10 worst draft picks of the last 25 years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 worst draft picks of the last 25 years

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
This is much easier than picking the best, which shows why we have been bad.

1-Billy Milner T (Hou) 1995 1st round pick # 25 We tried a third time to pull off, taking two linemen with the first two picks to fix our line. This guy was a disaster, to make matters worse he was from my high school and and I was shocked when we took him round 1. He was forced to actually play one game and only redeeming quality was we traded him for Troy Drayton. Lasted 3 seasons. Huge reach. Top player left on board- Derrick Brooks LB Top lineman
left Blake Brockenmeyer T

2-Eric Kumerow LB/DE (Ohio St) 1988 1st round pick #16 Another of our reach picks that played a total of three seasons for an average of less than 10 tackles and a career total of 5 sacks.Was traded for Vestee Jackson.
Top Player Left- Randell Mc Daniel T Top OLB left Cliff Charleton.

3- Yatil Green WR(Mia) 1997 1st round pick 15. Was top rated receiver in draft, was a good pick as far as talent but never overcame injury. Injured two preseason's in a row and ended up with 18 catches for career. Top player left- Tarik Glenn T TOp Wr- we were screwed no matter who we took Rae Carruth.

4-David Overstreet RB (okla) 1981 1st round pick 13. Did not play for two years because he signed in Canada. Grand total of 392 yards rushing. In june of 84 crashed into gas pumps and died.

5-John Bosa DE(Bost College) 1987 1st round pick 16. Hate to put him on the list because in reality he was an excellent pick but after a great rookie season, got injured and only lasted three seasons.

6-Sammie Smith RB(Fl St)1989 Round 1 pick 9 . Was my most dissapointing pick, because he had so much talent and should have been the back to take us to the next level. Was ok in his first two seasons scoring 15 td's and had about 1400 yards rushing. Was a fumbler and after three years we traded him to Denver for Bobby Humphry. Only reason he is higher than Bosa he played longer

7- Jamar Fletcher CB (Wis) 2001 Round 1 pick 26. Was so dissapointed by this pick because Brees was the perfect pick. Fletcher did actually play some but was never steady enough to even be the nickel back. He actually has played in the nfl longer than any of my other choices to this point.

8-JJ Johnson RB (miss st) Pick 39 round 2. Another pick that had shelf life of 3 years. Major head scratcher at this pick,Had 500 yards rushing his first season and did nothing after that.

9-Dorien Brew CB (Kan St) 1996 Round 3 pick 79. I know he was a third round pick but he did not even make the roster Nuff Said.

10- John Avery RB(Miss) Round 1 pick 29 1999. I know some would rank Avery much higher but he had a solid rookie season for a guy that started no games and was a dangerous returner.

A couple of guys that were close to making this list missed after more consideration. Jackie Shipp did get about 200 tackles in his career, I do think he is easily among our worst picks ever because he went so high butat least he did something. Andrew Greene was a lock at first look but even though he was total crap in the NFL , he has actually played in a total of a 116 games in the CFL for Winningpeg and is a four time cfl all star.

Just my two cents worth.

Yeah, I mean... I would've still put up great stats after I crashed into a gas pump and died. What a crappy pick.

Yeah, I mean... I would've still put up great stats after I crashed into a gas pump and died. What a crappy pick.

I more or less based it on him only gaining 390 yards and skipping us to play in Canada for two years. We basically got nothing out the 13th pick, too bad he died but I just look at it from his contribution and our level of pick. I am a huge Celtics fan and think the Len Bias pick set us back for a decade.

6-Sammie Smith RB(Fl St)1989 Round 1 pick 9 . Was my most dissapointing pick, because he had so much talent and should have been the back to take us to the next level. Was ok in his first two seasons scoring 15 td's and had about 1400 yards rushing. Was a fumbler and after three years we traded him to Denver for Bobby Humphry. Only reason he is higher than Bosa he played longer
I hated Sammie Smith. Is he still in prison?

Back
Top Bottom