10 Nfl Players With Most To Prove In Training Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Nfl Players With Most To Prove In Training Camp

I would disagree. If Rosen is still a question mark at the end of the season, we really have no choice but to draft a QB, and probably spend more than just our rd1 pick to do it.

If we don't find out, the Rosen trade was pointless, and a wasted pick, that could have been used on the O-line.

I guess you are correct that we don't "have to know", but then what was the point of it all?

I look at it like this. If Rosen looks to be the genuine artifact, we cut at least a year off the rebuild, and we use our picks to build the other positions.

Oh, we're taking a QB next year, what would be pointless is to just give Rosen away to another team after one season. He's valuable and we have him for three years, at least.

It'll play its way out, but I just think if your pass protection is crap, you won't get a solid evaluation anyway.

I truly hope Josh Rosen turns out to be the answer Miami has been seeking at QB? It be such a boon for the team and franchise, not having to select a QB in 2020 with its top pick. I see a 2 year window for Miami to potentially evaluate and then either move on from Rosen as it's starting QB. These next two years are when the window to find the organization's potential Franchise Starting Caliber QB, is open; considering the talent at the position, that may be available after the 2020 and 2021, college football seasons.

I think folks around here seriously underestimate the validity of
QB evaluation in practice. Especially with a good staff...

I'm highly confident our coaching staff will have a VERY STRONG IDEA
what they have in Rosen well before next April.

I think folks around here seriously underestimate the validity of
QB evaluation in practice. Especially with a good staff...

I'm highly confident our coaching staff will have a VERY STRONG IDEA
what they have in Rosen well before next April.

I find it interesting some can 'evaluate' QBs based on their college performance - and not a single NFL snap, but HAVE to see Rosen in action to get an accurate read.

I find it interesting some can 'evaluate' QBs based on their college performance - and not a single NFL snap, but HAVE to see Rosen in action to get an accurate read.
"Some" would be accurate. I do think you can evaluate a player in practice, but only to a certain point.

I also think the majority of those who want to see Rosen in live game situations, are not the same ones who swear so and so QB is a "can't miss" guy. There is no such thing.

I want to see Rosen play, but I think drafting QBs is a crap shoot. You can make informed decisions, but "franchise" QBs don't grow on trees, and there is always risk to a degree.

Yes, a Peyton Manning was close to a sure thing, but many thought Ryan Leaf was too.

I agree with you though. Scouts, and professionals miss on QBs regularly, yet Bud Light Joe fan thinks they can evaluate with certainty.

"Some" would be accurate. I do think you can evaluate a player in practice, but only to a certain point.

I also think the majority of those who want to see Rosen in live game situations, are not the same ones who swear so and so QB is a "can't miss" guy. There is no such thing.

I want to see Rosen play, but I think drafting QBs is a crap shoot. You can make informed decisions, but "franchise" QBs don't grow on trees, and there is always risk to a degree.

Yes, a Peyton Manning was close to a sure thing, but many thought Ryan Leaf was too.

I agree with you though. Scouts, and professionals miss on QBs regularly, yet Bud Light Joe fan thinks they can evaluate with certainty.

I suspect any of us who have played much organized sports have seem players who seem to muddle through practice but, once in the game, seem to come alive. And visa versa. Raw talent can be evaluated. The smarts and desire can't always be evaluated. To pick a number at random, the top 7 projected picks of every draft class are near unanimous picks of professional evaluators, amateur evaluators, and Joe Average. Takes little skill (or reading other evaluations). Evaluators earn their money and reputations from, say, picks 15 through 96. Even then, as you say, the misses outweigh the hits.

Enough of that. Rosen certainly has plenty to prove. We know his lack of protection affected him just as lack of protection affects Brady, Rodgers, Brees, pick-a-QB. I hope Flores can get him protections so a reasoned evaluation can be made by game 16. Where Rosen HAS to prove himself is the way GOOD QBs prove themselves. Can he shake off his previous season and not let it affect the mental part of his game. That's what I'll be watching. If he can't, move on.

The thing to remember with Fitz too is that he always will have the spectacular play... but he will then come back and suck for weeks. That's the reason he is one of a few QBs that have a 6 TD game but also has several 4 INT games

I'm a musician.

I've been in bands with phenomenal players.

In practice.

Until you hit the stage, the lights come on, and the crowd roars, you never really know about anybody.

Some shine, some wilt.

That first gig is always nerve-wracking when you are playing live with someone for the first time.

All the practice in the world is not going to tell you what will happen.

I'm a musician.

I've been in bands with phenomenal players.

In practice.

Until you hit the stage, the lights come on, and the crowd roars, you never really know about anybody.

Some shine, some wilt.

That first gig is always nerve-wracking when you are playing live with someone for the first time.

All the practice in the world is not going to tell you what will happen.

images

Rosen has the potential to shine but he doesn't have to Start day 1 to do that. I am going to let the new coaching staff decide when he is ready and if that's day 1, great. If not, it doesn't make his pick up a bad move...

And the Franchise QB tag should be a couple years away from any QB. Too much can go wrong no matter how good he looks this year.

Back
Top Bottom