10 years last week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 years last week

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
What milestone did Dan surpass 10 years last week (Sept 12th) ?

If my mind is telling me right, Dan the man surpassed the 40,000-yard passing mark. Not that it was part of the question, but I believe he did this against the Jets but the Jets won that game.

Originally posted by Phinz1972
If my mind is telling me right, Dan the man surpassed the 40,000-yard passing mark. Not that it was part of the question, but I believe he did this against the Jets but the Jets won that game.
correct

http://www.miamidolphins.com/history/historicalhighlights/historicalhighlights8.asp

September 12
Dan Marino surpasses the 40,000-yard passing mark during Miami's 24-14 loss to the N.Y. Jets. He joins Fran Tarkenton (47,003), Dan Fouts (43,040) and Johnny Unitas (40,239) as the only quarterbacks to gain 40,000 passing yards. Marino attains the 40,000-yard mark in only 153 regular-season games and accomplishes the feat faster than any QB in league history. The previous record for fastest ascent to 40,000 yards was 168 games by Dan Fouts.

ironically Vinny passed 40K in a loss ag the Phins ;)

Wow, my mind was telling me right but I pretty much knew I had it right, but as for the Jets thing, I narrowed it down to the Jets and Pats, just couldn't remember which one, so I took a wild guess.

Back
Top Bottom