Mariucci
8)Mularky
9)Herman Edwards
10)Mike Martz (retire)
11)Brian Billick

Remote:
12)Mike Holmgren
13)Bill Parcells (retire)
I agree Mariucci is a possiblity if Detroit doesn't win the North this year, no excuses. Just curious why everyone thinks Schottenheimer is going to retire?? I haven't heard anything about that, is his contact coming to end or something? And what about Parcells?

painnotpleasure said:
I agree Mariucci is a possiblity if Detroit doesn't win the North this year, no excuses. Just curious why everyone thinks Schottenheimer is going to retire?? I haven't heard anything about that, is his contact coming to end or something? And what about Parcells?

I think more than anything it is just because he is 63 years old or something.

The Parcells I say because he has spent 3 years in Dallas. He has retired before, it just wouldn't suprise me that much if he walked away again if he has another season that doesn't lead into the playoffs. Like I said both of them were possible I didn't mean to make it sound like they were likely but I was trying to figure out the 10-12.

I don't think Haslett will get a free shot. His owner doesn't have a heart so he doesn't care.

PhinsPhan said:
I think more than anything it is just because he is 63 years old or something.

The Parcells I say because he has spent 3 years in Dallas. He has retired before, it just wouldn't suprise me that much if he walked away again if he has another season that doesn't lead into the playoffs. Like I said both of them were possible I didn't mean to make it sound like they were likely but I was trying to figure out the 10-12.
Yeah, I agree. I see where you're coming from, I'm going to catch the post game show of Total Access tonight and the repeat afterwards and see if Adam Schefter mentions which coaches.

I think Haslett, Tice, Sherman, Turner and Capers are out. There are some other close calls like Martz and Edwards too, but i think they'll stay. Martz has made it to a Super Bowl at least, and Edwards has gotten the lowly Jets to the playoffs numerous times. Turner and Capers have done poor jobs, Haslett has done virtually nothing. Tice and Sherman were products of talent without an ounce of coaching brilliance, they're gone.

Back
Top Bottom