10 picks for 3-4 starters...i like those odds | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 picks for 3-4 starters...i like those odds

fiftyofhaze

the entire organization
Reaction score
our offense is locked up wit talent in all aspects of it for the first time ever realistically. now we got a serious draft crew in the trifecta as the past 2 years have shown...then we add nolan to that so he can grab lesser tier players that fit his system to the tee. we need 3-4 starters outta this draft and we got at least ten picks with future trades to surely add more. i dont doubt that we wind up with 2 olbs 1 fs 1 te and a solid nt for fill in duty til big ferg gets back in the next few days...super excited for the season and our incredible aquisitions...:hi5:

9 picks in each of the last 2 drafts....

IMO we should have 3 starters from each draft on opening day....

3-4 starters from this draft might be tough since we have no 2nd round pick now.

In each of the last 2 drafts we had 2 2nd round picks, and landed 1 starter from the 2nd in each draft (Henne, S.Smith).

the other starters were our 2 firsts (Long, Davis), a 3rd (Langford) and a 4th (Hartline).

So if our 1st rounder winds up a starter, we would need to hit on at least our 3rd or 4th rounder just to come away with 2 starters....that's the best I think we can expect.

defensively we find players to fill our coaches system..that easy no???

3-4 starters from this draft might be tough since we have no 2nd round pick now.

In each of the last 2 drafts we had 2 2nd round picks, and landed 1 starter from the 2nd in each draft (Henne, S.Smith).

the other starters were our 2 firsts (Long, Davis), a 3rd (Langford) and a 4th (Hartline).

So if our 1st rounder winds up a starter, we would need to hit on at least our 3rd or 4th rounder just to come away with 2 starters....that's the best I think we can expect.

i would be content getting "only" 2 starters out of this draft. imagine if we find a FS and a OLB. that would go a long way towards rebuilding our D.

Finding instant STARTERS is going to be harder for a few reasons. First off, the previous two drafts we had four picks in the first three rounds. This year we have just two picks in the first three rounds with no second rounder.

I would definitely think whoever we draft in the first round is going to come in and be a starter especially if it is an OLB, NT or FS. Finding starters in the mid to later rounds will be harder for the fact that Miami is stronger than they were prior to the 2008 and 2009 seasons. It was easier to plug a rookie in when there wasn't a whole lot of talent on the team to begin with.

I do think Miami will find a trade partner in the first round(Eagles?) so I think recouping the second round pick will happen. I think this draft will produce two opening day starters and some starters down the road.

Finding instant STARTERS is going to be harder for a few reasons. First off, the previous two drafts we had four picks in the first three rounds. This year we have just two picks in the first three rounds with no second rounder.

I would definitely think whoever we draft in the first round is going to come in and be a starter especially if it is an OLB, NT or FS. Finding starters in the mid to later rounds will be harder for the fact that Miami is stronger than they were prior to the 2008 and 2009 seasons. It was easier to plug a rookie in when there wasn't a whole lot of talent on the team to begin with.

I do think Miami will find a trade partner in the first round(Eagles?) so I think recouping the second round pick will happen. I think this draft will produce two opening day starters and some starters down the road.

that really will be the key to a successful draft IMO....let's cross our fingers.

We already got our starter from our second round pick. His name is Brandon Marshall!

never mind the starters, I'd be happy if we can get 4 guys that will contribute....if we move down and get a 2nd then we're doing great.....we can get our starting OLB in round one, then a safety in round 2 and a TE in round 3......the NT will come later and those guys rotate in and out anyway......then we have lots of picks to get depth at O-line, ILB,and maybe a QB to groom.

Ozzy rules!!

Amazing how the fans outlook on the team can change from one big trade!(Marshall) Well, and a small trade too (Ginn). I know I feel a lot better!

Back
Top Bottom