10 Reasons The Phins Will Be Better | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Reasons The Phins Will Be Better

1. Ricky Williams
2. Ricky Williams
3. Ricky Williams
4. Ricky Williams
5. Ricky Williams
6. Ricky Williams
7. Ricky Williams
8. Ricky Williams
9. Ricky Williams
10. Ricky Williams

You guys will not be good as long as you start Daunte. Get rid of him.

I hope you guys get better. It's not fun beating you guys when your down.

Before any Jets fan can start bashing QB's, they need to first find themselves a QB who can actually throw a ball 10 yards. All this little dinking and dunking for 3 and 4 yards is bull**** football. And its proof that CP sucks and has no arm. DC can throw and run better than Pennington could ever dream of. So before i hear and Jets fans bashing QB's, i think they better get a QB who can actually throw the ball. MTV should do a new episode of True Life based on Chad Pennington and call it......."Im an NFL QB with the arm of 4 year old".

Still alot of question marks, but we definitley have potential. Good Post.

Huh??? When was Alabi and Shelton ever injured last season? I think you dreamed that one up there, bud. :lol:

Good point.. I was tired... I meant Berger, not Alabi.

And I thought either Shelton or Damion Mac were playing hurt for a bit, but maybe, as you said, I was going nuts by then. :) I'll amend my thread post if it'll let me, to say:

OL injuries included: Berger (out, foot then cut in Nov.), McKinney (IR), Anderson (IR), Toledo (IR), Janeo James (knee surgery), Rex played through some injuries, and I had thought either Shelton or MacIntosh were playing injured at some point but I may have just been so traumatized by then that I was imagining things. I also thought either CJ Brooks or Orrin Thompson were also banged up before we cut them.

The Defense won't be on the field all the damn time.
quote]

Good point. I forgot to add that. As the offense gains a bit more consistency, it will show with fresher legs on defense (especially for our older front four near the end of a game).

1) If we pick up Kris Dielman in free agency we'll be better. Then we could cut LJ Shelton or Jeno James.

2) Other free agents I'd like to see us pick up: Asante Samuel, Nate Clements, Adalius Thomas, Lance Briggs, Daniel Graham, or Donte Stallworth. Although I don't know how realistic it is to get even one of these guys.

3) If we draft Levi Brown we'll be better.

4) If we draft Ryan Kalil, Kyle Young, or Dan Mozes we'll be better.

5) If we draft Drew Stanton we'll be better.

6) If we draft a lockdown CB, a LB, a WR, and/or a kicker we'll better.

7) If Randy Mueller is the real deal then we'll be better.

8) That's it. I'm done. I guess it mostly comes down to personnel with me. But you already said everything I'd say about the non-personnel issues, Bpk.

We seem to have too many needs right now. But if the Fins address just half of them we'll be a better football team. The thing that concerns me most is our lack of depth. A couple of key injuries and we're done. But I guess you could say that about anybody.

1) I agree that an upgrade at LT is paramount to Daunte having enough time to be effective this year. I'm not sure we give up on Shelton as a combo
backup RG and LT. I actually thought he played RG better than he played LT last year!

2) The problem with FA's this year is that almost every team has a ton of cap space (the result of ALMOST not having a CBA last offseason, which sent everyone scrambling to get their financial house in order... now they are benefitting from it... also, as always TV revenues are up, thanks in part to in house NFL network games, plus ESPN out-bidding the Networks for MNF by a probably inadvisable margin). Despite the Dolphins sounding like they have lots of money to play with in Free Agency, the reality is that, I think, we rank somewhere in the 20's in terms of the amount available. That's right, the BOTTOM third. So, teams with more money will be able to pay to keep their own talent, and the FA's that *do* move will whip prices up to some extraordinary levels, igven all the cash available to spend. I think it would be a crippling mistake to overpay a FA with a long term contract signed during this type of inflated market. In future years that FA would be a disproportionate amount of our team cap.

3) Talent wise, yes, but O-linemen take awhile to mature, unfortunately, so the benefits may not be fully realised immediately.

As to the other points, it all depends, as you say, on how well an unfettered Randy Mueller now does without the Nicktator around (thanks profootballtalk). I never expect the draft to save us, because everyone gets about the same amount of talent from the draft, unless you've traded for picks, or lost picks (or pick top three or so). THe sad fact is, this franchise would be in a very different position today if the year we had the #2 pick had been a normal, strong draft year. Ronnie is a fine runner, but compared to the history of number two picks, and even nymber three and fours, he is not quite as blue chip.

I was just pointing out there other side it............

Again, personally, I think it's stupid to sit there and predict 10 wins based on what has transpired. Waiting and seeing is the best approach. I don't know what's so hard about that for some people.

Regardless of what you think, and you are welcome to your opinion, I do not take kindly to having what I think referred to as stupid. I don;t agree with you, but would scarcely desire to impune your intelligence because of that.

It makes people less receptive to your points, by the way, to call them names. At least this person.

Back
Top Bottom