100% Legal Ways To Watch Games - No Streams, No Vpns

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ANUFan, Jul 28, 2018.

1. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

For those of us that aren't in S.Florida what are some of the legal solutions for watching games this season?

-Thanks

Ray R and gunn34 like this.
  2. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Finheaven VIP Donator

Sunday ticket is just about the only one unless you take more frowned upon means into consideration.

3. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

keep all suggestions 100% legal...

illscriptures and GUH-sick-EE like this.
  4. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

NFL Sunday Ticket if you want to watch games live. You can sign up for the streaming version if you don't want to get Directv. If you don't mind waiting until Sunday evening to watch the game you can get NFL Game Pass, which gives you access to recordings of all the games for a year.

Ray R, foozool13 and coalesce like this.
  5. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Is there anything to watch the preseason games live for out of town fans?

6. Superself

Superself If you want to, we can supply you. Finheaven VIP

You could find a Buffalo Wild Wings and hang out there. They usually show all games. Locally here in NJ we have tons of options.

Ray R likes this.
  7. gregorygrant83

NFL Sunday Ticket does not give access to preseason games. With NFL Game Pass, the regular season games are archived and showed on a delay, the preseason games are live. Also NFL Network usually shows all of the preseason games once or twice over the course of the week, but for that you might have to wait either a few hours or sometimes a day or two before you can watch the game you want.

8. GUH-sick-EE

GUH-sick-EE Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that you couldn't get the streaming version unless you lived in an apartment or dorm.

Dajesus likes this.
  9. gregorygrant83

You can get it in most homes too. There are only a few areas that you can't. On their web site you can punch in your address and it will tell you if you qualify of not. If not, you can always uses your parents or a friends address, with their permission of course. People have even used friends address and then once approved and signed up called an updated the address to their real address. Sunday Ticket doesn't really seem to care as long as they're getting paid.

Travis34 and GUH-sick-EE like this.
  10. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

How good is the streaming quality? Which I've heard is the big downfall to this service.

BTW the plans start at $73.00 per month...Ouch!

11. GUH-sick-EE

GUH-sick-EE Well-Known Member

Apologies.

12. gregorygrant83

I think it all comes down to your internet service if you have a good provider I think the service isn't bad. I've used Game Pass over the years, because I don't mind waiting to watch the game and I like rewatching the games during the offseason, plus it's much cheaper. I usually hook my computer or Roku to my tv with an HDMI cable and the picture is below watching high definition cable or satellite maybe on par with what tv looked like pre hdtv era. If you're in an area with poor internet service some people say they have experienced pauses or buffering in the broadcast which get annoying. I know Game Pass allows you to sign up for a one week trial, so I would suggest trying it first during preseason to see if you like it or not. Of the three sports MLBTV seems to be the best streaming service, NFL Game Pass is next and NBA League Pass seems to have more issues than the others. I'm not much of an NHL fan, but the few times I have used their service it seemed pretty good too. Again I tend to use NFL Game Pass and since you don't have as many people trying to use the service at the same time I would think the quality if slightly better than Sunday Ticket. Of course there are a ton of other options to watch live sporting events, but if you want to stay legal these are some of the best options.

And I forgot to mention, if the game is nationally televised or available on tv in your area it will be blacked out on each of the professional sports streaming services. That's never been a problem for me, but for people who want to watch their local team while at work for example it can be a problem.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    coalesce and ANUFan like this.
  13. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Hmmm maybe they are more lenient now. I know where my house is I could get direct tv service and therefore no streaming. So I've always used my girlfriend's mother's address (a condo) and I sneak past that way. It's not the most reliable service but usually works. I guarantee it would be better if I had faster internet (~5-7 mb download speed about.... for now), so I'll have times it will buffer, or the picture quality will dip. Usually refreshing the page fixes it which is annoying. There's no way to adjust the quality from what I recall on there, so say you don't want to load it in HQ you are forced to and then probably buffer. But I will say, the times when I watch pre season games with "other means" the picture usually tends to be much better, videos run smoother - but then they tend to be VERY unreliable. And of course, the hell ish ads

So I wonder how much of it is internet speed vs NFL ST's own crummy website / app? Maybe I'm just making excuses here

14. gregorygrant83

Game Pass is $99 for the year, Sunday Ticket is more, but the price is broken down on 4 installments I believe, not for 12 months. Again there are cheaper options that have a pretty good service and free options as well that aren't hard to find, but if you want to stay 100% legit than Game Pass and Sunday Ticket are the two options.

ANUFan likes this.
  15. gregorygrant83

Also you can go to MLB.TV, they have a free game every day. I think their picture quality is similar to the NFL service, so you can hook your computer, Roku, Amazon Fire device or Apple Tv up to your tv and get an ideal of what the picture for NFL game will look like.

ANUFan likes this.
  16. SaskFinFan

SaskFinFan Rookie Finheaven VIP

here in Canada we had/have DAZN, it was horrible at the beginning the the season last year, didnt hear if it got better. I dropped it because it had to many issues that they originally refused to admit they had. But it is suppose to be offering preseason games this year. I might try it again, they wont charge you if you drop it in the first few weeks after you sign up if you dont like it or have issues. Costs about 20 a month.

ANUFan likes this.
  17. tazthenomad

tazthenomad FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Completely legal and even cheaper - if you have a relative in college you can have them sign up for a discounted version. You need the student's college email to sign up and of course, their permission. My daughter's college education has a side benefit!

Blackcreekbandit and ANUFan like this.
  18. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Just a heads up, I checked the NFL Network's schedule and it looks like the taped replay of the Dolphins/Bucs game is scheduled for Saturday 8/11 at 6:30am.

19. 4th And Drunk

4th And Drunk Well-Known Member Donator

For the record, it is not illegal to watch illegally streamed games. It is illegal to download and/or copy them. However, i understand why we don't openly suggest sources here.

To be clear, you are breaking zero laws by watching a stream.

Banksy, BobDole, Blancgary911 and 5 others like this.
  20. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

I could suggest some, but unfortunately all mine are free and illegal.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    jnozag, ANUFan and superphin like this.
  21. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Aside from Sports Bar/Sports themed wing place, check your area for local Dolphins fan club, here in York, Pa there are two that I know of. The one is really great and you just pay 50 bucks each season for membership and it goes towards the ticket for whole bar and then if you want drinks of course you pay but every so often they have some killer buffets

gunn34 likes this.
  22. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Finheaven VIP Donator

If I go to the Carolina game I'll facetime you and point it toward the field :D lol

23. SaskFinFan

SaskFinFan Rookie Finheaven VIP

Sorry I work in the industry that pays me to make movies, television shows and the music industry. Down loading or even streaming such content free really pisses me off. It pays my bills and keeps me working. Think free doesn't hurt people, trying paying a mortgage or feeding kids for free. I will look for the best deal I can find, if I cant I just don't pay, but never an illegal streaming site!

coalesce and ANUFan like this.
  24. Delsolar16

Delsolar16 Active Member

If you live out of the country you can stream games live with NFL Game Pass. If you're in the US though you have to wait until that evening.

25. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Movies, tv, music, etc are different than the NFL imo (yes i know not really). They have such a monopoly on watching your favorite team it’s ridiculous. You have to jump through hoops to get the steaming service, if it works. Or forced to buy direct tv and then get ST. Maybe not everyone wants / needs DTV for that extra money a month, which then is hiked up to a ridiculous price. If they made their product more accessible, less people would look to illegal means

26. McMichael

McMichael Seasoned Veteran

If you live in the designated area you can watch the game free with literally just an antenna and any TV....At least all the games on Fox and NBC. ESPN is not on antenna tv so no monday night games. yet there are people paying hundreds of dollars to watch. It does seem like a bizarre system.

This season im going to be on the west coast of FL most of the time, which means my local channels will be showing all the Bucs games over Fins games.... For the first season in a while I am going to have to either pay or travel somewhere to watch the games ;\

Blancgary911 likes this.
  27. finomenal

finomenal FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

28. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes Finheaven VIP Donator

https://nflst.directv.com/student

Use discount code BACKTOSCHOOL

Price drops to $79.97 for entire season.

The main thing of course is having student info to get this deal. If you have a kid in school . . .great! If not you really just need a student name, DOB and school to get past verification and then slap a paypal account on and you should be good.

I don’t bother because I am local and spend $5 a month on red zone but this is the cheapest “non bar” way of doing it.

29. coalesce

coalesce Dolphin Fan since 1974

Sunday Ticket works fine for me. It's available through the NFL on my Apple TV (no need for DirectTV), the streaming quality is quite good (although not as good a broadcast TV, but I gave up cable two years ago and I live too far away from either Albany or New York City to use a digital antenna). If I really wanted to watch the game live, there are sports bars where you don't have to spend a couple of body appendages to watch the game. Besides, I wind up listening tumor games than watching since I'm usually in the car on Sundays.

30. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Derek Jeter sits when he pees Finheaven VIP Donator

They don't even have to be related i used a friend I play online with who lives across the country from me

tazthenomad likes this.
  31. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Derek Jeter sits when he pees Finheaven VIP Donator

This right here is the best paid way in

gunn34, tazthenomad and GUH-sick-EE like this.
  32. bakerbakerthetdmaker

bakerbakerthetdmaker Banned Hammered

KEEP IN MIND SUNDAY TICKET DOESN'T GET YOU PRE-SEASON GAMES. Like zero idea why but it's burned me in the past.

33. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I agree! And it's ridiculous that you need to buy the full game pass to get the preseason games. Now if you want to watch all of the LIVE games you'd need to get Sunday ticket and game pass. I had no problems paying 19.99 to be able to watch the 4 preseason games in addition to Sunday ticket. That was a great deal but the greedy as **** NFL has to force you to buy the whole thing now for $99. Now I just scumbag the 3rd preseason game (get game pass for the free trial and cancel after the game). I'm not paying for 2 services to watch games.

Also, always call directTV to see if you can do better on Sunday ticket. DO NOT JUST PAY IT or think you, "don't have the time". I've gotten it free or heavily discounted for like 12 years. It's completely worth the 20 minutes of your time.

GUH-sick-EE likes this.
  34. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

I streamed both MLB and Sunday ticket last year, found MLB rock solid, but Sunday ticket was in and out. The quality would either drop to unwatchable or just cut out altogether. Very frustrating. Using FiOS 50/50

35. gregorygrant83

Of course you could always go to your local college and offer to buy a student a case of beer in exchange of using his/her ID for a few minutes.

GUH-sick-EE, Anvil35 and Kdawg954 like this.
  36. Birdmond

Birdmond A True Fan Donator

Best I could do was 90.00 off the Premium Sunday Ticket and HBO and Cinemax free for 6 months. I’m happy with this.

37. NJ Dolphan

NJ Dolphan Rookie

Other thing about streaming on the Sunday Ticket is that there's a delay of about a minute, at least there was when I signed up for it for the 2016 season. So if you're always on twitter or following your fantasy team in real time like I am, than you know what happens in the game well before you actually see it.

38. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Thank you for the code - my wife is taking online courses. And that counts.

Blancgary911 and Kdawg954 like this.
  39. gregorygrant83

Good point. A lot of people have complained that the stream is delayed 30 seconds to a minute behind the live broadcast. I never really notice because I tend to watch the stream and not toy with social media or fan forums during the game. However, I know it is problem for a number of people. And some people just don't like knowing they're behind real time. If I pause a game for a minute or to to go to the restroom and then return an resume play I have friends and relatives that just go nuts if I don't at least fast forward through the commercials to catch up with real time.

40. boho44

boho44 Well-Known Member

DAZN worked fine for me all year. Nice to be able to watch the game from anywhere. 20$ a month is definitely worth it to watch the dolphins. They also have all games saved if you want to watch it later. Includes nfl redzone and NFL network.

ANUFan likes this.